[KingdombytheSea] Social Skills

Really enjoying this story. It's been awhile since I've gotten this into a new read, thanks a bunch for writing it. Can't wait for the next chapter - hoping we get some mushy moves by Jared. :P

Thanks again.

Oh, and I'm with Marzipan - no slumps ;]

• Like 1

Really enjoying this story. It's been awhile since I've gotten this into a new read, thanks a bunch for writing it. Can't wait for the next chapter - hoping we get some mushy moves by Jared. :P

Thanks again.

Oh, and I'm with Marzipan - no slumps ;]

Thanks for dropping me a line! You're in luck, the next chapter should be up within the hour :)

Aaand I'm the first one to review it... AGAIN!! :D :D :D

I'm just lucky that you post it when i decide to come online :P :P he he. ;)

I'm rooting for these guys.. and the guitar playing smiley... well, there aren't any violinists... or i'd have used 'em ;)

• Like 1

Aaand I'm the first one to review it... AGAIN!! :D :D :D

I'm just lucky that you post it when i decide to come online :P :P he he. ;)

Or are you just always online . . . ;) Either way, thanks, I look forward to your reviews, and all the smileys contained therein :P

Ok, so I know nothing about music and I was starting to get annoyed at not understanding all the music terms and references in the story. So....I actually looked it up and now finally understand what all those weird musical terms mean. :P

• Like 1

Ok, so I know nothing about music and I was starting to get annoyed at not understanding all the music terms and references in the story. So....I actually looked it up and now finally understand what all those weird musical terms mean. :P

:/ Sorry! You coulda asked here, I would have been happy to tell-- and maybe there are other readers wondering, too. I guess I don't really stop to think about which terms are common knowledge.

:/ Sorry! You coulda asked here, I would have been happy to tell-- and maybe there are other readers wondering, too. I guess I don't really stop to think about which terms are common knowledge.

Deary if you change your style and start explaining things you will ruin things. Matt didn't die by do a bit of work, it's all part of what makes your story so good. So turn that :/ into a :) - - or else :rolleyes:

Deary if you change your style and start explaining things you will ruin things. Matt didn't die by do a bit of work, it's all part of what makes your story so good. So turn that :/ into a :) - - or else :rolleyes:

lol, thanks-- I wasn't gonna explain them in the actual story, but I have no problem doing so here :P

lol, thanks-- I wasn't gonna explain them in the actual story, but I have no problem doing so here :P

You could always add a mini glossary at the end of the chapter if need be, but yeah... generally I'm getting most of the terms since I used to play the violin too... ^_^

So, I haven't added a glossary of terms, but I was inspired to post links to the pieces I reference, in case anyone wanted a listen (I won't be offended if you don't ;) ). They've been added to the ends of the chapters, but just thought I'd pop them up here as well.

Chapter 1

Scheherazade, first movement

Chapter 3

Humoresque

(What Connor plays for Jared) Thanks for the link, fmd!

Chapter 4

Chopin Waltz (Melissa's piano piece)

Chapter 8

Polovstian Dances (Theme starts at 53 seconds)

Chapter 10

Tchaikovsky Concerto D Major Andate and Allegro Moderato

Chapter 14

So in Love from Kiss me Kate (Also sung by a guy later in the play)

• Like 2

So, I haven't added a glossary of terms, but I was inspired to post links to the pieces I reference, in case anyone wanted a listen (I won't be offended if you don't ;) ). They've been added to the ends of the chapters, but just thought I'd pop them up here as well.

Chapter 3

Humoresque

Scheherazade (What Connor plays for Jared)

Chapter 4

Chapter 8

Chapter 10

Chapter 14

Wow, just putting out the links alone is worth two points, too bad I can only give you one :P

That was really cool, I needed to hear something nice after today :)

• Like 1

Chapter 3

Humoresque

Scheherazade (What Connor plays for Jared)

Chapter 4

Chapter 8

Chapter 10

Chapter 14

Yeah... you've officially ended my heavy metal streak I've been mostly stuck on (besides various game/movie OSTs) and moved me back to classical... which means I haven't done this since I was still in middle school... so... 11 years or soPosted Image... kudos for rolling back my tastes in music Posted Image

(now if I had just skipped my year and a half of listening to pop back in the 90s with the damn boy bands and britney spears I might not be so embarrassed about my life... Posted Image)

Posted Image I thought about playing Scheherazade back in middle school... the over achieving side of me wanted to do it, but my orchestra teacher thought I was being a pompous ass and benched me to 4th chair sopranos... lol (It meant I got to slack off for the rest of the year though... so that was cool for an 8th grader)

• Like 1

Just started reading this story the other day and I have almost

caught up to all the posted chapters.

