Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation (99+25) King Hunt

King Hunt is up.

In this chapter, we learn a great deal, including the reason behind some seemingly incongruous actions by Bridget in recent chapters, such as her reaction to seeing Kookaburra sail with Bassingstoke aboard. We also see the explanation for some of the chapter titles, such as Queen's Gambit Accepted.

We also finally see the reason behind that photograph of Lisa, taken on the streets of Newark, many chapters back. Posted Image

BTW, this is a very large chapter, about twice normal size.

ok i glance the story ... so I might be off by a lot of things...

gosh the cliff hanger ... whats behind Bridget change of heart ... people know she was looking for something on ares ... did she actually view the tape?

We wonder if ned and fowler or someone else made a copy of it?

The untold story ... the question will Bridet and the cartel be eliminated?

I love the cruelty to basingstroke ... too bad he wasn't turned into a corpse.

Will Bridget get to him later?

Edited by hh5

Chapter 124. What a meaty chunk of the story! Thanks, CJ.

My biological memory bank has lost recall of many parts of this saga. If I had a week to do so, I'd start to read the story from the beginning again. Then many of the subtle details CJ has planted here and there would come into focus. However, at this point, I'm just blindly riding the story to its end.

Things are about to get very exciting in the Bahamas. The convergence of many parties there, all with very different agendas, will cause much noise and violence.

Things are relatively quiet now on the Australian front - the calm both after and before the storm. With Basingstoke dead and Bridget out of the country, the authorities will be sifting evidence but the bad guys aren't active. Next up to bat is Gray.

I still don't know why Folwer and Ned took the other boat out to sea. Perhaps they believe something remains hidden in it and wanted it to disappear until the bad guys were caught?

With new answers, more questions appear.

CJ, thanks for a another great chapter.

I still don't know why Folwer and Ned took the other boat out to sea. Perhaps they believe something remains hidden in it and wanted it to disappear until the bad guys were caught?

Presumably they were still hoping that Bridget would try to make the rendezvous with Basingstoke and would mistake Atlantis for Kookaburra until it was too late.

That's how I read it, anyway.

• Site Moderator

I'm with you on that one LF.

I now have to wonder if Bridgett is using Mike to distract Sanchez in some way. If not, will the two of them run into each other? At this point, I think Mike would shoot first and ask questions later.

Posted Image ........... A lot of people seem ready to retire, Mr. B took a long retirement, thanks to Bridget. And now she is ready to attend to Sanchez's retirement party. I wonder if Gonzales will surprise Bridget and attend the party, since he is town? Posted Image One thing baffles me, When Jefe said;

'However, since our guest’s prior visit, I have been looking into the matter; I do not think it ended ten years ago'. He said in reference to the 'supposed' tape, I wonder what he meant by that? Now if Bridget succeeds and kills Sanchez, Trevor is most likely going to remain safe for awhile. But what if Sanchez is alerted of Bridget's upcoming promotion? If Bridget is killed, along with poor Billy, then Trevor's life remains in danger right now. I don't know who is more devious here, Bridget or the goat Posted Image Great chapter

P.S. The only way Trevor and Shane are going to survive is if the found evidence is recovered and handed over to the police, I have said it many times before, once found and exposed the threat is over. Especially if Bridget overestimated the contents and they only named herself and Sanchez. The rest of the cartel are not going to be concerned with Trevor if they are free and clear of any implications.

Edited by Benji

Ahhh, it's finally coming home to the Bahamas! What a wonderfully informative chapter to set the future stage, though many questions remain... How did the brilliantly wicked and sympathy garnering Bridget know the boys would survive Bassy's assault, I guess she didn't but originally had planned for that, 'the operation in Australia had come dangerously close to success, which would have 'complicated' her gambit; she would have had to find the tape itself instead of merely destroying the boat.' ....hummmm,,,, without the intact boat she won't need to find the tape for her cartel members as they remain under blackmail with the threat... Then it seems she tries to save Trevor and cancel the 'head' contract with the cartel by blaming her 'failed' operation on this most outrageous demand from Sanchez; OK maybe she's not so bad, maybe Trevor does have a special place in her heart, and now he and his boyfriend can rest, happily ever after...Posted Image Posted Image

It was really great to see how the random pictures have now fallen into place with Bridgets' presentation to the cartel. Unfortunately though she really had to stretch the truth,,, multiple times... Could 'the first amongst equals' be heading to Sanchez to get his take on the whole thing before B&B get there for the 'retirement party'?? Just whose retirement is it anyway???

I don't know about anyone else but my Tuesdays start way too early!!!

I also can't wait to reread the story again, not sure I will last until the final chapter is complete however prior to my starting with the Prologue on page one.

