Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation, Chapter 21, Interview

Fun, fun chapter, as have been the last several chapters with Trevor and Joel together.

Forget Lisa, I say. Although she is a sweetheart and a loyal and devoted friend.

I know Joel and Trevor will never happen but (sigh) they're so great together. :wub:

Goat cheese??? Yuk! Horrible stuff. Nothing personal, CJ. :P

Cheese can be constipating. Good thing Joel got all that beer. 0:)

I'm worried that Trevor could well fall in love with his best buddy. :(

Great writing, CJ. I've been to Italy, but mostly in the north - Milan. I did spend some time in Florence and Rome....where I od'd on art. :wacko: Easy to do, believe me.

So, to sum it all up, I have very mixed feelings about Trevor and Joel being together. I really can see them together. Joel seems so relaxed over it all. As Trevor pointed out, Joel has more (stereotypical) gay behaviours than Trevor does.

Well, I can still dream, I suppose. :boy:

From chapter 21:

Trevor and Joel walked to the end of the beach and looked up at the soaring cliffs looming ahead. Peering at the dizzying precipices that towered a thousand feet above, Trevor said,
  • Site Administrator

Great chapter CJ and thanks to both you and your team and to Shadowgod for posting worshippy.gif .

I'm beginning to feel that Bridget was the seller of the Ares to Rachael, maybe that is why she had the paperwork so handy. I also think that her husband was on the Ares as one of the lawyers, but she wasn't. The theory of Bridget being the Scar of Circumnavigation is holding some water. I am now beginning to believe Bridget has a lot to do with Rachael's death and the disappearance of Ares. Just how, I'm not sure.

One comment though about Joel and Trevor....how much can those two boys eat??? They basically bought two Zodiacs full of groceries in Gibraltar, and now they are shopping again in Capri? If CJ keeps them up with the current amount of food they are eating, my picture of two, hot young studs filling out their speedos in all the right places may soon be replaced with two over weight guys that are so big that their board shorts actually look like speedos on them. :o

Please CJ, stop their eating :P

I also agree with Mike, the quote seems to be leading up to a dizzying cliffhanger around the corner. With Shadowgod posting, I would figure CJ has something up his sleeve.

Legal question...How can a DA get an arrest warrant for Dirk without having a Grand Jury indict him, or even anything criminal being done as of yet? Or, has Dirk done something that we don't know yet?

I have to stop thinking about this, I am getting more and more questions and they all seem to lead to a dead end :(

• Site Moderator

IF, and I do mean IF there is a cliffhanger in the next two chapters, CJ's going to claim it's not his and it belongs to Shadowgod by default of posting the chapter.

Great chapter CJ and thanks to both you and your team and to Shadowgod for posting worshippy.gif .

I'm beginning to feel that Bridget was the seller of the Ares to Rachael, maybe that is why she had the paperwork so handy. I also think that her husband was on the Ares as one of the lawyers, but she wasn't. The theory of Bridget being the Scar of Circumnavigation is holding some water. I am now beginning to believe Bridget has a lot to do with Rachael's death and the disappearance of Ares. Just how, I'm not sure.

One comment though about Joel and Trevor....how much can those two boys eat??? They basically bought two Zodiacs full of groceries in Gibraltar, and now they are shopping again in Capri? If CJ keeps them up with the current amount of food they are eating, my picture of two, hot young studs filling out their speedos in all the right places may soon be replaced with two over weight guys that are so big that their board shorts actually look like speedos on them. :o

I also agree with Mike, the quote seems to be leading up to a dizzying cliffhanger around the corner. With Shadowgod posting, I would figure CJ has something up his sleeve.

Legal question...How can a DA get an arrest warrant for Dirk without having a Grand Jury indict him, or even anything criminal being done as of yet? Or, has Dirk done something that we don't know yet?

I have to stop thinking about this, I am getting more and more questions and they all seem to lead to a dead end :(

B)....................Great chapter!! Bridget's husband was most likely the seller of the Aires;

'Rachel had approached the owner, more out of curiosity than anything, and found that, due to half the proceeds being assigned to his soon-to-be ex wife, he claimed he would be happy to see the catamaran go for far less than her book value.'

0:)..........I wonder if when the goats away, do the shadows play? :devil: Could his Shadowyness have slipped in the references to the cliffs and the goat cheese?

With all that swimming I don't think Joel and Trevor face the danger of getting fat, and one of them is going to have to swim back for the Zodiac to load the groceries up. I think the person most in danger now is Lisa, because if the Bridget thinks the cops are not doing enough to her satisfaction, she may have an attempt on Lisa's life with suspicion pointing at Dirk.

