[Adam Phillips] A word in praise of my techperson

Steph is the lady responsible for designing the look of my Gay Authors pages...don't you think she did a great job? I gave her all kinds of picky-but-way-too-general thoughts during the design process, and she turned it into this place. I think it's awesome. I love the look. It's exactly the kind of look I was hoping for, right down to the banner on the Authors page.

There's something else though:

I can't stand to see typos on a page. And invariably it seems as though, in this new version of Crosscurrents, every chapter I've sent in has some, and every week I've had to contact her and say, "Uhh...Steph...Uhh, I have a typo in the chapter at..." Then I do the cyber-equivalent of hanging my head and shuffling my feet and saying, "Uhh...when you have time, could you fix it?"

And she's always on it right away, and doesn't even slap my hand! She's even caught some on her own and made the corrections herself.

I'm going to try to show my gratitude by re-assembling my Crosscurrents proofreading team that I had when I first wrote (it's the small changes I'm making that are introducing the typos) so that she doesn't have to do this any more. But in the meantime I just had to say "out loud" here how much I appreciate her work on my pages and her patience with my clumsy keyboard-fingers.