Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation (the one after the one after 99): So Be It

Another great chapter. It's almost impossible to feel sorry for Rachel. She really messed things up. Poor Trevor.

Would have liked an update on Basingstoke. For all we know, he snuck onto Kookaburra, and is now waiting in the shadows ready to decapitate Trevor and dissolve Shane in acid. We know Shane's fingerprints are all over Trevor so it'll be easy for the cops to figure out who killed our boy.

Wow what a twist. I was hoping that Joel and Lisa would be able to make a clean getaway but it looks like George and Bridget are going to cause them some real problems. Maybe if Lisa is half smart, she will want to take a closer look at the packing job and the suitcase.

Since Rachel hasnt mentioned the papers that Brigdet is looking for, and since the goat made a point to talk about the pontoons (?) on Ares being replaced, I still say the stuff is on Atlantis and will be found during refit.

Also I have a big question. You mentioned in an earlier chapter that Trevor was a little worried about Joels brother being homophobic. It made it sound like he was an older brother but in the last chapter you mentioned Joels brother being younger. Does he have more than one and I missed that, does it even matter and if so which one is the homophobe and does that play a part later in the tale? Lots of questions that an enquiring mind wants to know. Thanks for another great chapter. I cant thank you enough.

Aaagh, will no-one shut Lisa up? Once again, despite misgivings about her reliability she's gone telling Bridget everything she needs to know. I suppose we can only hope that they get through the US exit procedure OK and that Greg Fowler might be able to pull strings at the Australian end. I think we're assuming that the Goat won't allow them to "get lucky" and make it into Australia without the drugs being discovered.

I wonder if George will tip off the US authorities to make sure that they're caught...?

I'm curious about the Kookaburra/Ares. It's all very well to say that she belongs to Ocean Star Charters and, therefore, to Trevor, but what can he do with her? He can't sell her in Australia and he can hardly sail her back to the US, and, hey presto!, Ares suddenly reappears with nary a scratch. I guess their best bet is to continue the subterfuge and make some money from chartering her. Or, is there some method of rehabilitating her? Can she be presented as a "new" boat to the US authorities and simply registered there? If so, how's she going to get there - I can't see Shane sailing her alongside Trevor all the way back around the world.

One last thing. Garden Island sounds very safe from the point of view of Basingstoke getting at Kookaburra, but a quick look on Google maps reveals that the only way to the mainland is via a single causeway - Basingstoke need only wait at the landward end and pick the boys up as they drive into Perth.

Thanks for a good advance on the story. One can see how difficult it would be to discover your "dead" mother after so many years. I'd be disoriented and off balance for quite a while.

One can hope that Gonzales will talk to Lisa before she leaves and learn of Bridget's gift of new suitcases. He'd surely suspect something and want to closely inspect the cases.

CJ, this continues to be an incredible story will so many more details to be revealed. Thanks.

Posted Image ............. Well, it is good to see that Greg is still having Trevor looked after, notice the police car presence at his last docking? And now on to a naval base, Mr. B will have no chance there. Speaking of chance's, what are they going to be for Lisa and Joel spending Christmas in Jail? I fear for Henry's life, will he discover that George followed him and Gonzales at the Chandlery with his tracking device? Did Bridget just make a big mistake in gifting the luggage to Lisa? I suspect between Greg and Gonzales Lisa and Joel will be freed.

The Ares holds the clues that Gonzales needs and George and Bridget fear. It is all coming down now, things are moving fast, can't wait for the next chapter, great job CJ!! Posted Image

how is it that every time you provide us with an answer to a question, you ALWAYS manage to raise at least one more...... If I have a coronary reading one of these you realize my attorneys will be after you!!! :-)

Excellent, but I do agree that Lisa should learn that LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!! (a line I learned from the movies, not being quite old enough ....)

so much fun!

Lisa had some doubts starting about Bridget but she still uses her guest house and lets the evil witch and her dirty cop friend in on everything. She even allows them to plant a suitcase in place of her own.

Looks like they may not get out of town after all...