• Site Administrator

"...soaring cliffs looming ahead" sounds like the description of a place where cliffhangers may lurk.

CJ left me some quotes to use if appropriate. Let's see if I can find one....

Aha! Here we go:

AAACK! :wacko: You know that a goat never has anything to do with cliffs. 0:) And I never use cliffhangers. :D
  • Site Administrator

Aha! Here we go:

Funny, I believe that even less now, than when he uses it himself lmaosmiley.gif

I figure Bridget knows more about what happened to the Ares and Rachel than she is letting on, but I don't feel that she is doing anything maliciously at this point. I say, "at this point," because we know nothing of her past and nothing of her present. For instance, we are lead to believe that her husband is dead. We can figure she harbors no malcontent for him since she frequently gazes at his portrait fondly. Whatever she is doing, she's doing it for him.

That leads me to believe that Rachel and Dirk got into some kind of trouble back in the day, and were receiving help from Mr. Bellevue. Whatever it was, it may have had something to do with the Ares and its original sale. I think the Ares itself is the root of the trouble for the Carlson family.

I have a theory, but it's still very far-fetched and it's too early to tell how true or untrue it may be. Questions that remain, followed by characters we know to exist who know or might know the answer:

What is the purpose for the divorce papers? People who know - Dirk, possibly Jim, possibly Bridget.

Who sold the Ares? Dirk, possibly Jim, possibly Bridget, Officer Gonzalez.

Whose boat was docked behind Bridget's house when Gonzalez interviewed her? Bridget.

Why is that part of Bimini so dangerous to Trevor? Dirk, Jim, possibly Bridget.

Who is the third supposedly murdered person? Dirk, possibly Jim, possibly Bridget, Florida police.

Why is Jim taking the time to find Trevor himself and what is it that he is fixing? Jim.

There are more, but I gotta run. Still, we can see a pattern here. Dirk knows about everything, and it's possible that Jim and Bridget know as well. Thing is, Dirk and Bridget are working alone.

One major clue is the police insisting that three murders have occurred. We already know that the murder of Trevor Carlson is false, and Rachel is among the three. Who is to say she is really dead? Who is the third? Mr. Bellevue? Is he really dead? If we are to learn anything from LTMP and CL, it's that just because someone is stated to be dead in one of CJs stories, it doesn't mean the person actually is dead. We only know the person is dead if there is a body (unequivocally confirmed to be the person) or we are inside the person's head as they die, as CJ demonstrated with many of the Scar's victims.

I figure Bridget knows more about what happened to the Ares and Rachel than she is letting on, but I don't feel that she is doing anything maliciously at this point. I say, "at this point," because we know nothing of her past and nothing of her present. For instance, we are lead to believe that her husband is dead. We can figure she harbors no malcontent for him since she frequently gazes at his portrait fondly. Whatever she is doing, she's doing it for him.

He is dead, she didn't gaze fondly at him just looked at his portrait wishing she had his skills in the matters, her daughter is dead also. It is weird that the goat referred to Bridget's husband as late and the daughter as dead.

That leads me to believe that Rachel and Dirk got into some kind of trouble back in the day, and were receiving help from Mr. Bellevue. Whatever it was, it may have had something to do with the Ares and its original sale. I think the Ares itself is the root of the trouble for the Carlson family.

The Aries was sold by a husband, soon to be divorced, and he undercut the selling price because half the proceeds were going to the soon to be ex.

What is the purpose for the divorce papers? 0:)Which ones?

Who sold the Ares? Some man in the middle of a divorce, long before Dirk & Rachel's divorce papers were drawn up

Whose boat was docked behind Bridget's house when Gonzalez interviewed her? Good question, wasn't noticed when Trevor docked there.

Why is that part of Bimini so dangerous to Trevor? Could just be Dirk's gut-churning thought of the seas.

Who is the third supposedly murdered person? The police suspect Trevor's demise, but could Bridget's daughter be the third?

Why is Jim taking the time to find Trevor himself and what is it that he is fixing? I think Jim thinks if he can prove that Trevor is alive and well the cop's would back off on Dirk.

I have a theory, but it's still very far-fetched and it's too early to tell how true or untrue it may be. Questions that remain, followed by characters we know to exist who know or might know the answer:

What is the purpose for the divorce papers? People who know - Dirk, possibly Jim, possibly Bridget.

Whose boat was docked behind Bridget's house when Gonzalez interviewed her? Bridget.

Who is the third supposedly murdered person? Dirk, possibly Jim, possibly Bridget, Florida police.

Why is Jim taking the time to find Trevor himself and what is it that he is fixing? Jim.

