How hot is it?

In Central Florida USA

Its hot like a steam bath or a sauna ... its 94 Degrees at 51% Humidity

The AC been working steadily to keep it normal.

But of course it doesn't do my lower back any better to feel cold air.

How are surviving?

Stormy this morning in Paris, and quite a bit of heavy rain for 20 minutes. Then the rest of the day was cloudy but it got better towards sunset.

Hope the night will bring you some cold air, and that you'll feel better.

It's currently 107.8F here, 42.1C.

It's hot.

I'm surviving by not leaving my room.

XD

Weird... It says 29C/85F on Weather.com

After days of temps in the high 20s and low 30s, it finally went down to just 18 (65F). MUCH MUCH MUCH better. I hate the heat/humidty with passion.

Edited by Jack Frost

Weird... It says 29C/85F on Weather.com

After days of temps in the high 20s and low 30s, it finally went down to just 18 (65F). MUCH MUCH MUCH better. I hate the heat/humidty with passion.

It says 105F on weather.com blink.gif

It's 101 F today, and it's going to be 107 F tomorrow. God I hate AZ during the summer.

You're in Arizona too?????!?!?! :o !!!!!

Sowwwwyyyy I read "Altantis" as "Altanta". :$

Haha, yeah I'm in Arizona; Atlantis is where my head lives. :P

Unfortunately. I'm stuck here during the summer. thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif It's going to get worse when it tops 110F. You have to wake up extra early to do anything before the sun gets up.

cool.gif.........It is cooling down here after hitting @ 109 a couple days ago, only 102 now!! cap.gif

• Site Administrator

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that outside of the US, nobody uses the Fahrenheit scale. Most of us use the Celsius scale for temperature. If someone says it is going to be 65 out, the best I can do is say it isn't cold, it isn't hot.

Since the forum is entitled How Hot Is It

Around the World, I thought I'd put this in so we can all relate to what each others are saying

:)

conversion1.JPG

Currently hear it is cloudy and about 18, with rain expected up to Sunday :(

Edited by wildone
  • Like 1

And I thought it was hot here.

38C / 100.4F

The whole city's suffering from a fever.

YOu have to consider humidity as a factor.

Some places is like 4% and other can be like 55%

Don't forget to quote the humidity factor

96 deg 55% humid could be something like like 120 degrees at 2% humdity

which says if you got 105 degrees at 2% humidity - thats a lot better than 96% at 55% humidity.

Dry heat is preferable to humid heat

Don't forget to quote the humidity factor

96 deg 55% humid could be something like like 120 degrees at 2% humdity

which says if you got 105 degrees at 2% humidity - thats a lot better than 96% at 55% humidity.

Dry heat is preferable to humid heat

umm, I don't think they can be compared -- at all. They are two completely different experiences. And to call dry heat more preferable makes me assume you've never been in dry heart past 110 where when you breathe(at at least this is what it feels to me) it feels like there is no oxygen going into your lungs.

BUT: I've lived in Arizona all my life; I can't speak for humidity, but I sure as hell can speak for dry heat.

Also: One of the major downfalls of dry heat isn't the temperature, per say. It's the wind. Dry 110(+) degree weather + Wind == Kill me now.

umm, I don't think they can be compared -- at all. They are two completely different experiences. And to call dry heat more preferable makes me assume you've never been in dry heart past 110 where when you breathe(at at least this is what it feels to me) it feels like there is no oxygen going into your lungs.

BUT: I've lived in Arizona all my life; I can't speak for humidity, but I sure as hell can speak for dry heat.

the hotest i been in nyc was 116 degrees

but still anything very hot and your body can not take it - run the risk of heat exhaustian

• 4 weeks later...

I remember seeing a cartoon years ago, perhaps in The New Yorker.

Two men are very obviously in Hell (flames, demons, etc.). One says to the other, "But it's a dry heat."