Love the two characters; I always have enjoyed what seems to be these

two opposite that are attracted to each other. I have seen the same combinations before; mostly what comes to mind is

the geek and the quarterback. This can

be either a high school setting or a college setting. The sex has been what I feel pretty realistic

as the two characters try to developed not only their relationship, but also

what being gay means to them. Surely

looking forward to more chapters and also more stories from this author.

I have notice, and it surely could be me, but suddenly

things seem to change in the story without any real build up to them. I don't know if this is because the author istrying to respond to demand for more chapters or the proof reading is justrunning a little short at times.

Thanks to author and everyone involved with bring this story to fruition.

Just started reading this story the other day and I have almost

caught up to all the posted chapters.

Love the two characters; I always have enjoyed what seems to be these

two opposite that are attracted to each other. I have seen the same combinations before; mostly what comes to mind is

the geek and the quarterback. This can

be either a high school setting or a college setting. The sex has been what I feel pretty realistic

as the two characters try to developed not only their relationship, but also

what being gay means to them. Surely

looking forward to more chapters and also more stories from this author.

I have notice, and it surely could be me, but suddenly

things seem to change in the story without any real build up to them. I don't know if this is because the author istrying to respond to demand for more chapters or the proof reading is justrunning a little short at times.

Thanks to author and everyone involved with bring this story to fruition.

[="Calibri"]Thanks to author and everyone involved with bring this story to fruition. [/font][/size]

Hello and thanks for your thoughts

This story is complete (though I revise each chapter w/ the help of my amazing beta), so I guess some things may only make sense at the end (at least I hope). If you'd like to PM me or post which parts you feel have no build up, I can certainly share my opinion, though things might make more sense when viewed in their entirety. I don't really think it's a proofreading issue,, so it might be the way I conceive of the characters and attempt to explain them that is falling short.

And just so you know, I'm out of town for a death in the family so the next chapter will be delayed.

And just so you know, I'm out of town for a death in the family so the next chapter will be delayed.

My condolences to your relative. Please extend my thoughts to your loved ones.

Wow...great chapter Sara! I love the way you describe Connor's emotions.

Jared really was an asshole in this chapter -.- lol

Will we get weekly(or more) updates from now on again? :P

Edited by Anya
  • Like 1

Thanks for continuing with the story!

I can't wait to see how the story unfolds!

I know this might not be where you're heading, but I am just so anxious to see Connor go off with another guy, like Rich, and Jared being all jealous and then deciding to grovel to get Connor back.

Though, whatever plot you have in your mind, I am anxious to read it unfold! :2thumbs:

• Like 1

Very interesting chapter... I liked it very much :)

I hope that Connor will find a guy who are not scared of anyone but at the same time willing to stick with him at all times.

Again, excellent chapter!

John

• Like 1

As much as I want to say that I called this chapters ago, it still had enough twist that I had not calculated. Who knew the openness of Connor telling/blurting out everything on his mind would be the one thing that would shatter his relationship when he's always been the reclusive bottled-up person?

Again, this "taking a break" business goes back to what happens when you have two people dating each other who are both not out yet. There is significant grief, and as such, the grief cycle comes to play: Shock, Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, Testing, Acceptance.

We saw Jared in shock, denial, and anger, while we see Connor more in the bargaining stage trying to negotiate to try to get his relationship back to where it was before. At then end of this chapter, we see Connor sinking towards the depression stage.

I look forward to see how Connor takes his roller-coaster ride up the grief cycle to go from depression to testing and eventually towards acceptance. I also hope that eventually both Connor and Jared both find themselves in acceptance in whatever they decide to do later in this story.

I would issue out a RTA for this chapter, but it would really only apply to the first bit of the chapter really. And considering RTAs are generally apply to external forces ruining the relationship - not necessarily members of the relationship pursuing a break-up. Depending on where the story goes later on, I might revise the system to measure something else in the story... perhaps statistical likelihood of Jared and Connor getting back together, Connor's mental stability vs. ability to cope with change, or something of that sort... but I guess it might be as interesting as the RTA was... I guess it was fun while it lasted.

• Like 1

Well this wasn't unexpected, it was enough of a twist with Connor's emotions that it was a good read this chapter.

Jared is interesting because while its easy to hate him, call him an asshole and demonize him, its not hard to relate to him. In For some of us, reading about Jared and his fear reminds you a bit about yourself. How you used to be (or in some ways still are) when your dealing with your sexuality. So in that way it's easy to understand where he's coming from this chapter, even if he IS being an asshole.

I'm curious about where you want to take this. Despite these new developments, Connor still has a ways to go, not only in accepting his sexuality, but in becoming his own person. Whether he ever reaches either points remains to be seen, but it'll be interesting reading more about his journey.

• Like 2