Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

A Dose of His Own Medicine

• Site Moderator

Sunday, I read the newest chapter from CJ. When I was finished, I sent it back. I included a note about the comments I left at the end of the chapter.

A little while later I receive an email back claiming a CLIFFHANGER. Turned out I had sent the wrong chapter back and he was wanting to see my comments. What happened was when I did a save as I saved it in the Original folder instead of the Beta folder, thus he got the wrong chapter.

I thought I'd post this before the goat could so he can't gloat as much about it. Posted Image

After I read it, I sent it back to CJ yesterday. Got an e-mail this morning in response. He had several questions about key points in the story. He also said, "I do hope no one utters the dreaded C word." The C word? Not cancer, cliffhanger. It was only then that I even considered the ending of the chapter might be a cliffhanger. It is a very mild one at best. With CJ there are cliffhangers and there are cliffhangers. It is interesting to realize that the goat is actually concerned about cliffhangers in his stories. Here I thought he used them on purpose. Silly me.

Readers will be happy to know that the chapter his team has just read is the one for publication next week. So, no delay this week or next!

Edited by MikeL

Sunday, I read the newest chapter from CJ. When I was finished, I sent it back. I included a note about the comments I left at the end of the chapter.

A little while later I receive an email back claiming a CLIFFHANGER. Turned out I had sent the wrong chapter back and he was wanting to see my comments. What happened was when I did a save as I saved it in the Original folder instead of the Beta folder, thus he got the wrong chapter.

I thought I'd post this before the goat could so he can't gloat as much about it. Posted Image

Indeed it was a CLIFFHANGER, because Talonrider's attachment of the wrong file left me HANGING for almost an hour!

Therefor, I would like to hereby nominate Tolonrider for 2012 King of Cliffhangers.

After I read it, I sent it back to CJ yesterday. Got an e-mail this morning in response. He had several questions about key points in the story. He also said, "I do hope no one utters the dreaded C word." The C word? Not cancer, cliffhanger. It was only then that I even considered the ending of the chapter might be a cliffhanger. It is a very mild one at best. With CJ there are cliffhangers and there are cliffhangers. It is interesting to realize that the goat is actually concerned about cliffhangers in his stories. Here I thought he used them on purpose. Silly me.

Readers will be happy to know that the chapter his team has just read is the one for publication next week. So, no delay this week or next!

Of course I worry about cliffhangers.. I ardently strive to avoid even the hint of one!!! As you know, I'd never, ever use one! I just worry that certain miscreants (including a particuarly notorious one from the far north) might possibly seize upon any excuse to accuse me of a cliffy, however unjustly.

• Site Administrator

Of course I worry about cliffhangers.. I ardently strive to avoid even the hint of one!!! As you know, I'd never, ever use one! I just worry that certain miscreants (including a particuarly notorious one from the far north) might possibly seize upon any excuse to accuse me of a cliffy, however unjustly.

To whom are you referring :unsure: Can't be me, I'm from the deep South (Of Canada) 0:)

Do we really have a cliff hanger detector?

But anything that makes one wonder whats going to happen next ... sure ... now is the quality or type of cliffy important??

like Wondering what Shane n Trevor be doing on the way back ... will they bump chest more often?

a deadly cliffy is really a bit far .. there isn't any killer cliffy nearby yet

just an annoying reporters cliffy ... I do find annoying his mom not ordering her son to stay since he's a minor

she can hold him for a year ... it doesnt matter if bridget demise takes an extra year

it gives mr g a chance to visit austraila and get the low down in person

perhaps the cliffy was when Treavor sent the package ... I forgot if it was for mr G

• Like 1

Sorry, that won't work. I don't have Author status.

So write something and get it! :)

To whom are you referring Posted Image Can't be me, I'm from the deep South (Of Canada) Posted Image

Yep, you. :P

Do we really have a cliff hanger detector?

But anything that makes one wonder whats going to happen next ... sure ... now is the quality or type of cliffy important??

like Wondering what Shane n Trevor be doing on the way back ... will they bump chest more often?

a deadly cliffy is really a bit far .. there isn't any killer cliffy nearby yet

just an annoying reporters cliffy ... I do find annoying his mom not ordering her son to stay since he's a minor

she can hold him for a year ...

Trevor is only a few weeks from turning 18, so she couldn't hold him for long, or maybe even at all. (He'd likely just head out to sea).

Do we have a cliffhanger detector? Yes indeed - me! I don't use 'em, but I know 'em when I see them!!! I'm always happy to point out cliffhangers in other people's stories, and I am also very happy, and very willing, to explain why anything in my stories that might be perceived as a cliffhanger really isn't one. :)

• Site Administrator

Do we have a cliffhanger detector? Yes indeed - me! I don't use 'em, but I know 'em when I see them!!! I'm always happy to point out cliffhangers in other people's stories, and I am also very happy, and very willing, to explain why anything in my stories that might be perceived as a cliffhanger really isn't one. Posted Image

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, but in this case there is only two words I can think of 0:)

Posted Image

Wildone!!!

In this case, your accusation doesn't pass the sniff test :P.

Why? Because I can prove it!

What I said, and you quoted, is,

Do we have a cliffhanger detector? Yes indeed - me! I don't use 'em, but I know 'em when I see them!!! I'm always happy to point out cliffhangers in other people's stories, and I am also very happy, and very willing, to explain why anything in my stories that might be perceived as a cliffhanger really isn't one.

I added the bolding to the quote. So, here's my proof; simply name anything in any of my stories that you claim is a cliffy, and I'll be happy to explain why it isn't one, just as I said in the quote.

:P

• Site Administrator

Do we have a cliffhanger detector? Yes indeed - me! I don't use 'em, but I know 'em when I see them!!! I'm always happy to point out cliffhangers in other people's stories, and I am also very happy, and very willing, to explain why anything in my stories that might be perceived as a cliffhanger really isn't one. Posted Image

My picture was in reference to MY bolded reference :P

C J a cliffhanger detector? Sounds like a fox guarding the hen house.

Hey now!!! Just because I don't use cliffhangers doesn't mean I can't spot them!

My picture was in reference to MY bolded reference Posted Image

Ah, but remember, it's not just me who labors to keep my stories cliffhanger-free. Part of the solemn duty of our team is to alert me to anything that could be construed as a cliffhanger, thus allowing me to fix it if, indeed, it's a possibly cliffy. So, there are many layers protecting against even the hint of a cliffhanger - I have full confidence that the team would spot any such thing.

CJ :)

it really is funny where people think there is a possibility of a cliffhanger, when in fact is only a (coughs) common plot twist, inducing suspense into a dramatic section of the storyline, in this case, EPIC storyline.

Edited by dadetroyer

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..