Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation (99+33) Tickling the Dragon's Tail

Tickling the Dragon's Tail is up. Posted Image

I'm posting this a few hours early due to a big thunderstorm heading my way.

The chapter should be up within 30 seconds of this post.

Also, I need to mention that there are increasing "time jumps" in recent chapters and coming ones; we don't see everything, nor every day. It's the final days of March 2007 in this chapter. Also bear in mind that in Australia, that makes it Fall due to their reversed seasons. :)

Thanks for the early posting of the latest chapter.

I am still not entirely clear why Trevor and Shane are in so much trouble with Bridget and the cartel. She is already a known drug runner and the cartel is not exactly unknown either. Sanchez is dead and he was clearly linked to drugs. The fact that several years ago her late husband was planning to use evidence to implicate her is well over and I don't get that the cartel finding out about that now (when she clearly took care of the problem with Arnold's death years ago) would still be a problem. So I'm missing something. What is on the asset list that is so damaging?

Hopefully, it will all be explained so that even those of us who read the story casually can figure it out.

Thanks for the early posting of the latest chapter.

I am still not entirely clear why Trevor and Shane are in so much trouble with Bridget and the cartel. She is already a known drug runner and the cartel is not exactly unknown either. Sanchez is dead and he was clearly linked to drugs. The fact that several years ago her late husband was planning to use evidence to implicate her is well over and I don't get that the cartel finding out about that now (when she clearly took care of the problem with Arnold's death years ago) would still be a problem. So I'm missing something. What is on the asset list that is so damaging?

Hopefully, it will all be explained so that even those of us who read the story casually can figure it out.

It's clarified in the next chapter, but it's a good point; I should have made the actual issue clearer.

The asset list is harmless to Bridget. It is however a lethal danger to Trevor and Shane if Bridget finds out it's been found .

The real issue for Bridget and the cartel is Arnold Bellevue's hidden tape. It discloses that Sanchez and Bridget, and claims the cartel knew and approved, were feeding the police info on rival cartels' operations in the US, allowing Bridget and Sanchez's people, such as Detective George Alfred, to advance their careers to gain positions that would yeild valuable info, as well as shutting down large parts of the rival cartels' operations. Are you familiar with the cartel wars in Mexico? The cartels there are at war with one another due to somewhat similar issues. (betrayals, etc)

What Bridget and Sanchez did was a literal act of war against the other cartels. That fact, plus with proof available that it went on for many years, until fairly recently, means it's a trigger for a war between the cartel Bridget is a member of (the table in Cali) and rival cartels. Bridget's cartel does not want a long and bloody war, so it's willing to do whatever it takes to get rid of that tape (and anyone who has seen it)

That tape is, and always has been, the real reason for Bridget's long-term interest in Ares, and thus Trevor's search for her.

:)

• Site Administrator

Thanks for the early posting CJ Posted Image

What a mean, mean, mean thing for you to do!

You bring up the secret compartment and all who know about it, Trevor, Shane, Julie, Dirk, Grundig, Ned and Uncle Greg..Benji has brought up the trustworthiness of Julie, and there is the possibility of them encountering her around Fiji, and then my suspicions of Grundig. I think he has already made a phone call to Graeme in Melbourne and will be expecting Trevor.

Next we have the Sat phone and them accessing the internet via it. I can't help to believe since it is through a provider in Australia that the National Police are monitoring it's use since I still think they don't 100% believe the guys story regarding Basingstoke.

Also we know you don't usually put 'fluff' in your stories, and that everything described has a purpose. So now I'm questioning why so much attention was put towards Trevor's car? Also the garlic crusher I still think has a pivotal role in this tale.

Joel and Lisa have screwed up so much by their ignorance, not as in a mean way but no other way to describe their actions thus far, but them going to the Bahamas for Spring Break is an ill omen for Trevor and Shane half way across the world.

I thought you had said things were going to start wrapping up? Yes, you have cleared up some of the long standing questions, but you are just posing more as we continue on :P

Evil, evil, evil Goat Posted Image

CJ: Thanks for this latest chapter.

I agree with 'wildone". Just as the story seems to be winding down, old issues come to light and are more complicated that any of us readers knew. So we'll just have to continue to be amazed week after week.

I too feel that the heavy emphasis on Trevor's old wreck and the garlic crusher seem to foretell more than average importance in the coming chapters....but how?

Thanks, C J!

I too feel that the heavy emphasis on Trevor's old wreck and the garlic crusher seem to foretell more than average importance in the coming chapters....but how?

Perhaps Trevor seeing the garlic crusher only served to remind him of his Indian Ocean ordeal...an unpleasant memory.

