If I could go back and change things? You bet I would!

Taller, richer, more handsome, (read hung like an elephant) and MUCH more self-directed. And, I hesitate to say it, but I would not have been gay.

• Like 1

I'm beautiful in my own way

'Cus God makes no mistakes

I'm on the right track baby

CUS I WAS BORN THIS WAY

-Born this Way by Lady Gaga

I know it's an over played song that is starting to grind peoples nerves but it does hit on the point that were all good and perfect in out own ways. If I could change myself I honestly wouldn't. I love being a snarky bitch, a gay with love for all, hot and sexy, a good friend and loving my crazy family. Being all of that and more makes me... Well... Me... So I wouldn't change myself for the world.

Eric

I'm beautiful in my own way

'Cus God makes no mistakes

I'm on the right track baby

CUS I WAS BORN THIS WAY

-Born this Way by Lady Gaga

I know it's an over played song that is starting to grind peoples nerves but it does hit on the point that were all good and perfect in out own ways. If I could change myself I honestly wouldn't. I love being a snarky bitch, a gay with love for all, hot and sexy, a good friend and loving my crazy family. Being all of that and more makes me... Well... Me... So I wouldn't change myself for the world.

Eric

A gay with a love for all, I like that attitude Eric! Not a lot of people have that these days, thanks for sharing :)

If I could go back and change things? You bet I would!

Taller, richer, more handsome, (read hung like an elephant) and MUCH more self-directed. And, I hesitate to say it, but I would not have been gay.

More money is always cool, but I'm totally happy with the way I am. :) Tall, good looking, charming, MODEST! :P

Hehe, all kidding aside why would you change a part of you that makes you into the person you are today? I'm gay and totally content with the way I am thank-you very much. I don't understand people who, with a wave of a wand, would like to turn straight!

Being in the 'majority' isn't a gold ticket to everlasting joy, pure happiness and a perfect life. We've all seen people on both sides of the fence suffer hardship one way or another. You could say that being gay makes you more resolute, and you would have a point. But you deal with whatever life throws at you, god knows I have, but sometimes you just need to keep hitting the home runs and give one finger to people who think you are anything but normal. Change? It's the world that needs to change not us!

• Like 1

I was not born into wealth and am thankful because otherwise I wouldn't have learned to be humble or conscientious nor would I have developed my drive to succeed.

I was, however, born into a great family and have great genes and that's all I could've asked for.

Well, I wouldn't change anything about myself only because who knows how different my life would be right now (for better or worse) if things hadn't gone the way they did. To be honest, I've never been as happy as I am right now with how life is and where I think its heading. :) (I know, how sappy and corny right? :P)

In general I'd say that I've been pretty lucky with my life. My circumstances drove me to excel, I have a few good people in my life, and I have little to complain about in the genetics department. If I could be choosy, I would like to be more intelligent. I'm content with my life as it is, but I'm always trying to learn more and more complex concepts, and it would be quicker with another 10-15 IQ points backing me up.

BORN LUCKY Posted Image

BORN RICH Posted Image

BORN FREE Posted Image

BORN GAY Posted Image

Would you change the way that you were born ??

I'm not rich, I don't have any money and I'm not working this school year. My folks are upper middle class, but they aren't rich. They both work, and complain about the PG&E bills and property tax and the price of gasoline and the cost to ride BART to and from San Francisco and food prices and... well, most of you probably experience or hear the same things. But the I was born lucky, I was born free, and I was born gay, and I wouldn't change any of those. The only other thing I'd change? I'd like to eliminate the "Born with Allergies" option. Please!

Colin B)

More money is always cool, but I'm totally happy with the way I am. :) Tall, good looking, charming, MODEST! :P

Hehe, all kidding aside why would you change a part of you that makes you into the person you are today? I'm gay and totally content with the way I am thank-you very much. I don't understand people who, with a wave of a wand, would like to turn straight!

Being in the 'majority' isn't a gold ticket to everlasting joy, pure happiness and a perfect life. We've all seen people on both sides of the fence suffer hardship one way or another. You could say that being gay makes you more resolute, and you would have a point. But you deal with whatever life throws at you, god knows I have, but sometimes you just need to keep hitting the home runs and give one finger to people who think you are anything but normal. Change? It's the world that needs to change not us!

