Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation 54 : The False Cross

I found it a bit unbelievable that Henry can dig up that much before they met. But then it makes me wonder what he will dig up in the next chapter or two that we don't know.

Well nothing that happen to Trevor surprise me ... so gosh ... got to wait a whole week ... to find out what Trevor will do to survive and cope with his journey to Australia.

Hopefully he will snag another three cases of hot dogs rather than fish ... or he be lucky to find a floating carcass of a sea creature and see if he be willing to feast on that.

I wonder if he can sail to there and merge with the shipping lanes ... has he figured to use his rubbish to burn as a signal fire ... the danger to accident burn atlantis to get rescued.

Why should Trevor fret over food .... he did say he can survive a few weeks with out food ... its a pitty he doesn't have the other 5% fat ... it come in handy

Maye be he could make biodiesel and fix those engines to run for a little while or maybe he might find another ship abandon and salvage parts and food ... that be lucky

But better if he found a ship ...

Why shoud Trevor worry about the cold!! ... He's got joel shorts ... comfort of clothes ... and the merging of both of their smells together ... a kinky thing to tell Lisa and Joel one day ... that he sniffs it once a night ... to fend off his lonliness

There's some interesting stuff on the interweb about how far you can see at sea including this site:

http://mintaka.sdsu....fr/horizon.html

Thank you for the link, I found it most illuminating.

Now Reunion is 1500m high and most of it is 1000m high giving a geographical range of 60 miles from shore, clear conditions as defined by Meteorological Optical Range Table is 12miles and very clear is 30 miles, The question is Trevor an optimist or a pessimist? But then again, reading the above link, it may be 50 miles???

Thank you for the link, I found it most illuminating.

Now Reunion is 1500m high and most of it is 1000m high giving a geographical range of 60 miles from shore, clear conditions as defined by Meteorological Optical Range Table is 12miles and very clear is 30 miles, The question is Trevor an optimist or a pessimist? But then again, reading the above link, it may be 50 miles???

So does that sound like he was like 75 miles away ... he only saw lights ... not any impression of land

Maybe he should have swam for it or pull atlantis with him

He just let himself sail away to his next survival problem

B)............. Henry is a great insightful character, it would appear Bridget isn't alone in having contacts in the police department. I'm going to guess it will be Henry that finds the Bridget/George connection, how revealing will Gonzales be with Henry? Gonzales has been silent lately, is he still investigating Bridget? Or is he focosed on the Egyptian police investigation report?

:(... Poor Trevor, a big opps! It is a shame he didn't think of slowing down earlier, he might have been able to spot Reunion in the daylight hours! :( OMG! What the hell is he planning to do! I wonder if those pool noodles will come in handy!

What a great chapter, things are looking good for Dirk and Jim, but a whole lot more nerve wrecking for Trevor. The end of that chapter was mysteriously tense! :angry:

:(... Poor Trevor, a big opps! It is a shame he didn't think of slowing down earlier, he might have been able to spot Reunion in the daylight hours! :( OMG! What the hell is he planning to do! I wonder if those pool noodles will come in handy!

What a great chapter, things are looking good for Dirk and Jim, but a whole lot more nerve wrecking for Trevor. The end of that chapter was mysteriously tense! :angry:

No where does it show that Dirk has done more for Trevor like sending another Phone ... immediately to Seychellies ... no word on the age 18 independance ... or refer Trevor to sailing friend to sail together ... or something to prove more to Trevor that he cares.

except sigh ... Poor Trevor

I read thenewpart. spend the next two days waiting and regretting I started reading this story before it ended and than trying not to check the site for new parts even though I know it only is updated once a week. I am pathetic when this is the best part of my day.But thank you for wrigthing.( And I should so use my dictonary)

No where does it show that Dirk has done more for Trevor like sending another Phone ... immediately to Seychellies ... no word on the age 18 independance ... or refer Trevor to sailing friend to sail together ... or something to prove more to Trevor that he cares.

except sigh ... Poor Trevor

B).........Haha! In Dirks defense, you have to realize that #1 He is still under investigation of his wife's disappearance, this was intensified by the near bombing of Trevor's boat. Dirk is hard headed and blows his top off before he thinks! #2 Dirk is set up to play the pasty in Arnolds murder for the benefit of Bridget, the investigation is now away from her, and now focused on Dirk and Jim. #3 I'm not sure Dirk even knew Trevor was in Seychellies, he was unaware that Trevor was sailing alone. As far as Dirk is concerned he has f*cked up his relationship with Trevor, but it is all because of mis-communication between the two. Dirk is caring and trying to be very careful, but he needed the statutes of limitations to run out, why did he point to Trevor to visit his mothers relatives in December? Australia still holds the clue and yes, Trevor's mother is alive and well!

:boy:

I read thenewpart. spend the next two days waiting and regretting I started reading this story before it ended and than trying not to check the site for new parts even though I know it only is updated once a week. I am pathetic when this is the best part of my day.But thank you for wrigthing.( And I should so use my dictonary)

B).......... :lmao:... He hooked another!! Yep the goat is devious! Claims to never be near a cliff, but you know what? .................... () are in abundance! :sheep:

:angry:

I am waiting for the 17th December

:,(

Ah, but but but... Y'all have been saying that you want to know what Dirk did, and here it is, right down to the actual stature numbers! 0:)

That's not a cliffhanger. Noooooooooooo. It's just a cosy, comforting, happy little thought to ponder FOR THE NEXT 7 DAYS!!!!!!

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: Cool!!! I have a new addition for my sig!! :worship:

Joy and hallelujah!! Great to read "uninterested" instead of the ubiquitous and usually incorrect (in this context) "disinterested":). Almost makes up the above devilry :devil:

Thanks!! I try hard on the wording. :) And if course, I try to avoid all cliffs and cliffhangers, too.