'May 15th, 1997

The dawn came as with a thunder, a fitting omen for the day.'

CJ, thanks again for providing the most entertaining time I have had with my friends among friends...Posted Image

ok i glance the story ... so I might be off by a lot of things...

gosh the cliff hanger ... whats behind Bridget change of heart ... people know she was looking for something on ares ... did she actually view the tape?

We wonder if ned and fowler or someone else made a copy of it?

The untold story ... the question will Bridet and the cartel be eliminated?

I love the cruelty to basingstroke ... too bad he wasn't turned into a corpse.

Will Bridget get to him later?

He's quite dead. :)

But no cliffhanger!!!

Bridget hasn't actually viewed the tape, but she knows basically what's on it. We find out exactly what it is in a chapter entitled "The Last Secret of the Ares" which is coming soon.

Chapter 124. What a meaty chunk of the story! Thanks, CJ.

My biological memory bank has lost recall of many parts of this saga. If I had a week to do so, I'd start to read the story from the beginning again. Then many of the subtle details CJ has planted here and there would come into focus. However, at this point, I'm just blindly riding the story to its end.

Things are about to get very exciting in the Bahamas. The convergence of many parties there, all with very different agendas, will cause much noise and violence.

Things are relatively quiet now on the Australian front - the calm both after and before the storm. With Basingstoke dead and Bridget out of the country, the authorities will be sifting evidence but the bad guys aren't active. Next up to bat is Gray.

With new answers, more questions appear.

CJ, thanks for a another great chapter.

In the next chapter or the one after (I can't remember offhand) there's a bit of narrative that summarizes what's going on (the motives, not just what they are, but what they have been and how they have changed) for trying to get both the boat and Trevor. That's there because it's been so long, plus rather complex. :)

Presumably they were still hoping that Bridget would try to make the rendezvous with Basingstoke and would mistake Atlantis for Kookaburra until it was too late.

That's how I read it, anyway.

Yep, that's exactly what they are doing; using Atlantis as a stand-in for Kookaburra for the planned rondevous with Bridget. If she goes, she'll have one hell of a surprise waiting. :)

I'm with you on that one LF.

I now have to wonder if Bridgett is using Mike to distract Sanchez in some way. If not, will the two of them run into each other? At this point, I think Mike would shoot first and ask questions later.

Interesting that the pressure on Sanchez they are providing plays right into Bridget's hands. :)

Posted Image ........... A lot of people seem ready to retire, Mr. B took a long retirement, thanks to Bridget. And now she is ready to attend to Sanchez's retirement party. I wonder if Gonzales will surprise Bridget and attend the party, since he is town? Posted Image One thing baffles me, When Jefe said;

'However, since our guest’s prior visit, I have been looking into the matter; I do not think it ended ten years ago'. He said in reference to the 'supposed' tape, I wonder what he meant by that? Now if Bridget succeeds and kills Sanchez, Trevor is most likely going to remain safe for awhile. But what if Sanchez is alerted of Bridget's upcoming promotion? If Bridget is killed, along with poor Billy, then Trevor's life remains in danger right now. I don't know who is more devious here, Bridget or the goat Posted Image Great chapter

P.S. The only way Trevor and Shane are going to survive is if the found evidence is recovered and handed over to the police, I have said it many times before, once found and exposed the threat is over. Especially if Bridget overestimated the contents and they only named herself and Sanchez. The rest of the cartel are not going to be concerned with Trevor if they are free and clear of any implications.

As we've seen with Bridget, she only kills when it suits her goals; she lifted the hit on Lisa and Joel when it was no longer useful to her for them to die. Well, she also kills if she's betrayed; Arnold Bellevue and George Alfred would attest to that, were they still alive. :)

However, that little photo shoot she did in Geraldton, which we now know was to demonstrate to the cartel that taking care of the matter would be easy; it involved blasting the boat to pieces. That would not be a good thing for anyone aboard. :)

Ahhh, it's finally coming home to the Bahamas! What a wonderfully informative chapter to set the future stage, though many questions remain... How did the brilliantly wicked and sympathy garnering Bridget know the boys would survive Bassy's assault, I guess she didn't but originally had planned for that, 'the operation in Australia had come dangerously close to success, which would have 'complicated' her gambit; she would have had to find the tape itself instead of merely destroying the boat.' ....hummmm,,,, without the intact boat she won't need to find the tape for her cartel members as they remain under blackmail with the threat... Then it seems she tries to save Trevor and cancel the 'head' contract with the cartel by blaming her 'failed' operation on this most outrageous demand from Sanchez; OK maybe she's not so bad, maybe Trevor does have a special place in her heart, and now he and his boyfriend can rest, happily ever after...Posted Image Posted Image

It was really great to see how the random pictures have now fallen into place with Bridgets' presentation to the cartel. Unfortunately though she really had to stretch the truth,,, multiple times... Could 'the first amongst equals' be heading to Sanchez to get his take on the whole thing before B&B get there for the 'retirement party'?? Just whose retirement is it anyway???

