Open Club  ·  282 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Poor Man's Son Music Recomendations

Yeah, so can I. Actually, it'd be funnier if they lip-synched to this like these two guys are doing.

Considering the generation, I can totally buy Will and John, with their friends in college, doing a video like this as well so they can post it on Youtube.

For Brad.

Coincidentally

I had an inkling of it during the Labor Day posting blitz, but with even the characters echoing the loose end feeling, I'm more an more convinced "Millenium" ended with chapter 29, and now we're on, I don't know, "Millenium, Part 2: My Next Thirty Years."

At the time I was absolutely appalled Jeremy was skimping the country content, and was determined to suggest something. That this was a current hit was part of the draw.

Chapter 12

-When Gathan and Kristin enjoy each other's company.

"Nice And Slow" by Usher

-When John reiterates there's no need to place labels on everything.

"As Long As You Love Me" by the Backstreet Boys

- At the end of the chapter, when Will realizes that boyfriends can be high maintainance, but doesn't mind it, and he gets all puppy love with John.

"These Are the Times by Dru Hill

Chapter 13

-When Gathan picks up Kristin for their dinner date, and they have some fun at JP's house.

"Come on Over" by Christina Aquilera

-When Will goes all teenage angsty on us.

"All Outta Angst" by NoFx

- When Brad admits to Will that he's at a loss at what to do, because Will's growing up much faster than his brothers are.

"Slipping Through My Fingers" from Mama Mia

I'm such a sap for using this, but you gotta admit it pretty much nails the feeling that Brad's having.

-When Stefan recounts the events of 1980, when Brad's stepfather slept with his boyfriend, and swears to not hurt Will like Brad got hurt.

"Love Will Tear Us Apart" by Joy Division

I kinda appreciate that callback, since Sam's son is in the mix now.

Chapter 14

-During Gathan and Kristin's double date at a fancy resturant.

"Uptown Girl" by Me First and the Gimme Gimmes

-When Stefan shows Will the place he grew up in.

"The Old Apartment" by Barenaked Ladies

-When Stefan cautions Will at the end of the chapter about the consequences of love and sex, and makes his point by taking him to the park where he used to hustle.

"Girls of the Night" from Jekyll and Hyde

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3iLsp7T-Q0&feature=related

Chapter 15

-Zach's theme.

"Punk-Ass Bitch" by Wheatus

- When Will and Stefan talk about his teenage angst stuff, and Stefan gets extremely blunt about his feelings on John and Will.

"Teenager In Love" by Dion and the Bellmonts

-When the gang is on the jet to Paris, and Gathan gets presented with the obligatory trust from Brad.

"Mo' Money, Mo' Problems" by Notorious B.I.G.

Edited by methodwriter85

Chapter 16

-When Will and John enjoy Disneyland Paris.

- When Gathan and Kristin discuss the L-word.

I'm not really a fan of this, but you gotta admit it fits the time period and sentiment really well.

-When Will and John fool around.

"I Want Candy" by Aaron Carter

-When Will realizes that John is more of a friend who he can have sex with rather than his true love. And freaks out just a little bit.

"If I'm Not the One" by N'Sync

I went full-on circa 2000 pop for this. God. I cannot believe I actually used Aaron Carter. Or that Aaron Carter was actually REALLY popular with girls my age when I was growing up. I may as well embrace how awful this period in music was. LOL. I basically plumbed the Disney Radio backlog for this.

Of all the boyband pop singers, the two I liked were Brian Littrell from the Backstreet Boys and JC from N'Sync. And of course, Nick Lachey. Damn, he was hot. Those lips alone. If you got rid of that one guy, overall 98 Degrees was the hottest boyband group.

Edited by methodwriter85

I can't believe how badly Aaron Carter aged. Smoene got BEAT with the ugly stick. I realize a fair amount of his looks were airbrushing anyways, but that's not a particular fall I'd wish on anyone.

I can't believe how badly Aaron Carter aged. Smoene got BEAT with the ugly stick. I realize a fair amount of his looks were airbrushing anyways, but that's not a particular fall I'd wish on anyone.

Pretty blond boys don't usually age that well. But I think the issue with Aaron Carter was the fact that he's a tweaker. That tends to kill people's looks. That's why Fergie's face looks the way it does- it got filled in to try and fix the damage, but you can still tell that her face just wasn't what it was during her Wild Orchid days because of the meth use.

It's still kinda funny to remember back when all these girls were crushing on Aaron Carter- that would have been about 8th grade for me. I remember when Jesse McCartney came out with his one hit, "Beautiful Soul", and girls were going, "Oh, he looks like Aaron Carter!" But of course, Jesse McCartney didn't ruin his good looks with drugs.

Damn, I can't believe how deep we just got there for a music thread that's primarily set within the late 90's pop boom.

Chapter 17

-When Will mopes internally with his revelation about John.

"Emo" by Blink 182

Blink 182....the soundtrack for any angst-filled teenaged boy in the late '90s/early '00s. LOL.

-When Darius and Gathan talk about their respective girlfriends.

-When Brad talks to Will about Billy, and Will starts to really get how much emotional baggage his dad has.

"Bent" by Matchbox Twenty

Edited by methodwriter85

Chapter 18

-When Jerry Kohl, Neil's lover from Man In Motion, reveals himself to be the kidnapper.

