The 25 days of holiday songs.

Andrew Q Gordon

Day 14 - Okay this is more of a Winter Song than a holiday song. I am posting two versions again. (Sorry Andy. lol. Just one of those where I like more than one version.)

While there are many pairings for this song, I really enjoy the playful way KT Oslin and Barry Manilow do this.

And well, I like Glee and face it, the guys do a nice job with it too. :)

I like Glee's version of River. It isn't bad at all. However still a bit stuck on Joni Mitchell's. My mom use to play it often at this time of the year.

I thought about posting the originals of those songs but I knew that posting the glee versions would somewhat annoy Lugh.

Also, here's my pick for day 14 (the other number 14 was more of a bonus).

14. Ave Maria - Michael Bublé

and because my choice of the day was originally an African-American Spritual I picked this one... which I think is closer to the original way it might have been sung...

In the dark ages, when CD's were first coming out, [no smart comments from you youngins about what did you use before Cd's?] my mother had to have Holly Jolly Christmas by Burl Ives for her new cd player/radio. I, being the dutiful so I was, searched high and low for this cd until I found it. I got a few 'who's Burl Ives?' and weird looks, so feel free to add yours if you don't know who he is.

Holly Jolly Christmas

• Like 1

In the dark ages, when CD's were first coming out, [no smart comments from you youngins about what did you use before Cd's?] my mother had to have Holly Jolly Christmas by Burl Ives for her new cd player/radio. I, being the dutiful so I was, searched high and low for this cd until I found it. I got a few 'who's Burl Ives?' and weird looks, so feel free to add yours if you don't know who he is.

Holly Jolly Christmas

You aren't the only one from the dark ages. Although for me, the introduction to Burl Ives the first time was as the voice of the talking snow man in Ruldoph the Red Nose Reindeer.

Edited by comicfan

Day 15 - This is another one of those that was a favorite of my mother's. (Can you tell she had a warped sense of humor?) If Andy thinks no one knows who Burl Ives was, what are they going to do with Pearl Bailey?

• Like 1

My selection for today carries a parental advisory warning for language and adult situations. Anyone who has an issue with that, please don't listen.

15. Christmas in Hollywood - Hollywood Undead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj9A0bSaxLI

That is just twisted. :lol:

Back to the 80s again. Hey I was graduating in high school and even then we knew he was gay.

I guess what they say about selective forgetfulness is true - I have no recollection that the eighties had such terrible clothes and hair. I mean dag, that shit is BAD!!!

I had a hard time deciding on today's pick for some reason... I don't know why. but I decided to go with this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Pduu27DQOw

OH MY GOD. Who would have thought Lugh and I would have the same tastes. This was the song I had planned for today and by the same artist too. Guess it is on to the next on on my list instead.

Day 17 - Okay so by doing this list you are learning a lot about me and my past. My whole family watched this special and loved it. Here is a song for you by Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton. A true Christmas to Remember.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhYEf9TQO0I

Edited by comicfan