HI DragonFire,

The reasons I would not have chosen to be gay in a do-over is a long, complicated story. The Reader's Digest versions, however, is that one of the reasons is, I always wanted children. Also, I have been out fighting for gay rights for decades, I've been beaten, shot at, evicted from apartments, fired from jobs, arrested, and had both arms broken, but continued to stand up against stupidity and homophobes. One of the lesser reasons, though not inconsequential, is that in my family upon marrying and then upon becoming a parent, each person inherits a significant amount of money. (Note: significant.) I'm sure many people will read this and eliminate everything except that one fact. That one fact, however, is NOT the main reason. The inheritance represents a whole list of ideas.

Being treated equally is my focus. In my family, I would have been treated just like anyone else - if I had been str8. As it turned out, I made a comfortable living, my siblings frittered away their money, and I ended up raising my 6 nieces and nephews. So I sort of got it all anyway! The last point that I think about is that, I have had several husbands, each of whom has turned out to be somewhat....disappointing. Now, if I had been straight, the likelihood of having many wives behaving as badly as the men, is reduced by a large margin. (One husband cheated on me, got AIDS, and died. Statistically, women are less likely to cheat and more likely to WANT to make their marriage work.)

I grew up in the early sixties, which means, growing up gay was extremely difficult. It has caused more trouble than I am willing to put into print, here. I could insert a million sob stories about taking care of AIDS patients during the 80s. My life has not been an easy or a very happy one. I'm just looking at how green the grass seems to be on the other side of the fence.

I've worked so diligently at living an honorable life, while all around me, I saw people doing things that were ridiculously dis-honorable. I have never cheated on a spouse. I have tried to give my kids as comfortable a life as I could. Hell, I've never smoked a cigarette or had a drink in my entire life! (And forget drugs - never even came close to those.) I've owned several businesses and gave many of my friends and family members jobs that paid well. I've tried to be generous and share whatever I have. It just seemed like the right thing to do. But I kept ending up with guys that couldn't or wouldn't be faithful, and that led to all sorts of trouble that I just didn't want or need.

Living an honorable life is something I take VERY VERY seriously. Call me old-fashioned, but I want a partner that IS faithful, not just SAYS he is. I also want my partner to be clean and sober. I'm not requiring that he is a dried up teetotaler, but I've had enough of alcoholism, thank you. I'm not amazing and I don't stand out in a crowd; I'm just an average shlub. I'm not asking for a superman, just an honorable man. Honor seems to be beyond most people today. It makes me very sad. It doesn't seem that difficult to me.

I'm the genealogist in my family. I can trace three of my four grandparent's ancestry back to the early 1500s, one to 975 A.D...! I have included many in-law trees as well. In my family tree, I have over 60,000 names with birth and death dates. The average lifespan among those 60,000 names is less than 65 years. My dad had 8 brothers and 1 sister, none of them saw their 65th birthday. My mother had 1 brother and 1 sister. Her brother died at 57. My youngest brother has already died. I'm in my mid-fifties and in seriously shitty condition. I doubt very much that I will see my 60th birthday. I've been retired for several years, trying to make the most of life while I can.

The greatest part of my life has been the last few years. I can't stand up long and I can't sit down for long. I can't walk very far and I can't get down on the floor to play with the grandchildren anymore. My back is a mess, I have several crushed discs along with a degenerative bone disease - it causes constant pain. So my life is in its last chapter and it hasn't been a fairy-tale by any stretch of the imagination. I've had some great and wondrous adventures, but those days are overshadowed, sadly, by the trauma and drama.

Perhaps, just perhaps, if I had been straight, my life would have been happier. Hope dies hard. I've tried to make a good life and it actually has been pretty good, ...as long as I did not have a partner. I am at peace with myself, my past, my friends, and my family. Should I have another heart attack and not survive it, that's ok. My only regret would be that I never finished writing my damn fantasy trilogy.

I make jokes about my tombstone. I've told the kids that I want it to say, FINALLY, he gets to play with his dragon!

Thankyou all for your interesting comments

PersonallyI consider myself to have been born lucky,

certainlyrich in the manner relative to my lifes humble standard and those Ihave around me. Free to have been able to follow the love for my lifetimes career. And being Gay I wouldn't swap. ...

Reflectingover all I have done, the way things have turned out and consideringthe tramas I have had to face............NO, I don't think I wouldhave changed anything as things could have been a lot worse...

Edited by pabz
Guest brileyblue11

Some say that I'm much more better If I was straight. Many girls would have crush on me.

But I said, God made me this way, It's true God makes no mistakes

Maybe it's God's will and He has a reason why he made me this way

So if I will be born once again, I will choose to be this way.

