So I was rereading the log way when Aiden was telling Owen about his past relationships when he mentions this:

"The next one was Aaron. I met him at school too. But, he was so afraid of what his parents would think if he found out, that we were always sneaking around wherever we could. He ended up moving away a few months later and I never heard from him again. And then, there was Mike

I just finished re-reading The Lo/n/g Way last night and this is something I wondered about also. But I don't really remember any reference in Desert Dropping to Aaron and his family moving. Since there are no other obvious clues connecting these two stories, I will not be surprised to find that this was not an intentional connection. But, my mind certainly wants to make this a connection, so the name certainly jumped out at me when I re-read this after having subsequently read Desert Dropping.

Jay

I'm not sure where this was discussed 4 years or so ago, either in the Yahoo group or somewhere in the Domaholic's forum, but I think we all agreed that the Aaron mentioned as one of Aiden's former BFs wasn't Aaron Kessling from Desert Dropping.

The Lo(n)g Way town has winter & snow. Aiden in the high school years always lived in the same town that TLW was based in. When Owen first came to town, Tony mentioned that he & Chris were there for 3 years and that Aiden started hanging out with them right when they moved in. Aiden was 17yo when he met Owen, so that means at least from age 14-17, he was in the same town.

Aaron Kessling lives in the hot desert of Arizona. He also said he grew up there, not indicating that he moved away from Arizona.

So it doesn't appear that there was a chance that Aaron & Aiden were in the same town during the teen years.

Edited by NaperVic