Holidays are coming!

Hello GA folks!

Do you have anything special planned for the christmas? Are you spending it with family, friends or alone?

I was thinking to keep things really simple this year. Just me and my mum and my two cats. I separated recently and have no kids. So it's kinda hard to get the holiday spirits up. Plus I have to work at least some of the days.

And then there is this religion and consumption thing too. I'm atheist and I don't have the same meaning to the christmas traditions anymore as a kid. And I hate to buy stuff for presents' I like to give my cose ones something I've made myself. This year it's gonna be a few short stories and a couple of drawings and some massages to my friends.

• Site Administrator

I bake things to give away to friends usually. Really bad for you things. That way after making a thousand or so candies the very idea of eating any nauseates me :P Really I love Christmas the most out of the holidays but it's not about the presents for me. The kids really do make the holiday, it's so fun to watch them. We have one tradition that I follow through on no matter where we are for Christmas Eve though. The kids and I always make vanilla sugar cookies for Santa so they're fresh. They love to cut out the shapes and then decorate the snowmen and gingerbread people. M&M's make great christmas ball ornaments for the cookie trees. All in all it's a great family time.

I bake things to give away to friends usually. Really bad for you things. That way after making a thousand or so candies the very idea of eating any nauseates me :P Really I love Christmas the most out of the holidays but it's not about the presents for me. The kids really do make the holiday, it's so fun to watch them. We have one tradition that I follow through on no matter where we are for Christmas Eve though. The kids and I always make vanilla sugar cookies for Santa so they're fresh. They love to cut out the shapes and then decorate the snowmen and gingerbread people. M&M's make great christmas ball ornaments for the cookie trees. All in all it's a great family time.

Oh I used to love making gingerbread houses, maby I'll do one this year!

You are so right about the kids, I think it's most important for the sweet and innocent ones!