"Remember Me" by Eminem

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

*Warning: This song is extremely explicit.

-When Dr. Cambronne reveals his plans.

" Bad Meets Evil" by Eminem

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=tiWcGMejad0

-When Will enjoys some statutory rape.

"Can I Kick It?" by A Tribe Called Quest

It's been nice looking up all these old Eminem songs, that aren't really remembered as much.

I hope there's a place for "Guilty Conscience" at some point. I loved that song.

2000 was pretty much Eminem, Moby, David Grey, the boybands, Limp Bizkit, and Korn. Linkin Park is more 2001 for me, although I'll probably start using their stuff soon.

Edited by methodwriter85

Chapter 19

-When Will overhears Gustave's nefarious plans for him.

"Lullaby" by The Cure

-When the gang deals with the kidnapping in various ways.

-When the gang tries to find Will and Brad, and Will's childhood innocence is officially ended.

Are you happy that I added some techno, Blue? I hope you're pleased. I do think Eminem and Moby were the best things going for music in 2000. They're bright spots in an otherwise "meh" year for music.

Edited by methodwriter85

Chapter 20

-When Will gets rescued.

I FINALLY had a place for this song. Yay!

-When Gathan and Kristin talk about what going off to college means for their relationship.

"Don't Tell Me" by Madonna

I remember when they were playing this song for the promos for season 4 of Dawson's Creek..."Her Choice Changed Everything". God, the cowboys in this video were sexy as hell. Are all cowboys this sexy, Blue? Maybe I SHOULD start listening to country.

-When Will tries to process what happened to him.

Chapter 20

-When Will gets rescued.

I FINALLY had a place for this song. Yay!

-When Gathan and Kristin talk about what going off to college means for their relationship.

"Don't Tell Me" by Madonna

I remember when they were playing this song for the promos for season 4 of Dawson's Creek..."Her Choice Changed Everything". God, the cowboys in this video were sexy as hell. Are all cowboys this sexy, Blue? Maybe I SHOULD start listening to country.

-When Will tries to process what happened to him.

I love your 3 Doors Down pick!

Well, as much as I've bitched about 2000 era music, there is some really good stuff coming out. It's just not like 2003, which was a really amazing year in music. Thankfully it coincides with the summer of JJ and Will's senior year of high school.

I've been really wanting to use that pick at some point. Were you familiar with this song? I always like it when I pick something that someone really likes but had never heard of before.

God, the cowboys in this video were sexy as hell. Are all cowboys this sexy, Blue? Maybe I SHOULD start listening to country.

Sadly, not all of them, but enough of them are. And yes you should. Honestly, Country isn't that different from Pop, especially in the last twenty years, and more so when you are talking about female country artists.

Well, as much as I've bitched about 2000 era music, there is some really good stuff coming out. It's just not like 2003, which was a really amazing year in music. Thankfully it coincides with the summer of JJ and Will's senior year of high school.

I've been really wanting to use that pick at some point. Were you familiar with this song? I always like it when I pick something that someone really likes but had never heard of before.

I have that on my Ipod. I love it when you remind me of songs I haven't heard in a while, but really liked back in the day, or of songs I really like and still listen to.

That's why I like doing it. I like reminding people of where they were they heard a particular song, and what their life was like at the time a song came out.

Doing all this 2000 stuff makes me remember when I was 14 and full of middle school angst.

Chapter 21

-When Will and John talk about his experience with Gustave.

Big Empty by Stone Temple Pilots

-When JP has the obligatory "don't end up like Jeff' speech to a younger Hayes guy.

-When John breaks up with Will, and Will decides to make it easy on him.

I think "Ashes to Ashes" is the theme song for JP whenever he decides to talk about Jeff. LOL.

Anyway, the Sugarcult song is something I discovered doing the music. I love it when I discover songs I like from an era that I hadn't heard of before.

Edited by methodwriter85

Chapter 22

-When Gathan talks with Will about what's been happening to him.

God, I've been wanting to use that one.

-When Gathan realizes that Kristin saw them, and he runs after her.

Bizarre Love Triangle by New Order

-When Gathan tries to convince Kristin to stay.

Chapter 23

-When everyone finds out about Gathan making out with Will, and Will can't handle the ensuing drama with John. So he bolts.

"Bye, Bye, Bye" by N'Sync

God. JC. He was so hot.

-When Kristin and Gathan happily reunite, with her narrowly missing death.

-When JP outlines his high aspirations for Gathan.

Chapter 24

-When the gang arrives in Italy, with Will determined to have a better time than he did in France.

Disney Radio circa 2000. Gotta love it.

-When Gathan gets a new car for his birthday.

-When Will gets advice from Stefan on how to get Berto.

Bring It On. Hands down, the best movie from 2000, in my opinion. "I'm. Still. Big. Red."

Chapter 25

-When Gathan and Kristen talk at her parent's house.

"I Don't Care" by No Question

-When Will and Berton confirm that they're into each other.

Holy shit. I had no clue that guy was JC Chasez. All these years later and I find out that it's the guy from N'Sync. I guess it serves as a great example of how being a white kid who imitated the black style was really, really popular in the late '90's/early '00s.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..