Open Club  ·  282 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Chronicles of an Academic Predator -CH4 and 5 UP!

Did they actually mention Malibu High, or just "high school"? I don't think the school was mentioned specifically, just that it was a public school. It probably was Santa Monica High. If you're right and the story mentions a Malibu High in 1974, that kinda bums me out- we should've caught that one, Mark. I've failed you as a historical researcher. *cries* I don't want to live anymore! *runs for the nearest window to jump out of*

Okay, kidding. Coincidentally, Malibu High is the same age as my school- they were both founded in 1992. I wonder if there was some big increase in the teenage population there that it stopped making sense to just send the kids to Santa Monica. I'm assuming that's the reason why it took so long for Malibu to get a high school- because there were so few kids in that area, and because a lot of Malibu people would send their kids to school in Switzerland.

Edited by methodwriter85

Did they actually mention Malibu High, or just "high school"? I don't think the school was mentioned specifically, just that it was a public school. It probably was Santa Monica High. If you're right and the story mentions a Malibu High in 1974, that kinda bums me out- we should've caught that one, Mark. I've failed you as a historical researcher. *cries* I don't want to live anymore! *runs for the nearest window to jump out of*

Okay, kidding. Coincidentally, Malibu High is the same age as my school- they were both founded in 1992. I wonder if there was some big increase in the teenage population there that it stopped making sense to just send the kids to Santa Monica. I'm assuming that's the reason why it took so long for Malibu to get a high school- because there were so few kids in that area, and because a lot of Malibu people would send their kids to school in Switzerland.

This is the only thing I found that referred to Malibu:

Greg nodded.

We're just going to say it's Santa Monica High, which has a decent rep, right?

I don't think Mark has mentioned Malibu High until this story, and that's because of the storyline with Darius getting ready to graduate and JJ contemplating leaving school.

It should take a much bigger role when Mark eventually switches focus to Brad's kids in high school, like Gunn High did for Be Rad.

Edited by methodwriter85

Pretty complicated.... as to the schools, Malibu had a growing population of school aged children and the parents in Malibu who paid considerable property taxes to support the school district felt they needed a school in Malibu, especially as traffic got worse on PCH and made the drive to school 45 minutes or more.

A lot of the Malibu kids do go to private school, mostly local, but I know of kids that from the Colony that went to Phillips Exeter and Phillips Academy, Cate and Thatcher and a few to Switzerland or France.

The story said Scott "used the address so he could go to Malibu schools", but the only schools in Malibu were the junior high and elementary schools, not a high school.

Oh and if they lived "near LAX" he could go to El Segundo High or Westchester, which are both fine schools, but the other side of the 405 would be Lennox High, but Lennox High closed and the city has two charter highs now.

Edited by PrivateTim

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..