How do YOU tell the world to "Kiss Off"?

I have been replacing the deck out back of my shop/shack.

For three days now, after accomplishing each day's work quota, I have gotten a *cold one* (or more, meh) and just relaxed while watching nature's *livestock*. From the interaction between the beetle and the ant--dragonflys fighting each other (only to stop the 'fight' and fly off in tandem) jeez--bunnies--endless birds and everything else, I'm curious now.

When things get down on you--how do you cope?

How do you tell the world to "Kiss Off", even if it is only briefly?

Interesting question.

What I do when I want to tune out the world:

I have a large, very comfortable overstuffed chair. I get one of my favorite dead tree books out of my book collection. Then I get comfortable in my overstuffed chair and read. Losing myself as the tale spins itself out in my mind and imagination like a movie. In doing so I generally become oblivious to my surroundings and the world goes away. At least for a time.

I think that it is a thow back to when I was growing up listening to my favorite after school radio programs and using my imagination to visualize what was going on using the dialogue and sound effects to do so.

Interesting question.

What I do when I want to tune out the world:

I have a large, very comfortable overstuffed chair. I get one of my favorite dead tree books out of my book collection. Then I get comfortable in my overstuffed chair and read. Losing myself as the tale spins itself out in my mind and imagination like a movie. In doing so I generally become oblivious to my surroundings and the world goes away. At least for a time.

I think that it is a thow back to when I was growing up listening to my favorite after school radio programs and using my imagination to visualize what was going on using the dialogue and sound effects to do so.

Tomas,

I have to plead 'guilty' regarding the "dead tree books".

OH CRAP! Are you pulling my leg?? Books from trees?? Paper?

Reading a book/story is one way to deal with a mind that is maybe going into overload, but there are so doggone many OTHER ways.

I have always loved the outside world--nature--so I have learned over these years to watch the little creatures and how they react to each other and 'yes or no' get ALONG with each other!

Thanks, Tomas!

I was just asking. hugs

A big bag of salt and vinegar crisps, big bottle of sweet chili sauce, a big drink and a book, or some QI or Never Mind The Buzzcocks on Youtube.

And all I need is an address!:wub:

That was funny! Thanks Eva!

Personally, I love to just sit in the hot tub maybe with a nice glass of wine. It has a great view over the entire valley, so its nice just to stare at all the lights at night. Of course, I turn my phone off and I just relish in my solitude. I think that being alone is sometimes the best company.

However, if I'm annoyed at someone or something, I may pull out my laptop and just rant all over a word document.