• Site Administrator

This little scene features characters from my story 'The Difference a Day Makes' in GA Stories.

My daddy is a mechanic. He works on cars. Daddy Petey is Pearuhmedick. He works on people. I like it when we all make speghetti for dinner cuz they let me sit on a stool and stir the saws.

"Very good Dylan. I like your report on your family. The picture you drew is very colorful! There are a few spelling mistakes to fix though, I've underlined the words. Why don't you look them up in your writing dictionary?" Miss Hanson handed back his report and Dylan walked back over to his chair at his table group.

He got out his writing notebook and pulled out his dictionary to get started. He wanted his report to go on the fridge and Daddy said only the best went on the fridge. At least once a week he managed to get something on there. Last week it was his maths, he only missed three problems!

Dylan bit down on his tongue as he erased the first word. He was pretty sure Daddy Petey's job started with a p so he looked there first. Sure enough, Paramedic, had been added to the page. He carefully copied the letters. He was working on the next one when Maxine Winters looked at his paper and then looked at him funny. Dylan tried to ignore her; she wasn't very nice. He fixed spaghetti and was moving on to cuz when she started talking.

"Hey, Dylan. How come your paper says you have two daddies? Where is your mommy? My mommy says all kids should have one daddy and one mommy and everything else is just weird." Her smug little face made him mad and he didn't like the way she was looking at his picture. "And she says it's wrong. Really bad wrong like when you steal or lie and stuff."

"Well my mommy went to heaven and my daddy says that she sent Daddy Petey to make us happy. I don't care what your mommy says." Dylan glared at her. Maxine glared back and opened her mouth. Just then Miss Hanson told their table to get back to work. Dylan stuck his tongue out at Maxine when Miss Hanson couldn't see and then started working on his paper again. He liked his family report and he liked Daddy Petey!

"Daddy, Daddy! Look what the teacher gave me!" Dylan went running down the driveway, waving a paper in his hand.

"What do you have there?" Daddy Petey stood up and caught Dylan when he came bounding in the door. "Oof, you're heavy!" Dylan giggled when he acted like he was going to drop him.

"My report! I want to show Daddy too. Is he home?"

Peter put Dylan down but kept the young boy's hand when they started walking through the kitchen "I think he's in the shower. We can surprise him."

Dylan giggled. "Okay."

They grabbed a cup of water and Dylan held the rolled up picture. Peter grabbed a cup of ice and added some water from the fridge to it.

"Let's go."

The pair crept up the stairs. Peter opened the bathroom door but the sounds were too quiet for Cole to hear them. He carefully slid the shower curtain open. Dylan watched eagerly from his spot in the doorway, barely hodling in his giddy peals of laughter. When Peter tossed the cup of ice water directly on the man's groin while his hair was soapy and he was unable to open his eyes.

"Arrrrrgh!" Peter danced in the cold water, stepping on an ice cube in the bottom of the bathtub. Peter swept Dylan up off his feet and deposited him on the bed. The pair were still laughing when Cole came out of the bathroom wrapped in just a towel.

"That was mean," he complained.

"I was just trying to get you out faster," Peter said innocently, "Dylan has a picture to show you. Fridge quality I think.

Cole flopped down on the bed on the other side of Dylan, sandwiching the boy between them. "Okay son, what do you have to show your Daddy?"

"I already showed Daddy." Dylan looked up at Peter with a small smile. He understood small jokes now and Dylan liked to use them.

Cole growled, "Well now you need to show this daddy. I've been looking forward to this."

Dylan held out the picture up so they could see it and then carefully read the words. He looked from one smiling face to the other. He really didn't care what Maxine said, nothing beat his family. He would always love Daddy and Daddy Petey, no matter what.

"Can we make spaghetti tonight?" he asked.

"Tonight's our anniversary dinner, remember?" said Daddy. He smiled really soft at Daddy Petey who was smiling back. Dylan pouted a little.

"How about we make spaghetti tomorrow night?" Daddy Petey offered. Dylan thought about it for a minute.

"Okay!"

• Site Administrator

well I might consider that cheating cause it was prewritten but good job.