I found it a bit unbelievable that Henry can dig up that much before they met. But then it makes me wonder what he will dig up in the next chapter or two that we don't know.

Well nothing that happen to Trevor surprise me ... so gosh ... got to wait a whole week ... to find out what Trevor will do to survive and cope with his journey to Australia.

Hopefully he will snag another three cases of hot dogs rather than fish ... or he be lucky to find a floating carcass of a sea creature and see if he be willing to feast on that.

I wonder if he can sail to there and merge with the shipping lanes ... has he figured to use his rubbish to burn as a signal fire ... the danger to accident burn atlantis to get rescued.

Why should Trevor fret over food .... he did say he can survive a few weeks with out food ... its a pitty he doesn't have the other 5% fat ... it come in handy

Maye be he could make biodiesel and fix those engines to run for a little while or maybe he might find another ship abandon and salvage parts and food ... that be lucky

But better if he found a ship ...

Why shoud Trevor worry about the cold!! ... He's got joel shorts ... comfort of clothes ... and the merging of both of their smells together ... a kinky thing to tell Lisa and Joel one day ... that he sniffs it once a night ... to fend off his lonliness

Henry had a heads up from Frank Tittle, so he had the advantage of time to prepare. That's a common tactic in that trade (in the real world); showing up for the first meeting having already done some background work, and impress the hell out of the client.

Trevor can survive for weeks if starving, but he'd soon be too weak to do the heavy work required to keep Atlantis pumped out. She's leaking a lot and will get worse. She can't sink, but she can take on many tons of water, which would render her almost imovable.. he couldn't go anywhere.

Dirk did mention Trevor's freedom; the emancipation, that Dirk says he'll have Jim draw up, for Dec 17th. In other words, Trevor will soon be an emancipated minor (assuming he lives that long).

Interesting thoughts on the fire!

Yes, he does have a means to start one... and it's something mentioned often. Can anyone guess what and how?

B)............. Henry is a great insightful character, it would appear Bridget isn't alone in having contacts in the police department. I'm going to guess it will be Henry that finds the Bridget/George connection, how revealing will Gonzales be with Henry? Gonzales has been silent lately, is he still investigating Bridget? Or is he focosed on the Egyptian police investigation report?

Good catch... Yep, Henry has his own contacts.

Yep, Trevor came oh so close... Just a few miles east and he'd have seen the skyglow in time to steer for it... Without the False Cross and the magnetic deviation, he'd probably be in a hotel in Reunion by now...

What is he planning to do? Oh, hell is a part of it, all right. The final line of the chapter was not hyperbole. I might start a new thread just for that... in fact, count on it. :)

HOWEVER, tense? Well, maybe ever-so-slightly tense. :sheep:

I wish I could post more often, but that's as fast as i can write.

Thanks for joining in. We have a lot of fun here in the forum; it helps cover the time between chapters. :)

Port Christmas or bust!

:worship:

Someone who knows geography! Yep, that's one possibility...

Graeme sent me the link for that (Thanks Graeme!) and wow, they are VERY fortunate. They'd already held the memorial services for them...

Is Joel, Lisa, Dirk and Jim, and the swim team going to hold a service for Trevor?

Video News

They say you can survive ten days without water ... but coconuts and fish and rain water

They hint if your fat you can survive a whole year out there

Tokelau_Boys_with_boat.jpg

I hope Trevor looks better than these three Teens?? They look like 20 something

• Site Administrator

Okay, time for some comments. I have been a bit under the weather and wanted to do some research as well. Prepare for a long post

First, Thanks for the past two chapters CJ :2thumbs: , good to see that you are building up the cases for your nomination of King of Evil Cliffhangers with every chapter posted :D

So, 18 U.S.C. 1031

1031. Major fraud against the United States

(a) Whoever knowingly executes, or attempts to execute, any scheme or artifice with the intent

• Like 1

Okay, time for some comments. I have been a bit under the weather and wanted to do some research as well. Prepare for a long post

First, Thanks for the past two chapters CJ :2thumbs: , good to see that you are building up the cases for your nomination of King of Evil Cliffhangers with every chapter posted :D

So, 18 U.S.C. 1031

I think we will need Quonus to help read through this legalese, cause it don't make sense to me :blink: . As far as I can read from this, you have to defraud the government of monies. Now i imagine any insurance would be fraud against the insurance company and not the US government. But would the search by the coast guard which would involve a lot of resources and money to search for an un sunken Ares, constitute a fraud against the US government? Also would Trevor be on the hook for anything in this statute for inheriting the Atlantis?

Next we have 18 U.S.C. 1005:

This one makes even less sense to what we know.

I am wondering if all the Statutes have anything to do with the story or if it is a wild goose chase. If CJ was looking for a sucker to bite and look up, then I bit.

Hopefully some day this makes sense :(

I can say that the statutes have a lot to do with the story, and are not a red herring. :)

The second one is a bit confusing... It mainly applies to bank employees, BUT, there's a section that isn't so limited. Here's one legal explanation;

Sections 1005 and 1006 of Title 18, United States Code, prohibit false entries and are correlative to 18 U.S.C.

Is that when the next chapter is out.... we aren't getting one tomorrow? Now I am sad.

B)............Not to worry, the next chapter will out on time! Dec. 17 is the date of the expiration of the statutes of limitations.

Edited by Benji
  • Site Administrator

Thanks for clearing that up CJ.

Thanks for clearing that up CJ :unsure:

I thought Benji cleared that up :)

But thank you very much Slug!!! There has been a debate going on for years wondering if CJ and Benji are the same person :lol: I must now wonder if the rumour is actually true :P

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..