Anyone remember gargoyles?

W_L

My recent bout with Shakespearean re-interpretation came from the cartoon series that I just found again.

It's perhaps the only American cartoon, the only Disney made series, which has complex themes and intricate plots with a basis on Shakespearean material.

The character of MacBeth is perhaps my favorite anti-villain. He is closer to the historical MacBeth in his behavior as a noble king rather than a power hungry despot, but the background is from the play. He is a villain damned by his own immortality, which has stripped him of his human qualities.

Anyone remember the cartoon?

Here's the link to the series, I advise watching season 1 and 2, but not season 3, which sucks.

Gargoyles Series

• Site Administrator

I do remember it and also liked it specool.gif .

It was pretty dark themed if I recall, and unfortunately I think I only saw maybe two or three shows.

Thanks for bringing it up!!!

• Site Administrator

snickers, I watched that show too. Gotta say I loved the dog gargoyle. I always wondered why he was so animal-like when the other ones weren't though.

snickers, I watched that show too. Gotta say I loved the dog gargoyle. I always wondered why he was so animal-like when the other ones weren't though.

Oddly enough Bronx gets more screen time than most of the cast except Goliath and Elisa.

I'm watching their world tour right now in season 2, but the penultimate episodes are the season 2, 4 parter "city of stone" and 3 part "Avalon".

Yeah, I remember this. I just cant remember what any of it was about. I dont think I ever understood exactly what was going on, but I do remember liking the show.

Start from the pilot to the 2nd season finale. You will get why you liked it and why you might still like it.

My recent bout with Shakespearean re-interpretation came from the cartoon series that I just found again.

It's perhaps the only American cartoon, the only Disney made series, which has complex themes and intricate plots with a basis on Shakespearean material.

The character of MacBeth is perhaps my favorite anti-villain. He is closer to the historical MacBeth in his behavior as a noble king rather than a power hungry despot, but the background is from the play. He is a villain damned by his own immortality, which has stripped him of his human qualities.

Anyone remember the cartoon?

Here's the link to the series, I advise watching season 1 and 2, but not season 3, which sucks.

Gargoyles Series

Thank you SO much for posting this link, I loved this show as a kid. Watching this show is actually what got me interested in Shakespear, A Midsummer Nights Dream and Macbeth are my favorites lol.

Lol Bronx did rock, he had that bit lovable mutt quality to him. My favorites though were Lexington *the nerdy green one* and Hudson *the OLD one*

Lol Bronx did rock, he had that bit lovable mutt quality to him. My favorites though were Lexington *the nerdy green one* and Hudson *the OLD one*

You know Lexington is gay, he just doesn't know it :D

Based on Greg Weissman's material for Gargoyles, I wonder if he had a relationship with Alex Xanatos (David Xanatos' son) in the future.

Would you have believed that this made by Disney, knowing their current production lines?