What!!! No it wasn't! I don't cheat ;) I really didn't pre-write this, it's not from any story I have ongoing, it's just that I used characters from that story because it fit with the scene in my head when I read the prompt last night. *huffs* Me, cheat?! :P

YAY! i finished it... BUT i cannot post it... yet! :P

it's the 3rd chapter of the flash stories that i am posting... and i just posted the 2nd one today! so. when i do post that, i will link it! :D or even post it here! ^_^

992 words. that's good, right? :D

Damn and blast it” I threw the spanner across the garage, “what is wrong with you? You….you piece of rusting junk” I dropped down the bonnet and tried the key again; the car growled and then whined and died. I bit down hard on my tongue stopping the long list of expletives I had ready.

Late for work again this wasn’t getting any better. My shift started at 9pm, and it was already 9.10.

I thought about Adam, stretched out on the couch watching tennis. I hated tennis but would gladly watch him instead, laying behind him holding him close, and paying too much attention, to that long smooth neck that led up to that oh so sexy ear. I smirked to myself as I felt myself grow, down boy we have to go to work.

It had been a special evening, sharing a foam filled bathtub, wrapping ourselves up in warm soft bath robes, and then going down to eat dinner. Adam had cooked, spaghetti with ham in a delicate cheese sauce. He was from a large family, so was brought up helping take care of his younger siblings and helping his mum too.

I was an only child I had a sheltered and very lonely childhood. Meeting Adam that day was the best thing that ever happened to me.

I went into a coffee shop, one early morning, after a night shift of punching holes in rubber strips for a piping company. How boring was that? But the money was good.

The coffee shop was empty apart from a tall, slim man sat on a stool at the coffee counter. He turned and smiled as I sat next to him and ordered myself a black unsweetened coffee.

“That sounds disgusting,” the young man grinned and offered his hand, “Hi I’m Adam Warner, and you look like shit” he laughed.

I stared back at him and then laughed myself, shaking his hand warmly,

“That’s one great pick up line you’ve got there buddy ha-ha.”

I couldn’t help but like this tall, pale, slim Adonis that sat grinning at me.

“My name is James Thomas, nice to meet you,” I knew I was holding his hand for too long, but I didn’t want to let go.

That was the beginning, of what now is a three year old marriage, we knew each other inside and out.

I need to go to work, I should go try and get a lift, but my mind kept drifting back to Adam, Growling to myself no not Adam, work man, go to work!

I went back into the house, and leaned over the couch to kiss his forehead,

“I’ve got to ring Mathew baby, the car won’t start again,” I smiled down into his beautiful face.

He rolled onto his back and blinked up at me with those amazing grey eyes,

“Awww ok boyfriend you do that, I’ll miss you like crazy,” he winked.

“Ha-ha I’m your husband not your boyfriend, and I’ll miss you too,”

I kissed him again, and then slid over the back of the couch, to lay full length on top of him, pinning him possessively to the couch.

“What about work boyfriend?” he giggled, stroking his hands in my hair.

“f**k work! I’m throwing a sicky, and anyway I need a mechanic,”

I kissed him hard forcing open his lips, with mine exploring his sweet tasting mouth with my tongue, he groaned loudly into my mouth, his hands holding my head, tugging my hair. We were both fully hard now. I really should be at work I really should.

The end or is it?

• Site Administrator

*Dances* I know what a spanner is!! :P Good flash story Mark, I like how conflicted James is and why. It's really cute.

One thing, you need to watch your dialogue punctuation. If you use a ! or ? then right after the quotations the word still needs to be in lowercase unless it's a proper noun like a name. You were fine on that part. The main thing I noticed is the more confusing , or . when it comes to the punctuation. Basically you end with a comma and the quotations if you use a speech tag such as he said, she said. If the text you have coming after the dialogue is an action, he winked, I smiled or there is neither a tag or action then the dialogue ends with a period.

This should have a period since it's an action. “I’ve got to ring Mathew baby, the car won’t start again,” I smiled down into his beautiful face.

This has neither speech or action, so a period is needed. “Ha-ha I’m your husband not your boyfriend, and I’ll miss you too,”

This is a little different when you miss action/tags/dialogue. I would make the comma after disgusting a period instead of the comma. The would be capitalized. I would keep the comma after hand but put a comma after shit. Sometimes laughed can be a speech tag or an action depending on the dialogue. “That sounds disgusting,” the young man grinned and offered his hand, “Hi I’m Adam Warner, and you look like shit” he laughed.

