Open Club  ·  282 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

What Denomination is Father Tim?

No not just Claremont, but a whole swath of so called middle America.

As far as the war, in Vietnam we had the draft and that affected a much broader segment of America. While there were college deferments, those only lasted so long, I know from first hand experience, I was drated in 1971 at age 23 after spending four years in college. Now we have the all recruited military. Many who plan on becoming career soldiers. Many who could not find a decent paying job elsewhere. In Vietnam, turnover in the ranks was high and people did not have three, four and five deployments to the warzone. Kids in college do not worry about being drafted. So there is virtually no protest.

• 1 month later...

Mark, can I request you adding in some Jewish people and Muslims at some point? Maybe some Wiccans, Buddhists; etc etc. I'm sure a cosmopolitan school like Harvard-Westlake would have a wide variety of backgrounds represented.

It just kinda came to me right now that, barring Jackie, we've only ever met Christians and Atheists. At least that's what it seems like to me. And it seemed weird to me- I mean I went to a crappy public middle school in a state people like to call "backwater", and I knew Jewish kids; I knew Muslims; I knew what Ramadan was because there were kids celebrating it. It just kinda seems like the kids don't have any friends with different religious backgrounds and that seems false to me. Of course, to be fair, we haven't gotten to know their friends that well yet.

One of the big differences between Brad's generation and Will's generation is the increase of Muslim presence in the United States, mainly due to the big increase in Indian immigration that started in the late 1970's/early 1980's, and really kicked up force between 1995 to 2000.

Edited by methodwriter85

Religion isn't a big part of the CAP series, it has been tangential at best.

You don't know what religion the people who have floated in and out are because it isn't relevant. The super agent lady is probably Jewish, half the agents are.

Yeah, but we're also coming up on the Bush administration and 9/11. Religion is going to be hard to ignore considering the way the Bush administration was propped up by the religious right, and the anti-Islamic sentiment that sprouts up because of 9/11.

Yeah, but we're also coming up on the Bush administration and 9/11. Religion is going to be hard to ignore considering the way the Bush administration was propped up by the religious right, and the anti-Islamic sentiment that sprouts up because of 9/11.

What Republican presidential candidate hasn't had the support of the religious block? They have been integral ever since Roe v. Wade and people who are cultural conservatives who feel they have no place else to go.

Right, but this is when things got really obvious, and the Religious Right yielded way more power than they had even during the Reagan administration.

And Mark hates GWB, so I figure he's going to use the story to vent against the Bush administration, which would include going after the religious whackos that characterized his administration.

Right, but this is when things got really obvious, and the Religious Right yielded way more power than they had even during the Reagan administration.

And Mark hates GWB, so I figure he's going to use the story to vent against the Bush administration, which would include going after the religious whackos that characterized his administration.

Ummmm, except that the most criticized people in his administration were either Jewish or not very religious.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..