I share the previous sentiment: 2 steps forward and, at least this time, 3 steps back or so it feels. It certainly does get the adrenalin flowing early in the morning! Better go take my meds or I'll be joining Canuk in the cardiac unit. Posted Image

Although you do want to smack Lisa for continuing to use the guesthouse and tell Bridget too much, I can understand her reluctance to close off that relationship when Bridget is the first mother figure in her life for a long time. She at least continues to have doubts. I agree with other posters, that I have hope that some combination of Greg, Henry, Gonzalez -- or other twist of plot -- will ultimately keep Joel and Lisa out of jail on drug charges.

It was certainly a smirking kind of irony that both George as well as Gonzalez and Henry seem to have gotten sloppy. I do keep wondering if Henry and Gonzalez will end up as boyfriends. Posted Image

Thanks for another captivating chapter! Now, where is that blasted Basingstoke...

John

I smell trouble.

Trouble? but what could possibly go wrong? Posted Image

Another great chapter. It's almost impossible to feel sorry for Rachel. She really messed things up. Poor Trevor.

Would have liked an update on Basingstoke. For all we know, he snuck onto Kookaburra, and is now waiting in the shadows ready to decapitate Trevor and dissolve Shane in acid. We know Shane's fingerprints are all over Trevor so it'll be easy for the cops to figure out who killed our boy.

Don't worry, Basingstoke is alive and well, he hasn't had an accident or anything. :) We'll be hearing from him soon.

Rachel did indeed cause a lot of trouble for Trevor. More than any of the characters yet know; they don't yet know, for example, all of the reasons why Bridget wants Trevor dead - one was to frame Dirk, the other to stop Trevor finding Ares.

Wow what a twist. I was hoping that Joel and Lisa would be able to make a clean getaway but it looks like George and Bridget are going to cause them some real problems. Maybe if Lisa is half smart, she will want to take a closer look at the packing job and the suitcase.

Since Rachel hasnt mentioned the papers that Brigdet is looking for, and since the goat made a point to talk about the pontoons (?) on Ares being replaced, I still say the stuff is on Atlantis and will be found during refit.

Also I have a big question. You mentioned in an earlier chapter that Trevor was a little worried about Joels brother being homophobic. It made it sound like he was an older brother but in the last chapter you mentioned Joels brother being younger. Does he have more than one and I missed that, does it even matter and if so which one is the homophobe and does that play a part later in the tale? Lots of questions that an enquiring mind wants to know. Thanks for another great chapter. I cant thank you enough.

Joel has two (not counting his adoption of Trevor) brothers; one younger, one older, and the older one is in college, and a touch homophobic. :)

The bows of Ares were replaced, and the ones on Atlantis destroyed at sea. There is a void space in the bows. :)

Aaagh, will no-one shut Lisa up? Once again, despite misgivings about her reliability she's gone telling Bridget everything she needs to know. I suppose we can only hope that they get through the US exit procedure OK and that Greg Fowler might be able to pull strings at the Australian end. I think we're assuming that the Goat won't allow them to "get lucky" and make it into Australia without the drugs being discovered.

I wonder if George will tip off the US authorities to make sure that they're caught...?

I'm curious about the Kookaburra/Ares. It's all very well to say that she belongs to Ocean Star Charters and, therefore, to Trevor, but what can he do with her? He can't sell her in Australia and he can hardly sail her back to the US, and, hey presto!, Ares suddenly reappears with nary a scratch. I guess their best bet is to continue the subterfuge and make some money from chartering her. Or, is there some method of rehabilitating her? Can she be presented as a "new" boat to the US authorities and simply registered there? If so, how's she going to get there - I can't see Shane sailing her alongside Trevor all the way back around the world.

One last thing. Garden Island sounds very safe from the point of view of Basingstoke getting at Kookaburra, but a quick look on Google maps reveals that the only way to the mainland is via a single causeway - Basingstoke need only wait at the landward end and pick the boys up as they drive into Perth.

You're right; Shane would not be a good choice to take Ares halfway around the world. You're also right that she's a bit of a hot potato; she could be sold, but without a clean title (which she no longer has) she's damaged goods, kind of like selling a car without a clean title. You can do it, but you would only get a fraction of her worth. She couldn't just be registered as "new" because, like a car, she has a title and registration that would have to be included. She could be registered in the US under the circumstances, but it would be a nightmare, at least, getting the paperwork done.

