[KingdombytheSea] Social Skills

You can do that?! Wow... hell all of my friends had to pick a major and switch advisors as necessary by the end of their first semester freshman year -_-

lol. I did it all backwards . . . I took classes that sounded interesting, then stopped and added up how many I'd taken of each and decided my majors that way.

• Like 1

lol. I did it all backwards . . . I took classes that sounded interesting, then stopped and added up how many I'd taken of each and decided my majors that way.

you got lucky

Dear KingdombytheSea,

I just wanted to let you know that I'm a Domaholic, but Social Skills has been easing some of the terrible side effects I've been experiencing since I've been forced to sober up from Dom's stories. So thank you, I really appreciate it.

:)

Dear KingdombytheSea,

I just wanted to let you know that I'm a Domaholic, but Social Skills has been easing some of the terrible side effects I've been experiencing since I've been forced to sober up from Dom's stories. So thank you, I really appreciate it.

:)

:o:*) Thank you! That is a compliment of the highest order. I hope you continue to enjoy :)

• Like 1

I danced around with my studies too :P

I went from general history to art history to classical archelogy and ended up litterature major. Loved all of them... :P Needless to say I have a massive degree.

• Like 1

I need my fix. I'm a junkie waiting for another chapter! Damn it, I'm so impatient. :P

If I weren't reading In Due Time so damn slow this week, I'd be waiting for another chappy to come out too :) It's alright Sara... the more time you give me the less dumb I'll feel about myself.

• Like 1

I need my fix. I'm a junkie waiting for another chapter! Damn it, I'm so impatient. :P

If I weren't reading In Due Time so damn slow this week, I'd be waiting for another chappy to come out too :) It's alright Sara... the more time you give me the less dumb I'll feel about myself.

I'm sorry! I was trying (in vain) to get the chapter after this coming one to my beta before she went out of town, but no such luck. So now I'm behind this week, and I will be next week as well b/c she's not around to beta.

I suck.

I'm gonna go chug some caffeine and see if I can't get 17 out tonight. EDIT: Make that Thursday afternoon.

And Jay, why should you feel dumb? You shouldn't feel dumb.

And Jay, why should you feel dumb? You shouldn't feel dumb.

I'm reading too slow... also I keep getting sidetracked... like the all nighter party I'm going to... lol (bye... :disappears:)

At least you're not a junkie waiting for a new Domluka chapter...

:ph34r:

So far being a Social Skills junkie is fairly painless.

• Like 1

I'm reading too slow... also I keep getting sidetracked... like the all nighter party I'm going to... lol (bye... :disappears:)

All nighter? On a work night? Ah to be young again.

At least you're not a junkie waiting for a new Domluka chapter...

:ph34r:

So far being a Social Skills junkie is fairly painless.

I'd like a new chapter of WT myself, but I try not to hope too much so I won't be disappointed :P

I promise I'll try to make it as painless as possible :)

Go Go Connor!

Go Connor Go! Damn... if I could grab you, Maria, and a couple guys along and go to that damn bar and hold up "Go Connor!" signs we totally would. :D

And I meant what I said about being your temp beta reader... as long as I get to read your next chapter on time. :D Stand-in's got our perks right? ;)

• Like 1

Go Go Connor!

Sara, I'm all tuned up with your boys, so I think I'll love the next chapters! Just call it intuition! :)

Hope I live up to your expectations . . . *gulp* :P

Go Connor Go! Damn... if I could grab you, Maria, and a couple guys along and go to that damn bar and hold up "Go Connor!" signs we totally would. :D

And I meant what I said about being your temp beta reader... as long as I get to read your next chapter on time. :D Stand-in's got our perks right? ;)

That restaurant is yummy. Haven't been there in ages. I think cheering would probably embarrass poor Connor, though :P

And, well, 'bout the next chapter . . . see, it needs lots o' work and I'm swamped with this house buying and sick kitty thing . . . but I'll see. An extra week might be good for me, though.

I miss Jared. I'm wondering if he'll ever come back. :(

I miss him too.. We might wanna keep our fingers crossed matt??

Given now that Ray is in the picture... who knows... :(

Aw, sorry, guys :(

I miss him too.. We might wanna keep our fingers crossed matt??

