Open Club  ·  282 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Cap or Bridgemont?

For fun? :P  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which one right now is your favourite?

• Bridgemont- HMS Belvidera
    • Chonicals of an Academic Preditor- The Box
    • Neither i like Mark's Short stories the best
  2. 2. Which one is your Overall Favourite

• Bridgemont
    • Chronicals of an Academic Preditor
    • 50% to each
    • Mark's Short Stories

Which do you like the best? Personal i'm a fan moreso of HMS at the moment and as an overall, i'd say CAP still hold my alegence as it is longer, and has some wild characters.

tongue.gif

Mark M~

Edited by Mark M

Well, that was a hard choice, but I had to make it. I chose HMS Belvidera as the one I like best right now. I put 50/50 for the second question.

Edited by Tiger

I'm struggling a little bit with "the box" because I just don't see a "direction" to the story from the modern perspective, though the diary flashbacks are fascinating. I wish the main characters would be more forgiving of Churchill and the British, but that's just my nationalistic pride tongue.gif No doubt all will become clear in time.

It's no secret that I love the Bridgemont series, and in particular HMS Belvidera. I particularly like the portrayal of Lord Jervis - I have a particular affection for the memory of the real-life admiral, and so to read work that honours that memory is particularly pleasing.

If we're talking all time favorites though, it's got to be bloodlines. I genuinely fell in love with the character of Matt, and that first scene with him and Cam Heely... I couldn't get it out of my mind for weeks.

West

Okay, so usually I know if a story is gonna 'click' within the first few paragraphs, I'll normally go a couple of chapters, but I could never get into the other story like I have CAP. I suppose, from what I've seen, I must be missing something, so maybe I'll try it again. :P

I'm struggling a little bit with "the box" because I just don't see a "direction" to the story from the modern perspective, though the diary flashbacks are fascinating. I wish the main characters would be more forgiving of Churchill and the British, but that's just my nationalistic pride tongue.gif No doubt all will become clear in time.

It's no secret that I love the Bridgemont series, and in particular HMS Belvidera. I particularly like the portrayal of Lord Jervis - I have a particular affection for the memory of the real-life admiral, and so to read work that honours that memory is particularly pleasing.

If we're talking all time favorites though, it's got to be bloodlines. I genuinely fell in love with the character of Matt, and that first scene with him and Cam Heely... I couldn't get it out of my mind for weeks.

West

Couple of things:

1. I have a great deal of respect for Churchill personally, but I do think that young guys at that point in time would be pissed and looking for someone to blame. Those early years were a tough go for you guys, and for us as well.

2. Jervis is a fascinating guy. I think what makes him so interesting is that there was much to like and dislike about him: he was a very genuine man. The way he knew just how to handle and motivate Nelson was truly masterful.

2. Jervis is a fascinating guy. I think what makes him so interesting is that there was much to like and dislike about him: he was a very genuine man. The way he knew just how to handle and motivate Nelson was truly masterful.

I agree - what strikes me most is that he was unscrupulously honest - a trait that resulted in him stepping down as first lord later on. His victories in the mediterranean are the stuff of legend - plenty of scope to for Heroics on the part of George Granger. I really look forward to where you can take the bridgemont stories now - and John Jervis is a perfect historical vehicle to help with the action.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..