Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Ultimate pirate-themed bedroom; Cool or insane?

Please have a look at this page, which shows photos and a story about the design of "the ultimate pirate theme bedroom for a kid".

Okay, I'm very poorly versed when it comes to kids, and I saw nothing negative in the comments, but this strikes me as a very bad idea! Well, a couple of things about it anyway...

The kid it's for is 6... bear that in mind when you look at the photo of the guy walking on the rope bridge. The sides of that bridge reach only to his knee. Personally, I'd have gone for a rope half-tube instead of sides, to make falls less likely.

PirateShipBedroom1.jpg

Now, look at the photo of the crow's nest on the page. It might be a trick of perspective, but it looks like the lighting fixtures are awfully close to where kids will be fighting and playing. Also, think how high above the bedroom floor that is... on the order of 20 feet. It's rather close to the dropoff, and accessed by knotted rope. It's also conveniently placed high above sharp-edged furniture. I'd have at least put the entry to it away from the drop.

Other than that, it's pretty cool IMHO... I especially liked the hidden slide and secret room, and the designer's dedication to testing it. :)

Well, my son would love it, I'm sure but it gives me the shivers. Knowing what my son gets up to I think the only question is what would happen first? Fall, rope burn, light smash, hanging. And I would think it would be a bitch to keep clean. I can just feel the stickiness now

With a little twisting that would have been my dream bedroom at the age 10. The ship would have been a seashell and the theme mermaid instead of pirate. I was a huge litte mermaid fan then <3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..