There are more, but I gotta run. Still, we can see a pattern here. Dirk knows about everything, and it's possible that Jim and Bridget know as well. Thing is, Dirk and Bridget are working alone.

One major clue is the police insisting that three murders have occurred. We already know that the murder of Trevor Carlson is false, and Rachel is among the three. Who is to say she is really dead? Who is the third? Mr. Bellevue? Is he really dead? If we are to learn anything from LTMP and CL, it's that just because someone is stated to be dead in one of CJs stories, it doesn't mean the person actually is dead. We only know the person is dead if there is a body (unequivocally confirmed to be the person) or we are inside the person's head as they die, as CJ demonstrated with many of the Scar's victims.

Begin suppositions:

What is the purpose for the divorce papers? The divorce papers were filed, it was said they were stamped...the whole thing was halted when Rachel and the Ares turned up missing.

Who sold the Ares? To Whom?? To Rachel? From Rachel to someone else?

Whose boat was docked behind Bridget's house when Gonzalez interview her? Good question, I may not have paid attention right there...there was a boat, but it was never mentioned in the conversation in the house--she could be renting her dock-space.

Why is that part of Bimini so dangerous to Trevor? As was presented in the first few chapters...rogue seas occaisionally, ships with auto-pilot and no supervision, pirates (the impoverished will capitalize on anything if they think they have a chance of keeping their gain).

Who is the third supposedly murdered person? Bridget's' daughter? I would take a shot in the dark and guess that her husband was suitably old enough to die of something dignified such as a heart attack or, GFB, cancer.

Why is Jim (Dirk's Attorney and friend) trying to find Trevor himself and what is it that he's supposed to be fixing? To let Trevor know that Dirk wasn't responsible for his wife's death, she died in an accident, missing during heavy seas. She had taken Bridget's daughter on that trip, but Dirk didn't initially know, so the '3rd' murder (actually 2nd) was actually of Bridget's daughter by Rachel for fooling around with Dirk.

End suppositions.

He is dead, she didn't gaze fondly at him just looked at his portrait wishing she had his skills in the matters, her daughter is dead also. It is weird that the goat referred to Bridget's husband as late and the daughter as dead.

Pay attention to CJ's wording. Maybe we can assume he is dead, and not through foul play. Who is Bridget's daughter? I forgot about her. Maybe she is the third murder that we have yet to learn more about.

The Aries was sold by a husband, soon to be divorced, and he undercut the selling price because half the proceeds were going to the soon to be ex.[/quote

Yes, that much we know. What we don't know is the circumstances for why he wanted to do this. Even better, we don't know who he is, or who his wife is. I wonder if they have something to do with Rachel and Ares disappearing.

0:) Which ones? -> The ones that pissed Trevor and Dirk off? I'm wondering what happened that made Dirk and Rachel want to split up, and if it was connected to Ares.

Who sold the Ares? Some man in the middle of a divorce, long before Dirk & Rachel's divorce papers were drawn up -> I know. I was asking who, as in a name. Something CJ chose not disclose. I wonder why, and if it might play into the plot at some point.

Whose boat was docked behind Bridget's house when Gonzalez interviewed her? Good question, wasn't noticed when Trevor docked there. -> This is very significant to me. I don't recall CJ mentioning her renting her dock out, so it had to be a visitor.

Why is that part of Bimini so dangerous to Trevor? Could just be Dirk's gut-churning thought of the seas. Doubt it. He got angry when Trevor went to Bimini, but not when Trevor sailed across the Atlantic. He was only worried for Trevor's well being. Yes, I do still think he has good paternal instincts, he just sucks very badly at their execution in order to protect his son from an as yet unknown peril.

Who is the third supposedly murdered person? The police suspect Trevor's demise, but could Bridget's daughter be the third? -> This is possible. I totally forgot about her daughter. Of course, it still be someone who we have not learned about.

Why is Jim taking the time to find Trevor himself and what is it that he is fixing? I think Jim thinks if he can prove that Trevor is alive and well the cop's would back off on Dirk. -> That's plausible, but then I would think he'd have simply hired an Italian Private Investigator and faxed the images of Trevor and Atlantis over. Then let them handle it while he helps Dirk weather the storm in Florida. No, I think he's after something more important, and it requires him to do it in person.

Begin suppositions:

What is the purpose for the divorce papers? The divorce papers were filed, it was said they were stamped...the whole thing was halted when Rachel and the Ares turned up missing.

Who sold the Ares? To Whom?? To Rachel? From Rachel to someone else? No, who sold Ares to Rachel. I wonder if he is important to its disappearance.

