Does Aleksi Connors sound a gay character to you?

I told a few of my friends in a party that I write, not what I write. Then one dude herd one of my main characters is named Aleksi Connors, and he just laughed that I write gay stories. Right, that I do, but I'm thinking he's reading them. How in the hell does he come up with that kind of responce otherwise?

Later tonight when we were alone he totally denied saying it, and blamed other people on it. Weird. And telling I think. I'm sure he shit on his pants and I feel kinda sorry for him. I never told him that I do write gay staff, and I never got to it when he started to deny it.

Do you agree he is a closet gay story reader, not that it matters or is this a common first assumption in your mind simply based on a character's name?

:unsure:

he probably read your story.... Or he thinks your gay so you must write gay stories

is he straight?? Cause if hes straight then he would say that he wouldnt read gay stories... If he does read then

and the name, not a 'gay' name imo :)

He could have said you write gay stories; possible translation: you write lame/faggy stories that be wouldn't want to read. lol

And then when you approached him, he probably denied it because he didn't want to hurt your feelings?....perhaps?...

...idk...lol...

I don't think Aleksi(why not Alexi!? =p ) Conners sounds "gay". When does a name sound gay? lol

And do you mean he doesn't come off as 'stereotypically' gay? Or you've seen him check out chicks, etc.

He could have said you write gay stories; possible translation: you write lame/faggy stories that be wouldn't want to read. lol

And then when you approached him, he probably denied it because he didn't want to hurt your feelings?....perhaps?...

...idk...lol...

I don't think Aleksi(why not Alexi!? =p ) Conners sounds "gay". When does a name sound gay? lol

And do you mean he doesn't come off as 'stereotypically' gay? Or you've seen him check out chicks, etc.

Well we spoke in Finnish and that's why I'm sertain that he ment homosexyual love stories.

Aleksi is a Finnish name, that's why not Alex. (don't ask about the Connors part cause that's aprt of the plot.

And the guy was acting totally straight hitting on me, lol.

Oh, I didn't think the name had any gay vibes in it either.

There is only one way to know.

Write him into your story, first name, some traits, etc. Put the character in uncomfortable situations.

See if he notices or mentions it...

LOL that's a great advice! :D

In my opinion "Aleksi" does sound gay - it's the -i at the end I think, to me it sounds gay :P softening the butch name or something...

BTW by any chance, Marzipan, do you know the comic strips made by Humon on deviantart?   :lmao:

Edited by paya

LOL that's a great advice! :D

In my opinion "Aleksi" does sound gay - it's the -i at the end I think, to me it sounds gay :P softening the butch name or something...

BTW by any chance, Marzipan, do you know the comic strips made by Humon on deviantart? :lmao:

:thumbup:

Aleksi is a typical, a bit posh Finnish name, but in Anglo-American context it might sound gay. The person I talked to was half Finnish half german, so it shouldn't sound gay to him... I guess. His name is Dani btw, short from Daniel, so if he is reading this, then he's so gaught! But I don't want him in my writings!!!!

Nope, Humon is new to me. Should I look him/her up then...?

:thumbup:

Aleksi is a typical, a bit posh Finnish name, but in Anglo-American context it might sound gay. The person I talked to was half Finnish half german, so it shouldn't sound gay to him... I guess. His name is Dani btw, short from Daniel, so if he is reading this, then he's so gaught! But I don't want him in my writings!!!!

Nope, Humon is new to me. Should I look him/her up then...?

I guess it's her... the link to her comic strips "Scandinavia and the world" is here: http://humon.deviantart.com/gallery/11134763 - it's from the newest to the oldest, I recommend going to the oldest first :)

BTW "Dani" sounds gay as well :P

I guess it's her... the link to her comic strips "Scandinavia and the world" is here: http://humon.deviant...allery/11134763 - it's from the newest to the oldest, I recommend going to the oldest first :)

BTW "Dani" sounds gay as well :P

Oh, thanks for the link! :2thumbs: Those strips really made my day!

I totally agree, Dani sounds sooo gay, lol

To me, Aleksi sounds Russian, though that is probably because I have read so many Russian novels. It's usually spelt Aleksey in translation. I don't think Aleksi Connors sounds particularly gay, not to my ear.

[/quote

Easy to agree with you there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The name doesn't sound gay to me. Then again how does a name sound gay? Ima Stuffingbottoms or Licka Downstairs might do it but those are gag names not real ones. Otherwise he might be be closeted. Who knows. As long as he isn't degrading you or your writing I wouldn't worry.