Open Club  ·  282 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

About Brad.....

You were right, some interesting twists. At one time in my sordid past, like Father Tim, I to 'Mastered Divinity' (oy, in the same time, I could have been a Dentist!) and after about 7 years in Pastoral Ministry as a conservative Baptist, accepted that I wasn't really either conservative or a Baptist, so the review of theological arguements/discussions is always fascinating. As you warned, there can be sympathetic religious in both writing and real life. The points you made regarding Tim needing a spriritual bond with a life-partner was to me quite authentic, still it is nice to see him having some carnal fun! I could see Tim fitting nicely into being a Unitarian Universalist like I am now!

Timing is everything and there was a nice confluence in Hawaii. Another very authentic point was Brad's questions about his own desires regarding his relationship and whether his love would be better served keeping Robbie at more arm's length. Safer for sure, but does he really want what he claimed to Steph regarding someone hard to manage? My own personal projections would make it hard for me to accept (a) Robbie back because of the repeated dashing of respect and trust (especiallythe respect). There are those who accept people back and Brad may prove to be such a person, but I believe he deserves better than to settle for such treatment. Still, his need to have this tension/potential disruption may be his adrenalin rush. Will be fascinating to see how you develop the emotional story line as well as the actions and activities.

Thanks again for sharing your writing gift.

gj

I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter. Robbie excites Brad: that's worth something, no?

Lol, well there is that....and that is a good thing. The problem as I see it is that you have created a quality character in Brad who is excited by many, but deserves, in my opinion, quality...something I don't see Robbie providing. Robbie may be a nice guy and exciting, but he seems to serve discounted relationships. Brad deserves Nordstroms, not Nordstroms Rack!

I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter. Robbie excites Brad: that's worth something, no?

You are quite generous with your writing but also with your willingness to interact with your readers. Again, thank you.

The authenticity I feel about the feelings and actions in your writing are particularly true for me in Millennium. As noted, there are many emotions and decisions I am making personally that have some similarities with Brad and Robbie. Though I wish it were, 'Now should I buy a French or American Private Jet', but they are the more difficult choices regarding relationships. As we have discussed in our interactions and you portray in your writings, emotions and plans often seem to be working on cross-purposes and create un-anticipated results. The scene with Robbie and Brad in Hawaii was, of course, hot! But in writing that was less authentic, they would have continued to 'JP' themselves to happy oblivion...the fact that sex did not resolve everything was realistic. Having wild sex was realistic, but helped point out the challenges how to continue his relationship. Being ripped apart as he was, it will take quite a while to heal. The scars are permanent, but you have created a strong character that will survive and somehow thrive. Robbie is suffering, but he continues to be self-absorbed and it will take a lot to get him to realize the damage he has done. Maybe....he needs to end up with Father Tim and have an epiphany about the true value of life's relationships!

Looking forward to seeing how Thanksgiving is celebrated and what evolves in the planning for Dec 3rd!

Thanks again for letting us enjoy the work and then muse/ramble about our impressions and feelings!

It is fascinating how you continue to juxtapose Brad's pain of betrayal with his loyalty (and good old fashioned lust) for Robbie in a painfully believable fashion. While you are setting up a believable option for their eventual reconciliation, you also leave enough room for Robbie to hang himself with his own insecurities and selfishness; or, for Brad to come to the realiztion that he has the option to find a satisfying relationship without such drama. Their interplay and emotional struggle is compelling. Thanks for continuing to explore this type of relational struggle....

gj

It is fascinating how you continue to juxtapose Brad's pain of betrayal with his loyalty (and good old fashioned lust) for Robbie in a painfully believable fashion. While you are setting up a believable option for their eventual reconciliation, you also leave enough room for Robbie to hang himself with his own insecurities and selfishness; or, for Brad to come to the realiztion that he has the option to find a satisfying relationship without such drama. Their interplay and emotional struggle is compelling. Thanks for continuing to explore this type of relational struggle....

gj

I'm glad you're enjoying it. Thanks for your comments!

I actually labored with the plotlines on this story. I could have had them resolve this matter, one way or another, and get on with it. But as you're probably experiencing in your life, it doesn't always work out that way. Sometimes things are drawn out and complicated.

I think it's interesting to contemplate how many relationships must fail because people heal at different rates.

I'm glad you're enjoying it. Thanks for your comments!

I actually labored with the plotlines on this story. I could have had them resolve this matter, one way or another, and get on with it. But as you're probably experiencing in your life, it doesn't always work out that way. Sometimes things are drawn out and complicated.

I think it's interesting to contemplate how many relationships must fail because people heal at different rates.

The complexities of the plotlines and their intermingling from story to story is most enjoyable. What struck me particularily regarding your statement about being able to resolve their (Robbie & Brad's) matter and moving on is a renewed appreciation on perspective. I realized I had focused on the Robbie/Brad issue as the core of the story (personal projections!) but the story is richer and could have this issue resolved and remain enjoyable. I had to smile at myself for becoming so focused on that aspect that I did not always appreciate other aspects to their fullest. There is something....delicious about Brad's desire for revenge and something innocently powerful in Drew's recogintion/appreciation for Brad's involvement/salvation of/in Drew's life. There is an aspect of salvation for Brad as well. This is a rather nice good/evil balance that is as powerful as the Robbie/Brad saga!

An interesting underlying issue is Jeanine. Does Brad have good legal protection in place for their relationship and its financial boundaries for by the time all the kids are out of the house, it feels like their is going to be some kind of challenge. It would be very messy if she were involved in the current conflagration and doubtful it would be to her advantage.

You also leave an intriguing opening with Cody. Could he be the 'Perfect Partner' for Brad? With Cody, Brad would get great sex (though a lot more bottoming that he does not seem to mind), someone who cares about Brad as a person, and gives Brad the freedom to be with others. But is that really what would provide Brad the emotional stability he will need as he takes on more and more of the duties as heir apparent to JP in this and what I trust are coming stories! Brad does not have in Jeanine what JP has in his partner. Alas, so many things to enjoy as they unfold.

Thanks again for churning out quality and multilayered work rapidly!

gj

• Like 1

The complexities of the plotlines and their intermingling from story to story is most enjoyable. What struck me particularily regarding your statement about being able to resolve their (Robbie & Brad's) matter and moving on is a renewed appreciation on perspective. I realized I had focused on the Robbie/Brad issue as the core of the story (personal projections!) but the story is richer and could have this issue resolved and remain enjoyable. I had to smile at myself for becoming so focused on that aspect that I did not always appreciate other aspects to their fullest. There is something....delicious about Brad's desire for revenge and something innocently powerful in Drew's recogintion/appreciation for Brad's involvement/salvation of/in Drew's life. There is an aspect of salvation for Brad as well. This is a rather nice good/evil balance that is as powerful as the Robbie/Brad saga!

An interesting underlying issue is Jeanine. Does Brad have good legal protection in place for their relationship and its financial boundaries for by the time all the kids are out of the house, it feels like their is going to be some kind of challenge. It would be very messy if she were involved in the current conflagration and doubtful it would be to her advantage.

You also leave an intriguing opening with Cody. Could he be the 'Perfect Partner' for Brad? With Cody, Brad would get great sex (though a lot more bottoming that he does not seem to mind), someone who cares about Brad as a person, and gives Brad the freedom to be with others. But is that really what would provide Brad the emotional stability he will need as he takes on more and more of the duties as heir apparent to JP in this and what I trust are coming stories! Brad does not have in Jeanine what JP has in his partner. Alas, so many things to enjoy as they unfold.

Thanks again for churning out quality and multilayered work rapidly!

gj

What a great synopsis of possibilities!

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..