Music in Books/Stories...Have cake...

I just want to say that I wished that someone could come up with a way/invent the technology to incorporate music into what we write (I'm coming from an author's viewpoint). Like, you know, my character is sad, standing alone on the edge of a cliff, and when the reader turns the page to that scene a set of violins starts playing a sad songs as background music. Kinda like in movies where they have instrumental music to reflect the tone and feeling of a scene I think it would be awesome to incorporate it into books and stories.

I just want to say that I wished that someone could come up with a way/invent the technology to incorporate music into what we write (I'm coming from an author's viewpoint). Like, you know, my character is sad, standing alone on the edge of a cliff, and when the reader turns the page to that scene a set of violins starts playing a sad songs as background music. Kinda like in movies where they have instrumental music to reflect the tone and feeling of a scene I think it would be awesome to incorporate it into books and stories.

If a writer were to actually be able to do this and then actually DO it, as a reader I would have to respond by figuring out how to punch them in the head over the Internet. :lmao:

Every bad writer out there would fluff up their stories with horrible Celine Dion, Rihanna, Evanescence, and other autotune nightmares. And sound effects, like alarm clocks, school buses, surly teenagers, and sex sounds. Think of the ability to hear a sex scene played out, while READING it. :o

• Site Administrator

If a writer were to actually be able to do this and then actually DO it, as a reader I would have to respond by figuring out how to punch them in the head over the Internet. lmaosmiley.gif

Every bad writer out there would fluff up their stories with horrible Celine Dion, Rihanna, Evanescence, and other autotune nightmares. And sound effects, like alarm clocks, school buses, surly teenagers, and sex sounds. Think of the ability to hear a sex scene played out, while READING it. ohmy.gif

I have to say I agree, that seems to be something like you would get from a book on cd/tape. I like silence when I read, the quieter the better, I think music emanating from the story or sound effects would just be jarring.

Well... there could be an option for turning the music off :) Personally I doubt I would ever be able to master how to do it even if was available and I would probably have the sound turned off at least most of the time but it's an interesting concept nevertheless :)