One thing that amazes me is the amount of "guests" that are reading Second Shot. I heard about the story through word of mouth, but I am a registered member of this website (so it would be hard not to hear about it).

Since there are so many stories here, I can't believe this is some random thing. Obviously the word is leaking out past our doors that this is a quality story, so even the lurkers are drawn to it. Posted Image

• Like 2

So, not sure how many people are still reading this thread, but for those of you who are and who have an e-Reader that reads epub formats, I managed to collect the entire story into an epub book - I did it for the bf who has an iPad and it worked. So that said, anyone who would like a copy, email me - [not a pm] from my profile. I will then send you a copy - there is one caveat - I just want to hear back if you can or can't read it.

Thanks

Andy

• Like 2

I'm sad!! Posted Image

I'm gonna have to just replay the scenes over and over in my head!! :( because there will be no more Pete on his Honda... carrying Jase's ass all over town! :(

Or jase's car! whatever! :P :P

I"m bawling my eyes out! can u tell?? Posted Image

• Like 1

Andy, the Epilogue to Second Shot is an excellent counterpoint to the story itself. A totally new central character is introduced and his personality and professional outlook are explored quite thoroughly. You have left an opening for a sequel (or whatever you choose to call it) and I will be looking forward to that. We are also reminded that, while Jason and Peter are now happy, they have some trials and tribulation remaining. Whether or not you write a story about the trial, your readers all know that it is happening.

I never congratulated you on becoming a Promising Author...somehow I missed the announcement. That's great news and well deserved.

• Like 1

One thing that amazes me is the amount of "guests" that are reading Second Shot. I heard about the story through word of mouth, but I am a registered member of this website (so it would be hard not to hear about it).

Since there are so many stories here, I can't believe this is some random thing. Obviously the word is leaking out past our doors that this is a quality story, so even the lurkers are drawn to it. Posted Image

Very well said, Trevor. I hope that many of those guests are prompted to become members of GA as a result of a story like Second Shot. I can't imagine anyone reading it and not being eager to comment and that requires membership. Of course there are some people who do little more than grunt during a conversation. :P

• Like 1

I admit I'm kinda guilty of lurking at times but it's usually when I'm busy with something. :P

I really enjoyed reading Second Shot. I think the character development really stood out throughout and I could sense a lot of depth too.

I just finished reading the last chapter and I plan on going back to read the whole thing over again without interruptions! :D

Oh and congrats on your Promising Author status! :D

• Like 1

I admit I'm kinda guilty of lurking at times but it's usually when I'm busy with something. :P

I really enjoyed reading Second Shot. I think the character development really stood out throughout and I could sense a lot of depth too.

I just finished reading the last chapter and I plan on going back to read the whole thing over again without interruptions! :D

Oh and congrats on your Promising Author status! :D

Lurkers are fine, especially when they pop up and leave comments every now and then ^_^

Glad you enjoyed it and thanks for the comments, I tried to develop the characters - maybe too much at the expense of surroundings - so I am glad to hear folks tell me I did okay there :)

And thank you for the congrats, it was something of a surprise but I was still rather pleased when they asked me.

Andy

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

OMG I have started reading Second Shot :P

I've only gotten up to chapter 4, but I've got to say.... It good :D

Thank you my dear :wub: - you might like my fantasy story a bit more - by book two one of the lead character is a lesbian. She and her partner are two of my more favorite characters in the book.

As for this, I think the last 25-30 chapters are better written than the first 20-25 so hopefully you will enjoy it more as it goes on. At least I hope so. 0:)

Thank you my dear :wub: - you might like my fantasy story a bit more - by book two one of the lead character is a lesbian. She and her partner are two of my more favorite characters in the book.

As for this, I think the last 25-30 chapters are better written than the first 20-25 so hopefully you will enjoy it more as it goes on. At least I hope so. 0:)

your telling me this NOW!!?!?! lol

is the fantasy story finished? or are you going to post it later?

hmm considering it takes me like 30mins to read a chapter so your saying that it will take me 1650mins (approx) until I can read you lesbian characters... *sits down, shuts up and speed reads* :P

lol, I didn't think that I would enjoy reading Second Shot, (I mean he plays soccer......) but it is good so far :)

• Like 1

Nah sorry Bee, the fantasy is no where close to being ready AND the lesbian couple doesn't make an appearance until the second book anyway - BUT you would like it I'm sure.