Edited by brileyblue11
  • Like 1

HI DragonFire,

The reasons I would not have chosen to be gay in a do-over is a long, complicated story. The Reader's Digest versions, however, is that one of the reasons is, I always wanted children. Also, I have been out fighting for gay rights for decades, I've been beaten, shot at, evicted from apartments, fired from jobs, arrested, and had both arms broken, but continued to stand up against stupidity and homophobes. One of the lesser reasons, though not inconsequential, is that in my family upon marrying and then upon becoming a parent, each person inherits a significant amount of money. (Note: significant.) I'm sure many people will read this and eliminate everything except that one fact. That one fact, however, is NOT the main reason. The inheritance represents a whole list of ideas.

Being treated equally is my focus. In my family, I would have been treated just like anyone else - if I had been str8. As it turned out, I made a comfortable living, my siblings frittered away their money, and I ended up raising my 6 nieces and nephews. So I sort of got it all anyway! The last point that I think about is that, I have had several husbands, each of whom has turned out to be somewhat....disappointing. Now, if I had been straight, the likelihood of having many wives behaving as badly as the men, is reduced by a large margin. (One husband cheated on me, got AIDS, and died. Statistically, women are less likely to cheat and more likely to WANT to make their marriage work.)

I grew up in the early sixties, which means, growing up gay was extremely difficult. It has caused more trouble than I am willing to put into print, here. I could insert a million sob stories about taking care of AIDS patients during the 80s. My life has not been an easy or a very happy one. I'm just looking at how green the grass seems to be on the other side of the fence.

I've worked so diligently at living an honorable life, while all around me, I saw people doing things that were ridiculously dis-honorable. I have never cheated on a spouse. I have tried to give my kids as comfortable a life as I could. Hell, I've never smoked a cigarette or had a drink in my entire life! (And forget drugs - never even came close to those.) I've owned several businesses and gave many of my friends and family members jobs that paid well. I've tried to be generous and share whatever I have. It just seemed like the right thing to do. But I kept ending up with guys that couldn't or wouldn't be faithful, and that led to all sorts of trouble that I just didn't want or need.

Living an honorable life is something I take VERY VERY seriously. Call me old-fashioned, but I want a partner that IS faithful, not just SAYS he is. I also want my partner to be clean and sober. I'm not requiring that he is a dried up teetotaler, but I've had enough of alcoholism, thank you. I'm not amazing and I don't stand out in a crowd; I'm just an average shlub. I'm not asking for a superman, just an honorable man. Honor seems to be beyond most people today. It makes me very sad. It doesn't seem that difficult to me.

I'm the genealogist in my family. I can trace three of my four grandparent's ancestry back to the early 1500s, one to 975 A.D...! I have included many in-law trees as well. In my family tree, I have over 60,000 names with birth and death dates. The average lifespan among those 60,000 names is less than 65 years. My dad had 8 brothers and 1 sister, none of them saw their 65th birthday. My mother had 1 brother and 1 sister. Her brother died at 57. My youngest brother has already died. I'm in my mid-fifties and in seriously shitty condition. I doubt very much that I will see my 60th birthday. I've been retired for several years, trying to make the most of life while I can.

The greatest part of my life has been the last few years. I can't stand up long and I can't sit down for long. I can't walk very far and I can't get down on the floor to play with the grandchildren anymore. My back is a mess, I have several crushed discs along with a degenerative bone disease - it causes constant pain. So my life is in its last chapter and it hasn't been a fairy-tale by any stretch of the imagination. I've had some great and wondrous adventures, but those days are overshadowed, sadly, by the trauma and drama.

Perhaps, just perhaps, if I had been straight, my life would have been happier. Hope dies hard. I've tried to make a good life and it actually has been pretty good, ...as long as I did not have a partner. I am at peace with myself, my past, my friends, and my family. Should I have another heart attack and not survive it, that's ok. My only regret would be that I never finished writing my damn fantasy trilogy.

I make jokes about my tombstone. I've told the kids that I want it to say, FINALLY, he gets to play with his dragon!

You've clearly been through a lot, but you've paved the way for younger gay guys like me, to have more rights and priveledges!

You've clearly been through a lot, but you've paved the way for younger gay guys like me, to have more rights and priveledges!

I sure hope you're right! After all, that was the whole point.

Not really. I've worked all my life to become the person I am now and wouldn't throw it away if I were offered a million dollars. Reverting would be a waste of sixteen and a half years.