Open Club  ·  282 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

About Brad.....

Regarding taking my 'Virgin Post'....well, I woke up with a smile on my face and I feel respected, so I suppose it was good for me! Thanks for being gentle!! :worship:

For me, in both the reading and the writing, there is an almost sacred element in what is shared and understood. This story resonates with me on several levels. One that struck me this morning is that during the time-frame of this story, I was working in California in the High-Tech Industry and the entire sector disappeared. Oy. I was able to get a good job, but had to relocate to Chicago. My wife lasted only a few months and then moved back to CA with the kids. I 'commuted' between Chicago and CA when I could and saw them about every other weekend.. That had to last for about 3 years while the economy recovered. However, I do identify with Brad on the level that my heart was torn out completely when I felt that my wife would choose place over person. The marriage has never really recovered, for that is only one instance, but it was a very painful time. Robbie, like my own wife, has their very legitimate side and feelings, but, perhaps projection on my part, the sense of abandonment I felt and sense from Brad was/is very real for me. Part of my fascination (and virtual addiction!) to this story is that it cuts close to home and, much like your other writings, feels emotionally very real.

Thanks for sharing so much with your audience, fans, supporters....

gj

• Like 1

Regarding taking my 'Virgin Post'....well, I woke up with a smile on my face and I feel respected, so I suppose it was good for me! Thanks for being gentle!! :worship:

For me, in both the reading and the writing, there is an almost sacred element in what is shared and understood. This story resonates with me on several levels. One that struck me this morning is that during the time-frame of this story, I was working in California in the High-Tech Industry and the entire sector disappeared. Oy. I was able to get a good job, but had to relocate to Chicago. My wife lasted only a few months and then moved back to CA with the kids. I 'commuted' between Chicago and CA when I could and saw them about every other weekend.. That had to last for about 3 years while the economy recovered. However, I do identify with Brad on the level that my heart was torn out completely when I felt that my wife would choose place over person. The marriage has never really recovered, for that is only one instance, but it was a very painful time. Robbie, like my own wife, has their very legitimate side and feelings, but, perhaps projection on my part, the sense of abandonment I felt and sense from Brad was/is very real for me. Part of my fascination (and virtual addiction!) to this story is that it cuts close to home and, much like your other writings, feels emotionally very real.

Thanks for sharing so much with your audience, fans, supporters....

gj

That must have been tough. It must be so hard to forgive your wife for....not liking Chicago. What a great City! But California is tough to beat. Seriously, those kinds of stresses are tough to get through. I got an e-mail from a reader complaining that this whole thing was dragging out. I laughed at that, considering I've got chapter through 44 roughed out already on this one. There is some resolution before that too, don't get me wrong. But back to the point. This shit takes time. Healing takes time. Forgiveness takes time.

Truly for Chicago is fantastic city! Lively, great people, horrible weather, but fun! The problem with forgiveness is that for it to be truly effective, the other person(s) will want it or at least accept it. Forgiveness pulsating out of a damaged heart and finding only cold rejection does not offer the soul perfect healing. That being said, now that the kids are older, we are talking about the final dissolution of what is left of the marriage. Neither of us are without blame, but are working at remaining good friends and minimizing any damage to the kids...our priority. Double oy. While I had understood that this story was set in a similar time-frame to momentous personal events, it was only this morning that the tie to my own marriage broke through. For me, this explains why I am finding the story cathartic. For that reason, I can say, 44 chapters, way cool! The pace is a good one for what they are having to experience. I am just thankful you are not the type of author that only posts once a month! You understand the appropriate pace for your story and your life, but thank you for posting frequently!!!

That must have been tough. It must be so hard to forgive your wife for....not liking Chicago. What a great City! But California is tough to beat. Seriously, those kinds of stresses are tough to get through. I got an e-mail from a reader complaining that this whole thing was dragging out. I laughed at that, considering I've got chapter through 44 roughed out already on this one. There is some resolution before that too, don't get me wrong. But back to the point. This shit takes time. Healing takes time. Forgiveness takes time.

First, thanks for the treat of Chapter 13 coming along so quickly!

Secondly, you had mentioned (warned) about a sympathetic religious person, nice addition. Nice way to help Brad heal and get some centering as well..