His (Shane's) eyes then fell on one particular piece of galley gear and, with an evil grin, he pulled Trevor’s garlic crusher from the cupboard. “We can’t forget this; Atlantis doesn’t have one,” he said, holding the garlic crusher – which Trevor so hated – out for him to glare at.

Edited by MikeL

Posted Image ...................That was a surprise to see the chapter up early, praise thunderstorms!! Posted Image Joel and Lisa are still using the guesthouse? Oh well, why not Bridget did give them the key. A problem I see is the upcoming visit to the Bahama's;

“Yeah, I’m going to send you that list via e-mail. It’s probably useless because it’s over a decade old. The file will be password protected… I’ll use your ATM PIN for the password. Be real careful while you’re there, okay? Don’t do anything risky,” Trevor replied. There were two items in the Bahamas on Bridget’s asset list. One of them was still under her control – for a very specific reason.

Hopefully, Gonzales will check it out first, because if Joel and Lisa go snooping we could have more deaths. Speaking of deaths, it is time Trevor's car met it's demise, I like the idea of the charity idea Bridget floated a while ago, but split it 50/50.

Trevor needs that garlic crusher or at least a photo of it for the cover of his book. Julie is mentioned again, hmmmmm?

Great chapter CJ, looking forward to more thunderstorms on Monday!! Posted Image

Guest Spittune

I agree with 'wildone". Just as the story seems to be winding down, old issues come to light and are more complicated that any of us readers knew. So we'll just have to continue to be amazed week after week.

Thanks, C J!

Just learned how to use the quote thingy. lol

The thought about the crusher occurred to me too. When I read about the crusher I immediately thought, "Why now?"

Thank CJ for the early posting. WinStuart you have a nice smilePosted Image

Thanks for the early posting CJ Posted Image

What a mean, mean, mean thing for you to do!

You bring up the secret compartment and all who know about it, Trevor, Shane, Julie, Dirk, Grundig, Ned and Uncle Greg..Benji has brought up the trustworthiness of Julie, and there is the possibility of them encountering her around Fiji, and then my suspicions of Grundig. I think he has already made a phone call to Graeme in Melbourne and will be expecting Trevor.

Next we have the Sat phone and them accessing the internet via it. I can't help to believe since it is through a provider in Australia that the National Police are monitoring it's use since I still think they don't 100% believe the guys story regarding Basingstoke.

Also we know you don't usually put 'fluff' in your stories, and that everything described has a purpose. So now I'm questioning why so much attention was put towards Trevor's car? Also the garlic crusher I still think has a pivotal role in this tale.

Joel and Lisa have screwed up so much by their ignorance, not as in a mean way but no other way to describe their actions thus far, but them going to the Bahamas for Spring Break is an ill omen for Trevor and Shane half way across the world.

I thought you had said things were going to start wrapping up? Yes, you have cleared up some of the long standing questions, but you are just posing more as we continue on Posted Image

Evil, evil, evil Goat Posted Image

But... Lisa and Joel are just heading off to the same place (the Bahamas) that Trevor and Shane want to move to when they return. While there, they want to see if they can find Bridget. What could possibly go wrong??

Lisa and Joel mean well, but yep, they are part of the title: "Tickling the Dragon's Tail". They just don't know it. :)

There aren't many chapters left... the story ends in August 2007.

But, me, evil??? What did I do?!?!? It's Bridget who is stirring up trouble, not me!

Thanks, C J!

Well, if Bridget attacks with garlic, Trevor will be able to utterly crush the attack. :)

And yep, there are some things that have been in place since the first chapters that are part of the last ones.

Perhaps Trevor seeing the garlic crusher only served to remind him of his Indian Ocean ordeal...an unpleasant memory.

It's ideal protection, if Atlantis is attacked by garlic.

Posted Image ...................That was a surprise to see the chapter up early, praise thunderstorms!! Posted Image Joel and Lisa are still using the guesthouse? Oh well, why not Bridget did give them the key. A problem I see is the upcoming visit to the Bahama's;

“Yeah, I’m going to send you that list via e-mail. It’s probably useless because it’s over a decade old. The file will be password protected… I’ll use your ATM PIN for the password. Be real careful while you’re there, okay? Don’t do anything risky,” Trevor replied. There were two items in the Bahamas on Bridget’s asset list. One of them was still under her control – for a very specific reason.

Hopefully, Gonzales will check it out first, because if Joel and Lisa go snooping we could have more deaths. Speaking of deaths, it is time Trevor's car met it's demise, I like the idea of the charity idea Bridget floated a while ago, but split it 50/50.