Given now that Ray is in the picture... who knows... :(

While it would be absolutely soul crushing to never see Jared again, I think it would be a very interesting point of realism for the story. Don't get me wrong, I want him to come back, but I could totally believe it if he is really done with Conner. Or maybe he can come back in a non-romantic way? That would be interesting.

On a side note, its been more then two months since I started reading this story! :P *pats himself on the back* :D

• Like 1

While it would be absolutely soul crushing to never see Jared again, I think it would be a very interesting point of realism for the story. Don't get me wrong, I want him to come back, but I could totally believe it if he is really done with Conner. Or maybe he can come back in a non-romantic way? That would be interesting.

On a side note, its been more then two months since I started reading this story! :P *pats himself on the back* :D

I haven't really bonded with Jared in this story. He's a good guy but I don't love the character. I don't want to see a vindictive resolution with him, but I also would by no means hate it if Conner ends up with another guy.

• Like 1

I haven't really bonded with Jared in this story. He's a good guy but I don't love the character. I don't want to see a vindictive resolution with him, but I also would by no means hate it if Conner ends up with another guy.

Personally, I see that if this story progresses to the point where Connor does mature in his social skills the way it is progressing up to Ch. 17, it would be logical that even though Connor would have a weak spot for Jared, he and Jared may never be back together again. I honestly see the two in a "first love" kind of awkward relationship after-the-fact and then perhaps later down the line mature into a deeper friendship, but not much more than that.

And... in order to do that, Jared and Connor will have to first not be in the closet, both will have to become comfortable with themselves publicly, and Jared has to admit how big of a dickwad he was to Connor, and perhaps Connor would have to admit how much he was overestimating the success of their relationship to each other first.

• Like 1

Well I've stated it in your chapter posts and now that I've found the story forum I"ll state it clearly here. I love Connor. The poor guy really needs someone who he can depend on. Rebecca is find and his sister is someone who I think would go out to find her brother a date to make him happy. I don't think she really cares what her parents think but really knows how to play them. Now if poor Connor could just get his love life straightened out, and I don't mean I want him to go straight either, then he has hope for a loving future. I think that is what I want most for him. To find someone who can love him and he can love back without fear or heartache. Great writing.:2thumbs:

Now for the trouble :blink: - just how long till we get the next chapter? Sorry, I'm greedy that way.:read:

• Like 1

Personally, I see that if this story progresses to the point where Connor does mature in his social skills the way it is progressing up to Ch. 17, it would be logical that even though Connor would have a weak spot for Jared, he and Jared may never be back together again. I honestly see the two in a "first love" kind of awkward relationship after-the-fact and then perhaps later down the line mature into a deeper friendship, but not much more than that.

And... in order to do that, Jared and Connor will have to first not be in the closet, both will have to become comfortable with themselves publicly, and Jared has to admit how big of a dickwad he was to Connor, and perhaps Connor would have to admit how much he was overestimating the success of their relationship to each other first.

Okay, so I can't comment on your guys' thoughts yet, but I did want to say thanks for leaving them.

Well I've stated it in your chapter posts and now that I've found the story forum I"ll state it clearly here. I love Connor. The poor guy really needs someone who he can depend on. Rebecca is find and his sister is someone who I think would go out to find her brother a date to make him happy. I don't think she really cares what her parents think but really knows how to play them. Now if poor Connor could just get his love life straightened out, and I don't mean I want him to go straight either, then he has hope for a loving future. I think that is what I want most for him. To find someone who can love him and he can love back without fear or heartache. Great writing.:2thumbs:

Now for the trouble :blink: - just how long till we get the next chapter? Sorry, I'm greedy that way.:read:

Thank you, and glad you're a Connor fan. I guess if you weren't, you wouldn't be reading his story :P As for the next chapter . . . I'm thinking next Monday? Sorry I'm a baby and don't like to post w/o my beta, plus I've been swamped lately. Who knew househunting took up so much time?

I know Jared and Connor will end up together. Period. There is no question about that. What it takes is now Connor to get independence and inner strenght and Jared, who appears to be the stronger one but actually isn't to do the same. See... they both are handicapped but in different ways but they'll get there.

All I'm saying. :P

I know Jared and Connor will end up together. Period. There is no question about that. What it takes is now Connor to get independence and inner strenght and Jared, who appears to be the stronger one but actually isn't to do the same. See... they both are handicapped but in different ways but they'll get there.

All I'm saying. :P

lol. You guys are cracking me up :P