Welcome to The Boot World discussion forum. This includes all of the stories from The Boot Series and the Lost Soul Series.

The Boot was the first story posted in this collection of stories, it was originally intended as a one-off story. Like many one-off stories, it grew and The Boot Three Years On was written as a follow-up. Some readers asked about the back story of some of the characters, which led to the Lost Soul Series. Together they form The Boot World. Both Series have grown and include stories with characters that do not appear in the original Boot stories. In time more stories to both series will be written and posted.

The original story in The Boot World was posted in January 2019, over four years ago. The last story posted, to date, was in January 2023, and I intend to add more. I have posted this here to keep those interested informed and updated and allow anyone to discuss any aspects they wish to talk about. Any and all of the stories can be discussed here, if it becomes necessary we can open a forum topic for individual stories.

If you have any thoughts about the stories please share them. If you want to ask any questions please ask them and I will try to answer them. Just as important if you have any ideas you would like to share please share them.

The link to The Boot World is below and can be used to access individual stories. I look forward to reading all contributions and promise to respond.

homeless-2.jpg

• Love 2
  • Sad 1

There is an announcement to make which I hope will interest readers of The Boot World.

A new story is currently being written I will start to post the story when it is fully written and had been edited.

I will keep everyone updated and let you know when there is a first posting date.

• Love 3

The Boot and Lost Souls are excellent series that I enjoyed reading.  I appreciate having a place now to continue the many discussions that came up when reading these stories.  Thanks, Mancunian!

• Love 3
On 8/9/2023 at 4:24 AM, raven1 said:

The Boot and Lost Souls are excellent series that I enjoyed reading.  I appreciate having a place now to continue the many discussions that came up when reading these stories.  Thanks, Mancunian!

Thank you @raven1 for your support. It is my hope that the readers of the previous stories, and the readers of the stories yet to come, will join in and discuss the stories and real-life issues they represent.

Most of the stories were written without the aid of an editor or beta reader which resulted in good stories that were poorly written, but hey it has been a learning curve for me. As a result, I have spent some time editing some of the earlier stories to try to improve them. None of the stories have been altered in any other way. They are still not perfect, but hopefully, they are better. Two of the stories have not been re-edited as yet but they will be in time. I have postponed any editing on those stories until the story currently being written is complete.

The unedited stories are Goldstein Johnson & Cole and The Boot Three Years On, I hope to tackle some editing on them soon.

Edited by Mancunian
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Backwoods Boy said:

I'm glad to see you doing this.  And it reminds me that I need to read the ones I missed while I was absent.

Thank you @Backwoods Boy for your support. It is thanks to your initial support that The Boot came into existence, support that I will always be grateful for. The original story, The Boot, has not had any further editing as it was edited prior to posting and does not need it.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • 3 weeks later...

New story update - It isn't so much an update it is more to let you know that the story is still being written and edited. It has not been forgotten and will be posted when it is complete.

Question - Are there any stories that anyone thinks should be told as part of either The Boot or Lost Soul series?  If anyone thinks there are stories they think should be told, I'd be more than happy to consider them.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Mancunian said:

Question - Are there any stories that anyone thinks should be told as part of either The Boot or Lost Soul series?  If anyone thinks there are stories they think should be told, I'd be more than happy to consider them.

Gotta go read the others first.  This holiday weekend has potential for that as some badly-needed rain is falling and expected to continue intermittently.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Backwoods Boy said:

Gotta go read the others first.  This holiday weekend has potential for that as some badly-needed rain is falling and expected to continue intermittently.

I hope you enjoy reading them when you get the chance, it would be interesting to know what you think of them. 

• Love 2
  • 1 month later...

It's long overdue for an update here. Although the new story is not yet ready, it is still being written and progress is going well. I am optimistic and keeping my fingers crossed 🤞 that I can start sharing the story within the next three to four weeks, as long as I can remain focused. However it does also depend on my editor and beta reader agreeing that it is ready to post. The working title of the story is 'What Happened To The Baxter Boys', but it may or may not be changed later.

To give a very brief idea of the story, sorry no spoilers here, the Baxter boys had a fairly good start in life given they are from a low-income background. Unfortunately, they hit some hard times as their lives progressed. This is where their story really begins.

This is what they looked like growing up

image.png.c5c1a75deebfec9f920bc30f7e6be599.png

and this them just before their troubles

image.png.ea88f712a353d157adc08cb5f6d5881e.png

Edited by Mancunian
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Backwoods Boy said:

Did you do the artwork, Craig?  It's excellent!

Slightly later...

Okay, I just read the chain regarding AI Art.  Still very cool!

You rightly guessed they are AI-generated, I could never draw anything that good.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Mancunian said:

It's long overdue for an update here. Although the new story is not yet ready, it is still being written and progress is going well. I am optimistic and keeping my fingers crossed 🤞 that I can start sharing the story within the next three to four weeks, as long as I can remain focused. However it does also depend on my editor and beta reader agreeing that it is ready to post. The working title of the story is 'What Happened To The Baxter Boys', but it may or may not be changed later.

To give a very brief idea of the story, sorry no spoilers here, the Baxter boys had a fairly good start in life given they are from a low-income background. Unfortunately, they hit some hard times as their lives progressed. This is where their story really begins.

This is what they looked like growing up

image.png.c5c1a75deebfec9f920bc30f7e6be599.png

and this them just before their troubles

image.png.ea88f712a353d157adc08cb5f6d5881e.png

Great pictures!  I didn't know AI Art could do something like this.  Looking forward to when you start posting the story.  

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Fingers Crossed 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I am sure that those who are following this thread, and those who pop in from time to time, are wondering what is happening with the new story. Well, I have the news that you have been patiently waiting for. 

The new story will start to be posted very soon, and the proposed posting for the first chapter is to be within the next 7 to 10 days.

The working title is being kept as the story title, What Happened To The Baxter Boys.

Charlie and Michael Baxter lost their father at a young age. They have been brought up by a hard-working mother who loved and treasured her boys. Unfortunately, she passed away before they finished college and through no fault of their own, they found themselves homeless. This is their story.

I hope you will all enjoy the story. My editor/beta reader has worked hard and still is, to help me bring their story to you. I hope that you will appreciate the hard work and support that @raven1 has invested in this story as much as I do.

• Love 4

The day that you have been waiting for is almost here. Make a note in your diary, put a big neon sticky note on your computer, or ask a friend or family member to remind you.

What Happened To The Baxter Boys will be coming to GA very soon.

Chapter One will be posted on Friday, November 17th.

One Chapter or more will be posted each week. You are invited to leave comments following each Chapter to let your fellow readers know your thoughts, every comment will be welcome and will be read and acknowledged. You can also discuss this story and other stories in The Boot World here on this thread.

Edited by Mancunian
  • Love 4

Starting today new Chapters of What Happened To The Baxter Boys will be posted twice a week on Wednesday and Friday. Chapter 4 is undergoing a final check and will be posted shortly.

Thank you to the many readers and followers, and to those who have left reactions and comments, it is your enthusiasm for the story that keeps @raven1 and myself going. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Mancunian said:

Chapter 5 of What Happened To The Baxter Boys is now live!

It is a great chapter filled with good news and a prank or two.:2thumbs:

• Like 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Mancunian said:

Chapter 6 is posted and live with a bit of excitement and a couple of new characters, enjoy.

Missy is my favourite new character! Every story should have a Missy.

I found some music to play in the background as you read the story.

Background music for reading

• Love 2