Open Club  ·  280 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Cap Body Count

By the time we get done having Mark define the rules for counting, we run the risk of rivaling the IRS tax code...

• Like 1

If that's the case:

bloodlines body count --> zero

Paternity --> zero

I'm tempted not to count any of the deaths in The Box, because it's a prequel, which would also make that zero.

But yeah, this is all a moot point until Mark outlines a list of what he's considering the "official death" count.

• Like 1

I'm tempted not to count any of the deaths in The Box, because it's a prequel, which would also make that zero.

Technically, The Box is a book within a book. If one of the "present day" (1999) characters had died in the context of finding or reading Stephen's diary, that would have counted. Fortunately, diary reading isn't typically a hazardous activity, although one never knows with CAP. ;)

Edited by impunity

Technically, The Box is a book within a book. If one of the "present day" (1999) characters had died in the context of finding or reading Stephen's diary, that would have counted. Fortunately, diary reading isn't typically a hazardous activity, although one never knows with CAP. ;)

I don't think anybody died in Flux, either, except for Aaron, who died of natural old age. (That was the story his death was announced in, right?)

Is Jim Crampton still kicking around? He should be in his late 70's by 2003. I wonder if Mark ever plans on having JJ deal with his paternity, or if it's just going to remain a (barely) kept family secret that no one really talks about. We know he was alive at least up to 2000.

Edited by methodwriter85

I don't think anybody died in Flux, either, except for Aaron, who died of natural old age. (That was the story his death was announced in, right?)

Is Jim Crampton still kicking around? He should be in his late 70's by 2003. I wonder if Mark ever plans on having JJ deal with his paternity, or if it's just going to remain a (barely) kept family secret that no one really talks about. We know he was alive at least up to 2000.

Honestly, I have a hard time remembering what happened in which book. I'm going to be useless at this exercise unless I reread the books and count deaths in real time. :*)

Okay: here's some perimeters -->

1) they have a name and was mentioned at least once by the POV of the narrators.

2) they had to have sex with a character IN the story (Matt Shepard counts then)

:huh: uhm do you mean perimeters as in borders we have to stay within, or did you mean to say parameters which define the search?

I think we should only count characters Mark has created.

If there are enought of us, we could do a book each.

• Like 2

:huh: uhm do you mean perimeters as in borders we have to stay within, or did you mean to say parameters which define the search?

I think we should only count characters Mark has created.

If there are enought of us, we could do a book each.

Parameters which definite the search.

I'm with you that it should stick to characters that Mark created, not real people who's deaths Mark incorporated into the story like Matthew Shepherd.

• Like 2

If it Fits: one

Bloodlines: zero

Poor man's son: zero

Paternity: one ( JJ's coach )

Millennium: two (Brian and Carson)

9/11: Seven

Flux: zero

Streak: zero

Black Widow: Forty two.

(Edit)

Edited by mmike1969
  • Like 3

Actually, does it have to be a character Mark killed off? For example, Matthew Shepherd was a real person whose death Mark incorporated into the story, but Mark (as the author) didn't determine that he would die.

Neither.  I didn't really kill them off.  They were real people who died.  I can't kill off real people.  :devil:

But yeah, this is all a moot point until Mark outlines a list of what he's considering the "official death" count.

Characters in the Box that are fictional...their death's count. 

• Like 1

Characters in the Box that are fictional...their death's count. 

their death's what ? :huh:  their death's occurrence? their death's tragedy? or the count of their death?

Or simply their deaths count ? :rofl:

Well, I guess we have our parameters, let's count dead bodies. :thumbdown:

• Like 3

their death's what ?  :huh:  their death's occurrence? their death's tragedy? or the count of their death?

I'm going to out-pedant you and point out that it should probably be "their deaths' what?". :P

• Like 2

It looks like we pretty much have this tallied up for prior stories.

The death toll in Black Widow will be 5.

My bets:

1) JP or Stef (heart attack)

2) Elizabeth Danfield or Alexandra Carmichael. ("Accidental/ suicide")

3) Buzz Dalby (Crampton/Schulter arraigned "accident")

4) JJ or Mary Ellen. (Because F them, that's why.)

5) Tony (car ramming an oncoming train followed by a 747 failling from the sky after being hit by a meteor.)

Honorable mentions for the NEXT book: Kevin, Cody AND Alex Danvers. (Because having 10 deaths in a book is a bit over the top. :P)

Edited by mmike1969
  • Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..