Brad told Robbie he was only thinking about himself. I think both of them were. I know Brad was hurt and hurt badly. Brad's meeting Father Tim gives Brad something to do with Brad's time as he solves the mystery and takes Dan Church and his crew down. When I read this chapter I can only see Stef finding out about it and helping out too. Think of all the people over the years the family have helped. Maybe starting with Stef himself, Taking in Ace, Brad, Lou, Marcel, Matt, Cole and so many others. I think Frank said it best who are the real christian people Robbies mother and her preacher friend, the horrible people in Wyoming or Father Tim, JP and Brad. Way to go Brad I am proud of you! Brad's always had a good heart. He proved it again here. Great chapter! They only get better and better!! :2thumbs::2thumbs:

So you say 44 chapters....im glad :D! but can u tell me if this covers 9/11?

Gosh and golly, with the detailed way this story is going (and I personally am enjoying the day-to-day development!) Chapter 44 will get us just past Christmas! 9/11 can be a whole different tale and one that I have great trepidation regarding who might find themselve in NYC, oy, hope they experience from CA and not NYC>>>

Gosh and golly, with the detailed way this story is going (and I personally am enjoying the day-to-day development!) Chapter 44 will get us just past Christmas! 9/11 can be a whole different tale and one that I have great trepidation regarding who might find themselve in NYC, oy, hope they experience from CA and not NYC>>>

Actually, Chapter 44 starts on December 28, 1999, so you're not too far off. It will move faster in the New Year. This story won't go into 9/11.

Actually, Chapter 44 starts on December 28, 1999, so you're not too far off. It will move faster in the New Year. This story won't go into 9/11.

Yeah, it's gotta start moving quicker or else we won't see Darius graduate from high school without getting to like a chapter 70 or something. LOL. Not to menton you still gotta get in the tech crash in the spring.

9/11 is the next story, right? I like Millenium standing as a snapshot of the bright optmistic hope that people had for the new decade that dawned, and the reality of the horrible decade this one actually was.

Edited by methodwriter85

H'mmmm, bagging Father Tim, new aspect of Holy Communion?

Not even I'm that bad.

Can you just see him, holding his hard dick, saying "and the Lord said drink this, for it is...."

*stuffs the genie back in the bottle*

Now that you mention it, I not only can imagine seeing it, I suspect I would enjoy watching it!!

Ahhh, suspect will burn in hell for such thoughts, but worthwhile none the less....:devil:

Not even I'm that bad.

Can you just see him, holding his hard dick, saying "and the Lord said drink this, for it is...."

Not even I'm that bad.

Im pretty sure I would give you my full years salary to see you publish that.... :D

Not even I'm that bad.

RE: Ch 14...

And you lie too! :wacko::blink::lmao:

Edited by mmike1969

Great Chapter, w/lots happening. Will we ever find out why Jeanine is 'off' Brad? She is a strong character, but has a bit of a dark 'Mother Teresa' side like she used Brad for her son and now has a distaste for him. He seems to handle it well.

Great layers of complexity, but a question, perhaps I am dense on this point, but what about Ch14 was a 'lie' or 'f up'? The blow job??

Not a lie, a f**k up.

Great Chapter, w/lots happening. Will we ever find out why Jeanine is 'off' Brad? She is a strong character, but has a bit of a dark 'Mother Teresa' side like she used Brad for her son and now has a distaste for him. He seems to handle it well.

Great layers of complexity, but a question, perhaps I am dense on this point, but what about Ch14 was a 'lie' or 'f up'? The blow job??

The f**k up is that we were supposed to post Belvidera 30 now, and Millennium 14 next.

Thanks for insight into your enjoyment of Chap 15. It had a lighter feel in some ways....more positive family dynamics. A nice touch! It was interesting seeing the movement in Brad & Darius' relationship. With you having mapped out at least 44 chapters, I would not be trying to suggest direction, only posing some thoughts and imaginings. I do wonder where the Right Rev will end up. Can he accept the freedom that Brad lives by? that would be quite a stretch...perhaps he will end up with Max. Someone who can appreciate loyalty and goodness. To bad they both seem like bottoms! Brad stated that Robbie's Love was becoming less of a hold. I can see that happening in many intimate relationships when there is such pain or disloyalty. It will be insightful as to whether Brad has 'had enough' and will accept a more appreciative/loyal love from someone else or if he is forever bound to Robbie. The fact that Robbie has apparently been used by Carson ( at least so it seems right now! ) is a question of whether or not it mitigates the pain. Being led astray and causing such pain, whether by hair loss or evil plot does not necessarily make the betrayal more palatable, eh?