Whose boat was docked behind Bridget's house when Gonzalez interview her? Good question, I may not have paid attention right there...there was a boat, but it was never mentioned in the conversation in the house--she could be renting her dock-space. If she was, then it might have been mentioned before Trevor went there.

Why is that part of Bimini so dangerous to Trevor? As was presented in the first few chapters...rogue seas occaisionally, ships with auto-pilot and no supervision, pirates (the impoverished will capitalize on anything if they think they have a chance of keeping their gain).I don't believe any of that. If that was the case, then the entire group of islands would have Dirk on pins and needles. No, Dirk is specifically scared of Trevor being in that particular section water off of Bimini.

Who is the third supposedly murdered person? Bridget's' daughter? I would take a shot in the dark and guess that her husband was suitably old enough to die of something dignified such as a heart attack or, GFB, cancer. True, I forgot about the daughter. Maybe we'll learn more about her in future scenes with Bridget.

Why is Jim (Dirk's Attorney and friend) trying to find Trevor himself and what is it that he's supposed to be fixing? To let Trevor know that Dirk wasn't responsible for his wife's death, she died in an accident, missing during heavy seas. She had taken Bridget's daughter on that trip, but Dirk didn't initially know, so the '3rd' murder (actually 2nd) was actually of Bridget's daughter by Rachel for fooling around with Dirk. Plausible, and would give Rachel a reason to do something like send a fake transmission to the Coast Guard and high-tail it for Australia. The hole in that theory it's too tame for CJ. As for Jim going to the trouble of flying to Italy without Dirk's knowledge and hunting for Atlantic (and Trevor) just to relay that information... I doubt it. He doesn't seem like that kind of person. If he was, why would he hide that from Dirk? Dirk thinks Jim is in Cocoa Beach, not Italy.

End suppositions.

Pay attention to CJ's wording. Maybe we can assume he is dead, and not through foul play. Who is Bridget's daughter? I forgot about her. Maybe she is the third murder that we have yet to learn more about.

Could be, but why does the sale of the Ares tie both case's together for the detective? He had questioned Bridget before about an unsolved murder, before Trevor came into the picture. Bridget had commented that Lisa bore a slight resemblance to her dead daughter, could it be that Bridgett's daughters death was accidental? Was this a leading factor in their divorce or perhaps there was more. I still think it was Bridget's husband Arnold who sold the Ares to Dirk and Rachel and the detective is investigating both Rachele's and Arnolds deaths. Bridget is indeed trying to mislead the police and Lisa with her chosen words if one were to re-read chapter 17, @ 3/4 down, Bridget alluded to the attempt on Trevor's life, knowing full well there was none to the detective.

Why is Jim taking the time to find Trevor himself and what is it that he is fixing? I think Jim thinks if he can prove that Trevor is alive and well the cop's would back off on Dirk. -> That's plausible, but then I would think he'd have simply hired an Italian Private Investigator and faxed the images of Trevor and Atlantis over. Then let them handle it while he helps Dirk weather the storm in Florida. No, I think he's after something more important, and it requires him to do it in person.

• Site Administrator

No Chapter 22 this week?

I though there where arrangements?

Pre-arranged cliffhanger... the next chapter is slightly delayed :P I'm sure it'll be posted sometime soon, but we have to wait until Shadowgod is able to get online to do so.

• Site Administrator

I'd say blame Shadowgod but that would be totally wrong.

We need to plan a goat roast for CJ leaving in the first place :P

I'd say blame Shadowgod but that would be totally wrong.

We need to plan a goat roast for CJ leaving in the first place :P

B)............ :angry: ........ I blame his Shadowyness, he has run amok in the cliffs!

• 2 weeks later...

First, let me address one issue; death. :ph34r:

If a character is said to be dead in the narration, you can be certain they are dead. If a character is said to be dead in dialog, they may, or may not, be dead. (Characters, unlike the narrator, can lie or be wrong).

For The Scar, he was NEVER said to be dead in the narration of LTMP. Only the characters thought he was dead. All the narration said was that Vladimir's bomb had exacted a measure of revenge. (measure being the operative term in this case). It maimed him, but did not kill him. :)

The flip side of this is also important to remember; if the narration does not say a character is dead, they MIGHT be dead. Not saying it is no proof, either way. :)

Fun, fun chapter, as have been the last several chapters with Trevor and Joel together.

Forget Lisa, I say. Although she is a sweetheart and a loyal and devoted friend.

