Putting their money where their mouths are

Bill W

It's nice, and I dunno maybe I'm the weird one here, but isn't Bill Gates donating $100,000 to anything kinda like me leaving a penny in one of those penny trays?

It's nice, and I dunno maybe I'm the weird one here, but isn't Bill Gates donating $100,000 to anything kinda like me leaving a penny in one of those penny trays?

I do see how that's a fitting analogy, actually...but all things considered, I'll take Gates donating just $100,000, as opposed to him donating...well...not even a dime (or penny). :P

Hey, I'd rather have him make this donations, rather than one to NOM (Natrional Organization for Marriage.)

• Like 2

I'll take Gates donating just $100,000, as opposed to him donating...well...not even a dime (or penny). Posted Image

Maybe what's important isn't the amount (and perhaps they don't need millions just now) but the signal given by a respected guy like Gates supporting this. He is one of your national icons, right? He must surely be held in the highest regard by everyone in America for what he's done for your country so his actions are important?

Hang on, I think it's pretty nice that someone from Big Society has actually had the balls to wade into the whole argument and side on our side.

I don't care if its ten bucks or one hundred million, its the fact a pretty influential guy/s have just thrown down the gauntlet. A few more of those kinds of people speaking up for same sex equality and maybe a few more heads will turn and listen.

Yeah, be appreciative. Does this have something to do with Cooper Anderson?

EDIT: Or Tim Cook....

Edited by Ashi

Don't get me wrong, I'm not ungreatful or unappreciative. My own opinions on Bill Gates aside, it's good to see well known people who aren't "celebrities" give money to support gay marriage. I just think it's funny that someone worth billions of dollars would give out $100,000 to support a cause.

True its probably pocket change to the likes of the Gates and his mates, all I'm trying to say is that the amount is not as important as the fact that an influential person has made a point that society/gov/church tries to sweep under the carpet. I just hope a few more follow suit and start a chain reaction. :P

I can wish can't I? :)