This is what I cooked with the words given:

A Lucky Disaster

Great, I have topped myself this time: standing naked on a high stool that broke one of its legs just as I got up on it. If I would move an inch, I might crash to the full bathtub, where I had managed to drop a hair dryer that I had not turned off. To make my situation even worse, the electrified, deadly water had started to pour over the tub to the bathroom floor. Thank God the stool was plastic! There was no safe place to land now. I was literally hanging from the lamp, trying to balance on the now three legged stool until my roommate would return. Gosh, I was such a doofus.

I knew better not to go changing the bulb by myself. Yet I did it anyways. Over the years I have proven time and time again I am a walking, talking disaster. Now, even our cat was laughing at me, sitting at the doorway.

I hope the cat had more sense than to step into the water on the floor. “Shush ! Go and make something useful of yourself and get help… If only you had a thumb and could talk… Now you are useless.”

As I watched Leo turned around and vanish from my sight, I let out a small cry. I would start screaming for help, but I knew there was no one else around in our small dorm at the moment. If only I had brought my cell with me in the bathroom.

After about fifteen minutes, I heard a door open, making me almost faint. It had to be Samson, no one else had a key. “Sam!” I hollered. “I need some help in here, but be careful… Saaaaa---aaam!”

But it wasn’t Sam who came to the door. It was Sam’s best friend Joshua who stood there assessing the situation. I’ve been crushing on him for ages. ‘Shit.’

“Don’t make a move.” His voice was stern and commanding. “How the hell did you get in that situation?”

I think my muscles were going to cramp any time now for being still in an awkward position, hands above my head, for what seemed like an eternity. I wanted to say something witty back, but I was too tired.

“I don’t think I can move. Please help me out of here.”

Suddenly I became very aware of his gaze on my nude body. I could do nothing to cover myself. I started to shudder.

“For God’s sake, keep still! I will be right back.”

Within seconds the power – and all lights - went out from our apartment, but I still didn’t dare to move.

“Where do you keep your mechanic’s box?” I heard Joshua yell from the other room.

“Under the kitchen sink,” I yelped with a weak-ish voice.

Joshua came back with a flash light. “You are still there? You can come down now. It is safe.”

I still couldn’t move, maybe I was in a shock.

“I’m coming to get you down.” Joshua grabbed a robe hanging at the wall and took the few steps separating us. The robe over his shoulders, he put his arms around my waist and lifted me up from the stool then landed me down.

I think the shock started to decrease as I finally allowed myself to lower my hands – on Joshua’s chest – and collapsed against him in cries.

“There, there now. You are safe.”

“How can I ever thank you for saving my life?” I croaked. “Let me take you for a dinner.” f**k. That sounded like I was asking him out on a date!

“Nah, it was my pleasure, Connor. I came here to get Sam’s books he had forgotten for the algebra class that he was not able to get for himself.” Joshua tightened his grip over my waist. “What do you say if you’d cook me dinner?”

“Are you serious? Don’t you remember what a lousy cook I am? All I can do is spaghetti with ketchup.”

“Spaghetti with ketchup sounds fine to me. But I will stand next to you just in case so that you’d try to burn the kitchen this time.”

I lifted my eyes and met Joshua’s. There was a definite spark in them that I had not seen before.

“Meeeoooow.” A demanding comment from the bathroom door startled the both of us. Leo looked pissed in the flash light that kJoshua pointed at him.

“I think he has been waiting impatiently to get to his cat litter.” I took the robe from Sam and put it around me and threw a towel to the floor to dry some of the water. “There you go, dear.”

“Are you sure you don’t want to go to a restaurant?”

“Connor, do you always have to be this stubborn?”

“Well alright, just blame yourself if you end up hungry.”

“I already am.” Joshua looked me with a clear desire in his eyes.

I swallowed hard. This can’t be happening… “What do you say we skip the spaghetti and go straight to the dessert?” I can’t believe I am being this forward!

“Deal!”

We sealed our compromise with a passionate kiss.