I know Joel and Trevor will never happen but (sigh) they're so great together. :wub:

Goat cheese??? Yuk! Horrible stuff. Nothing personal, CJ. :P

Cheese can be constipating. Good thing Joel got all that beer. 0:)

I'm worried that Trevor could well fall in love with his best buddy. :(

Great writing, CJ. I've been to Italy, but mostly in the north - Milan. I did spend some time in Florence and Rome....where I od'd on art. :wacko: Easy to do, believe me.

So, to sum it all up, I have very mixed feelings about Trevor and Joel being together. I really can see them together. Joel seems so relaxed over it all. As Trevor pointed out, Joel has more (stereotypical) gay behaviours than Trevor does.

Well, I can still dream, I suppose. :boy:

Well, it's normal for us goats to have mixed feelings about goat cheese. I mean.. you don't see people eating people cheese, now do ya? :wacko:

Italy is a great place and I love it... My favorites are the hill towns; walled cities built on hilltops and ridgelines. Some are really eyepoppers; cities built amidst almost vertical terrain.

5557687.jpg

So far, Tuscany is my favorite area.

From chapter 21:

"...soaring cliffs looming ahead" sounds like the description of a place where cliffhangers may lurk.

Capri is a great place to visit. I wonder if Jim will catch up to Trevor and Joel there.

Soaring cliffs looming ahead?!?!?! Uhoh, what has Shadowgod done? Is he forshadowing a cliffhanger he's added?

In Florida, like most anywhere, they can pick you up and haul you in for 72 hours without a formal charge. :)

And LOL, yep, they eat a lot, but active guys that age can usually get away with it.

And yep, I can confirm that Bridget (or her late husband, to be precise) was the seller of Ares to Dirk and Rachel, and that's why she had the paperwork. It's mentioned in passing in the prologue, but the seller isn't mentioned by name.

:P

IF, and I do mean IF there is a cliffhanger in the next two chapters, CJ's going to claim it's not his and it belongs to Shadowgod by default of posting the chapter.

Jan! Would I do such a thing as that? 0:)

BTW, on an entirely unrelated issue; did you ever get a ruling on that eligability for King of Cliffhangers Award question I submitted; whether the rules, as written, specify that the author must have POSTED the cliffhanger that year in order to be eligible?

Great chapter!! Bridget's husband was most likely the seller of the Aires;

'Rachel had approached the owner, more out of curiosity than anything, and found that, due to half the proceeds being assigned to his soon-to-be ex wife, he claimed he would be happy to see the catamaran go for far less than her book value.'

I wonder if when the goats away, do the shadows play? :devil: Could his Shadowyness have slipped in the references to the cliffs and the goat cheese?

With all that swimming I don't think Joel and Trevor face the danger of getting fat, and one of them is going to have to swim back for the Zodiac to load the groceries up. I think the person most in danger now is Lisa, because if the Bridget thinks the cops are not doing enough to her satisfaction, she may have an attempt on Lisa's life with suspicion pointing at Dirk.

Aha! Here we go:

AAACK! :wacko: You know that a goat never has anything to do with cliffs. 0:) And I never use cliffhangers.

Very appropriate! And so very true! :ph34r:

The murders the police were referring to were cases they believe to be murder. Trevor was the possible third, so unless he's dead, they are looking at two.

Begin suppositions:

Who sold the Ares? To Whom?? To Rachel? From Rachel to someone else?

Whose boat was docked behind Bridget's house when Gonzalez interview her? Good question, I may not have paid attention right there...there was a boat, but it was never mentioned in the conversation in the house--she could be renting her dock-space.

Why is that part of Bimini so dangerous to Trevor? As was presented in the first few chapters...rogue seas occaisionally, ships with auto-pilot and no supervision, pirates (the impoverished will capitalize on anything if they think they have a chance of keeping their gain).

Who is the third supposedly murdered person? Bridget's' daughter? I would take a shot in the dark and guess that her husband was suitably old enough to die of something dignified such as a heart attack or, GFB, cancer.

Why is Jim (Dirk's Attorney and friend) trying to find Trevor himself and what is it that he's supposed to be fixing? To let Trevor know that Dirk wasn't responsible for his wife's death, she died in an accident, missing during heavy seas. She had taken Bridget's daughter on that trip, but Dirk didn't initially know, so the '3rd' murder (actually 2nd) was actually of Bridget's daughter by Rachel for fooling around with Dirk.

End suppositions.

Great suppositions! I'm prohibited from commenting on them directly (that would be a spoiler) but I love them!

I blame his Shadowyness, he has run amok in the cliffs!

Shadowyness is at home in the cliffs. :)

all cliffhangers remain the sole responsibility of the author...

Shadowynes! I noticed the disclaimer in the announcement! For shame!

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..