Thanks again for the incredible quality output.

gj

Thanks for insight into your enjoyment of Chap 15. It had a lighter feel in some ways....more positive family dynamics. A nice touch! It was interesting seeing the movement in Brad & Darius' relationship. With you having mapped out at least 44 chapters, I would not be trying to suggest direction, only posing some thoughts and imaginings. I do wonder where the Right Rev will end up. Can he accept the freedom that Brad lives by? that would be quite a stretch...perhaps he will end up with Max. Someone who can appreciate loyalty and goodness. To bad they both seem like bottoms! Brad stated that Robbie's Love was becoming less of a hold. I can see that happening in many intimate relationships when there is such pain or disloyalty. It will be insightful as to whether Brad has 'had enough' and will accept a more appreciative/loyal love from someone else or if he is forever bound to Robbie. The fact that Robbie has apparently been used by Carson ( at least so it seems right now! ) is a question of whether or not it mitigates the pain. Being led astray and causing such pain, whether by hair loss or evil plot does not necessarily make the betrayal more palatable, eh?

Thanks again for the incredible quality output.

gj

You make good points. I think that as far as Robbie goes, Brad is having those typical moments you have when someone you love dumps you. On one hand, you want him/her back. On the other, you're so hurt and pissed off, you want that person out of your life. My own experience is that this isn't a nice, continuous stream of thought, it's a constant internal battle that sways back and forth not by the day, but by the minute.

True as well, pain from a relationships dissolution is hardly a steady stream of consciousness....one of the more attractive parts of your writing gift is your ability to portray/explore/present that delicate balance found in us all. Brad is charismaticly attractive, but far from perfect. Robbie has strong qualities, but it seem equally strong weakness/blind spots. Truly human with a glimmer of the divinity. Watching it unfold is not just a fun read, but emtionally challenging in its depth/realism and, at least for me in my current state of being, cathartic. Where they end up will be fascinating for there is no obvious answer yet. That is also nice!

True as well, pain from a relationships dissolution is hardly a steady stream of consciousness....one of the more attractive parts of your writing gift is your ability to portray/explore/present that delicate balance found in us all. Brad is charismaticly attractive, but far from perfect. Robbie has strong qualities, but it seem equally strong weakness/blind spots. Truly human with a glimmer of the divinity. Watching it unfold is not just a fun read, but emtionally challenging in its depth/realism and, at least for me in my current state of being, cathartic. Where they end up will be fascinating for there is no obvious answer yet. That is also nice!

I'm glad you get that, and thanks for your comments. There are all those lame-ass songs about heartache, but then when you experience, they make sense.

You were right, some interesting twists. At one time in my sordid past, like Father Tim, I to 'Mastered Divinity' (oy, in the same time, I could have been a Dentist!) and after about 7 years in Pastoral Ministry as a conservative Baptist, accepted that I wasn't really either conservative or a Baptist, so the review of theological arguements/discussions is always fascinating. As you warned, there can be sympathetic religious in both writing and real life. The points you made regarding Tim needing a spriritual bond with a life-partner was to me quite authentic, still it is nice to see him having some carnal fun! I could see Tim fitting nicely into being a Unitarian Universalist like I am now!

Timing is everything and there was a nice confluence in Hawaii. Another very authentic point was Brad's questions about his own desires regarding his relationship and whether his love would be better served keeping Robbie at more arm's length. Safer for sure, but does he really want what he claimed to Steph regarding someone hard to manage? My own personal projections would make it hard for me to accept (a) Robbie back because of the repeated dashing of respect and trust (especiallythe respect). There are those who accept people back and Brad may prove to be such a person, but I believe he deserves better than to settle for such treatment. Still, his need to have this tension/potential disruption may be his adrenalin rush. Will be fascinating to see how you develop the emotional story line as well as the actions and activities.

Thanks again for sharing your writing gift.

gj

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..