Trevor needs that garlic crusher or at least a photo of it for the cover of his book. Julie is mentioned again, hmmmmm?

Great chapter CJ, looking forward to more thunderstorms on Monday!! Posted Image

Ah, yes, the very specific reason. Well, we don't know what the reason is, so no need to worry. What could possibly go wrong?

We do find out the reason in the next chapter though.

Just learned how to use the quote thingy. lol

The thought about the crusher occurred to me too. When I read about the crusher I immediately thought, "Why now?"

Thank CJ for the early posting. WinStuart you have a nice smilePosted Image

Well, it had to be now; they were leaving Kookaburra behind. :)

**************************************************************************************

Okay, time to announce the next chapter title. It's a cheery, happy one; "Paved with Good Intentions".

• Site Moderator

So now I'm questioning why so much attention was put towards Trevor's car?

The car got me to thinking later on and I've already discussed this with CJ and I brought up these points. We know that Bridget bought the car and paid in tainted cash to Joel, that he was going to take with him at Christmas to give Trev. Joel gave Bridget the signed title. Considering what Bridget said she was going to use the car for, I don't think she transferred the title to her name. I don't think a receipt was made out, fortunate for Bridget as that would have linked the tainted money back to her. She didn't even ask for a receipt.

So does the car belong to Bridget or Trevor?

So does the car belong to Bridget or Trevor?

Trevor has possession of the car through his agent, Joel. He has a valid bill of sale and the current registration. Bridget has faked her own death. I think Trevor can drive the car or sell it again, whichever he wishes.

I think Trevor's car may be full of drugs, after all that's the reason Bridget bought the thing, wasn't it? To set up Joel and Lisa or something like that? Of course it may be full of gold for all we know. So many things have happened I am perfectly willing to think anything evil about Bridget. She never does anything without a reason. That asset list bothers me too. Posted Image

I think Trevor's car may be full of drugs, after all that's the reason Bridget bought the thing, wasn't it? To set up Joel and Lisa or something like that? Of course it may be full of gold for all we know. So many things have happened I am perfectly willing to think anything evil about Bridget. She never does anything without a reason. That asset list bothers me too. Posted Image

Posted Image ........................No drugs in Trevor's car, maybe trace elements put there by George, in his attempt to frame Trevor, Joel, Lisa and snare Bridget into it. They would have not released the car to Joel had they found anything, nah I think it is just a wrap-up. After all Bridget already paid $6,500 for it, really no need to sell it again, unless Ben wants it. Posted Image

aren't they soiling a police investigation???

isnt' "Tickling the Dragon's Tail" leading to a big fart!!

she;s too old to lay eggs ... she always offs the head of her offspring ... like a praying mantis

aren;t the boys worried they'll unleash her bad breath??

Edited by hh5

But, me, evil??? What did I do?!?!? It's Bridget who is stirring up trouble, not me!

Uh... CJ... are you saying that you didn't invent Bridget? That you purloined her persona from some other author? That she's plagiarized? Posted Image

Colin B)

Trevor has possession of the car through his agent, Joel. He has a valid bill of sale and the current registration. Bridget has faked her own death. I think Trevor can drive the car or sell it again, whichever he wishes.

Bridget had the title, and we can guess that it was still in her house when the house burned. So, to sell the car, Trevor would probably need to apply for a new copy of the title. And, Bridget could, seeing as how the paid for the car, sue for possession. She has yet to be convicted of anything, so her legal rights are still intact.

The car could very well be a legal issue in several ways. :-)

aren't they soiling a police investigation???

The police are done with both the car and the property, so they are okay there.

Going around the Bahamas snooping for Bridget... sort of. Looking for a fugitive is legal, but they are also withholding some evidence from the police.

Posted Image ........................No drugs in Trevor's car, maybe trace elements put there by George, in his attempt to frame Trevor, Joel, Lisa and snare Bridget into it. They would have not released the car to Joel had they found anything, nah I think it is just a wrap-up. After all Bridget already paid $6,500 for it, really no need to sell it again, unless Ben wants it. Posted Image

Bridget, via a representative, could theoretically sue for the return of either the car or the money. :)

The original plan by George Alfred was to plant drugs on Lisa and Joel and have them get arrested upon arrival in Australia. Bridget, however, saw through it; George was setting up Bridget to take the fall if things went bad, so she took him out to lunch - at the alligator farm.

And you're right - she never does anything without a reason. :)

Uh... CJ... are you saying that you didn't invent Bridget? That you purloined her persona from some other author? That she's plagiarized? Posted Image

Colin Posted Image

But... Bridget is just too forceful and domineering for anyone, me included, to tell her what to do!

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..