Lisa didn't actually tell Bridget much of anything, except via the bugs, and Joel did most of the talking. :) And, Lisa and Joel got some nice new suitcases out of it, so it's all good, right? :)

Thanks for a good advance on the story. One can see how difficult it would be to discover your "dead" mother after so many years. I'd be disoriented and off balance for quite a while.

One can hope that Gonzales will talk to Lisa before she leaves and learn of Bridget's gift of new suitcases. He'd surely suspect something and want to closely inspect the cases.

CJ, this continues to be an incredible story will so many more details to be revealed. Thanks.

Poor Trevor; he was already kind of overwhlmed with PTSD, the aftermath of his Indian Ocean ordeal, the constant threat from the press, the worry that someone wants him dead and might try again, and now his 'dead' mother drops by for a surprise chat. He's going to have a hard time dealing with it all. :)

Posted Image ............. Well, it is good to see that Greg is still having Trevor looked after, notice the police car presence at his last docking? And now on to a naval base, Mr. B will have no chance there. Speaking of chance's, what are they going to be for Lisa and Joel spending Christmas in Jail? I fear for Henry's life, will he discover that George followed him and Gonzales at the Chandlery with his tracking device? Did Bridget just make a big mistake in gifting the luggage to Lisa? I suspect between Greg and Gonzales Lisa and Joel will be freed.

The Ares holds the clues that Gonzales needs and George and Bridget fear. It is all coming down now, things are moving fast, can't wait for the next chapter, great job CJ!! Posted Image

Yep, the police car was Greg Fowler's doing. :)

Don't worry about Henry; George was mentioned as having walked to the cafe, so he's not parked close, so Henry won't see anything to worry about on that tracker. :)

Bridget... maybe she was just being helpful? :)

how is it that every time you provide us with an answer to a question, you ALWAYS manage to raise at least one more...... If I have a coronary reading one of these you realize my attorneys will be after you!!! :-)

Excellent, but I do agree that Lisa should learn that LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!! (a line I learned from the movies, not being quite old enough ....)

so much fun!

But but but... I'd never cause tension, it would be too much like a cliffy!

And we all know I'd never do that. :)

Lisa had some doubts starting about Bridget but she still uses her guest house and lets the evil witch and her dirty cop friend in on everything. She even allows them to plant a suitcase in place of her own.

Looks like they may not get out of town after all...

Bridget's tip on rolling the clothes is actually a very good one; it's a great way of packing. Perhaps she was just trying to be helpful? :)

I share the previous sentiment: 2 steps forward and, at least this time, 3 steps back or so it feels. It certainly does get the adrenalin flowing early in the morning! Better go take my meds or I'll be joining Canuk in the cardiac unit. Posted Image

Although you do want to smack Lisa for continuing to use the guesthouse and tell Bridget too much, I can understand her reluctance to close off that relationship when Bridget is the first mother figure in her life for a long time. She at least continues to have doubts. I agree with other posters, that I have hope that some combination of Greg, Henry, Gonzalez -- or other twist of plot -- will ultimately keep Joel and Lisa out of jail on drug charges.

It was certainly a smirking kind of irony that both George as well as Gonzalez and Henry seem to have gotten sloppy. I do keep wondering if Henry and Gonzalez will end up as boyfriends. Posted Image

Thanks for another captivating chapter! Now, where is that blasted Basingstoke...

John

Yep, Lisa has sort of "adopted" Bridget as a surrogate mother, which to a large degree blinds her a bit. Bridget knew of that gap in Lisa's life, and carefully stepped into the role. If Lisa ever learns the truth, it will be devastating for her.

It just occurred to me to wonder if Bridget left fingerprints on the suitcase. It might, at least, create some reasonable doubt about Lisa and Joel.

Actually, the oppositite: it creates an explanation as to why Bridget's fingerprints and DNA might be on the suitcases. What it doesn't show is when the cases were given to Lisa and Joel; it could be well before any internal additions. It would also seem incongrous that Bridget would just waltz up and provide the cases, plus pack them, if Bridget intended to frame Lisa and Joel. Also, how would Lisa and Jeol prove it happened as they say?

Also, what of the other peices of the frame up... one of which was cash. Whatever happened to the coke-tainted money Bridget gave Joel for Trevor's car?

:)

BTW, time to announce the next chapter title. It's Welcome to Australia!

A happy, utterly non-ominous title. So, no worries. :)

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..