I don't know about anyone else but my Tuesdays start way too early!!!

I also can't wait to reread the story again, not sure I will last until the final chapter is complete however prior to my starting with the Prologue on page one.

'May 15th, 1997

The dawn came as with a thunder, a fitting omen for the day.'

CJ, thanks again for providing the most entertaining time I have had with my friends among friends...Posted Image

Yep, things do seem to be converging on the Bahamas... If Bridget succeeds against Sanchez, she'll be massively powerful, with the Bahamas as the seat of her power. Trevor and Shane would be well advised to stay well away from the Bahamas if that happens.

Bridget had no idea whether or not the guys would survive if Bassingstoke got aboard. She'd assumed (quite logically) that his plan would fail before that point. However, always the planer, she had a backup option, which we saw when it looked to her as if it would work; get the tape and not just destroy the boat (with the tape on it). She would have then used an edited version to make her case against Sanchez.

One thing to bear in mind; Trevor has never been directly in Bridget's sights; always before, she's gone after him using Sanchez as an intermediary, or in the case of Geraldton, when she didn't really want to succeed (yet) because Kookaburra wasn't the real target: Sanchez was.

And good point; just what is the First Amongst Equals up to? That's not part of Bridget's plan; she doesn't know he's doing it.

That first line of the prologue... the prologue is the key to the story in a great many ways. :)

And Rick, thank you for your help on the chapter. :)

Bridget had no idea whether or not the guys would survive if Bassingstoke got aboard. She'd assumed (quite logically) that his plan would fail before that point. However, always the planner, she had a backup option, which we saw when it looked to her as if it would work; get the tape and not just destroy the boat (with the tape on it). She would have then used an edited version to make her case against Sanchez.

Wouldn't it be more logical to assume that Basingstoke, a professional hit man, would easily dispose of two teens? I'm not talking about what is convenient for the author, but what is merely logical.

Its apparent Basingstoke wasn't worth the FEE!!

but yeah ordinary teens should be easy

but these where GAY and ornery(sp) as well as SEAMEN (lol, that can be read both ways)

Wouldn't it be more logical to assume that Basingstoke, a professional hit man, would easily dispose of two teens? I'm not talking about what is convenient for the author, but what is merely logical.

You're right. Indeed, Bridget assumed just that, as shown by her reaction when she saw Kookaburra sail with Basingstoke aboard;

Bridget, still wracked by pain, looked, and then fumbled under the seat for the binoculars, letting out a soft gasp of agony as she did. She studied Kookaburra for a moment, and then reported, in a dejected tone, “I see only two, both blond. I don’t believe it; this insane scheme, it actually worked!

What I meant to say (and phrased very badly) was that she thought his plan would fail before he got aboard, meaning he wouldn't get that far. The plan was a likley to fail one; it was predicated on forcing Kookaburra into, and then out of, port. In other words, they had to accurately predict just how the other side would react. And, it nearly did fail; had Bridget not been spotted (something that wasn't part of the plan), Kookaburra probably wouldn't have sailed. :)

Posted Image ...............Actually I don't get it, Bridget used up her trump cards as they went in here favor, so her saying of the failed attempt by Mr. B was just a guess at the outcome, she hedged it by having up photos in case it went wrong. Her goal was along to unseat Sanchez from the cartels chair, and she had hoped of his failures to back it up. Bridget wants power restored to her, and Sanchez is a fool not to recognize it!

Posted Image ...............Actually I don't get it, Bridget used up her trump cards as they went in here favor, so her saying of the failed attempt by Mr. B was just a guess at the outcome, she hedged it by having up photos in case it went wrong. Her goal was along to unseat Sanchez from the cartels chair, and she had hoped of his failures to back it up. Bridget wants power restored to her, and Sanchez is a fool not to recognize it!

She was indeed guessing that the operation in Australia would fail. However, she could not be sure, so she had a backup plan; get the tape and edit it, then turn it over to the cartel as part of her presentation. She had it planned both ways; success or failure would both serve her ends. However, she felt that failure would be a better result from her point of view regarding her true goals this time. And yep, Sanchez may well be a fool, if he doesn't see it coming, but he trusts Bridget. He was worried about someone using the tape against him, but assumed Bridget couldn't, due to it being a threat to her as well. He underestimated her... or has he?

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..