Oh and I am going to just assume since you are reading right now - that you were the 25,000 read/view.

SO thank you Bee. :worship:

Nah sorry Bee, the fantasy is no where close to being ready AND the lesbian couple doesn't make an appearance until the second book anyway - BUT you would like it I'm sure.

Oh and I am going to just assume since you are reading right now - that you were the 25,000 read/view.

SO thank you Bee. :worship:

Your Welcome :D lol

*feels special*

and if the fantasy novel is as good as Second Shot then I'm sure everyone will like it :)

• Like 1

So how did I do that? Just click next chapter. :rolleyes:

I mean that is the reason you waited til it was finished to start reading right? -_-

lol, well i finished that chapter right before i had to get up to get ready for work :P

now i just gotta know what happens to Peter :)

• Like 1

lol, well i finished that chapter right before i had to get up to get ready for work :P

now i just gotta know what happens to Peter :)

Leave a review if you get a chance, you can be my 350th review WOO HOO - 25,000th read AND 350th review, you are collecting the milestones from me ain't you?

I gave you 2 reviews, so 350th and 351st :P

awww tell your hubby to at least pretend to read it, and to comment on how good it is :P

Thank you Ms. B :worship:

As for the hubby - he is welcome to his opinions right? [Though some opinion could get you smothered by a pillow in your sleep I suppose. 0:) ]

Thanks for being Ms. 350 :)

Andy

501 :P *happy chair dance* *I meant that I'm sitting in a chair waving my arms above my head because I can't actually dance at the moment.. not lap dancing* :*)

I'm finally up to chapter 42, and I gotta say,

I was disappointed that Peter wasn't left in a wheelchair or something, I dunno, It just felt like he got better and over what happened too quickly

but I can't wait to see what happens next :)

Edited by Bumblebee
  • Like 1

501 :P *happy chair dance*

I'm finally up to chapter 42, and I gotta say,

I was disappointed that Peter wasn't left in a wheelchair or something, I dunno, It just felt like he got better and over what happened too quickly

but I can't wait to see what happens next :)

Bee,

I beleive you are too young to be giving lap dances - I mean not that I've had any happy chair dances but I still know what they are of course. 0:)

As for the spoiler - not everyone who has a cracked vertebrae is in a wheel chair - and Peter was in the hospital almost 3 weeks, which in this day and age is quite a long time. If they can toss you out they do. I wouldn't exactly call his recover quick, but I understand your point. There was a fine line between how bad it was vs lasting effects.

Just a few more chapters to go, hope you like how it ends.

Andy

I finally finished! OMG I LOVED THE STORY!

I could relate to Peter more (hmmm wonder why) But I understood Jason as well

And Peters issues... WOW, did not see that coming! though I wouldn't mind knowing more about what happened after they got back together, and from Peters point of view while they were taking a break from each other

If you did break them up you might have been my first victim :P (I joke... I think)

And now I wanna see how Jordans trial went... I wonder if hes gay

So good story and I'm glad I've read it :hug:

oh and if Wendy was gay I would so hit on her :D

• Like 1

So glad you liked it Bee [oh yeah, Mike's a bit miffed I told everyone he didn't like it :P ]

If I broke them up, you'd need to stand in line behind Anya to kill me as she threatened while she was reading LOL

As for Wendy - well you never do know with people, she just might be a gals gal that story is not written. 0:)

Thanks again for the reviews and comment you Rock.

Andy

Just figured I would share with everyone, the BF read the first page and declared he didn't like it. Hasn't read a lick since. Said he wants a fantasy or sci story instead. :blink:

Oh well, :/

:o Blasphemy !!

I'm just reaching here, but maybe someone his age would prefer older characters in a story? But what do I know. One of Bill W's stories had a BF couple in junior high and I loved it (mostly because of the near tragedy at the end of the story).

• Like 1

:o Blasphemy !!

I'm just reaching here, but maybe someone his age would prefer older characters in a story? But what do I know. One of Bill W's stories had a BF couple in junior high and I loved it (mostly because of the near tragedy at the end of the story).

No he prefers sci-fi fantasy stories for the most part. He said he was going to read read more than the first page but I am not holding my breath. To each his own I suppose.