Show Me A Gay Man Who Doesn't Like "Burlesque" And I'l

And I'll show you a man who's going to get fussed at on GA :)

I'm talking of course about the faaaaaabulous Cher movie! What are your thoughts on the film? Favorite songs?

My personal favorites are:

1.) You Haven't Seen The Last Of Me

2.) Somethings Got A Hold On Me

3.) Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend

4.) Welcome To Burlesque

Ok so this list will just continue until I've listed every song from the movie...

I'm talking of course about the faaaaaabulous Cher movie! What are your thoughts on the film? Favorite songs?

4.) Welcome To Burlesque

Ok so this list will just continue until I've listed every song from the movie...

I havent seen it..... its to musical for my tastes

I loved it. I expected to like the music but hate the actual movie. I was very pleasantly surprised to be honest. It was really charming, funny and really good for a musical. Sure, the plot is obvious, but putting that aside, it was great! I really like Christina Aguilera, so that helped a lot too. I've seen it twice and I'll definitely buy it on Bluray when it's released.

I loved it. Loved Cher and Christina Aguilera (both of whom I'd never listened to before) and loved the songs too. The guy is hot btw ^^. My favourite songs are "You Haven't Seen The Last Of Me" "Express" and "Show me how you Burlesque"; i've been blasting them while we hang out in the pool since i went to see the movie haha

Um, I'm a gay man who doesn't like "Burlesque", either the movie or shows you find in dark gay bars around San Francisco.

It's no my style, now show me a punk show, cuddle core or queer core...now that's a party for me.

Jason (gay but has been accused of being straight by my boyfriend)

Don't care for Burlesque, Cher, Barbera Streisand, drag shows, musicals or least of all, Glee.

Somewhere in all of those are buried stereotypes that I have been beaten over the head with for years.

Umm, I'm a gay man, but I like Black Swan more than Burlesque, what does that make me? :P

That makes you someone who likes Black Swan. :2thumbs:

Honestly, I wanna steer clear of replying to the original post entirely, but IMO, it's ridiculous to think that someone would like or hate a movie because of ones sexual preferences. That being said, I did like the movie. But that has more to do with the actual movie and less to do with whom I sleep with. That's just me though. :)

Edited by Pai-kun
  • Like 1

Ok, as the original poster I didn't say that every gay man would like Burlesque or even should. I said that he would be chastised for not liking it, thanks to the stereotypes that so many of you have mentioned.

I don't like drag or Barbera Streisand either so I understand your frustration. This discussion was meant for those who do like the film to talk about it's greatness :)

I see that it will be released on DVD on March 1st. Cher's singing just doesn't interest me, but I see that hottie Cam Gigandet (from The O.C.) is also in it. That fact alone will get me to view it.

Yes! I'd never heard of him but at the theater I told my friend that he was hot :) He then told me his name was Cam and google image search has definitely been used since on my computer!

I see that it will be released on DVD on March 1st. Cher's singing just doesn't interest me, but I see that hottie Cam Gigandet (from The O.C.) is also in it. That fact alone will get me to view it.

If that's your reason for watching, let's just say you won't be disappointed! :lmao:

Edited by Pai-kun

If that's your reason for watching, let's just say you won't be disappointed! :lmao:

Just get the youtube video, it will save you $10 in admissions.

Don't care for Burlesque, Cher, Barbera Streisand, drag shows, musicals or least of all, Glee.

Somewhere in all of those are buried stereotypes that I have been beaten over the head with for years.

What he said, although there are a few musicals I like.

• 2 months later...

4.) Welcome To Burlesque

What exactly is burlesque? Seriously I have tons of friends from Quebec, and no clue what Burlesque is...

Find some answers yourself

It's called wikipedia

:P

You do know that wikipedia can be un reliable :P And tha'ts like my doctor telling me to check for prostate cancer by myself, not nearly as fun as a sexy doctor doing it ha ha. Sorry I just had to have a comeback at you.

• Like 1