Less than a week to submit 2024 Anthology Entries ×

Another Milestone for Andy Murray

Bill W

Not just his first Major, but the first win at a Major for a British male since Fred Perry in 1936.

Please note: Since he has won, he is a Brit. If he had lost, he would be referred to as a Scot :lol:

That doesn't count. There was no Spike Miligan involved, and it wasn't haggis being batted back and forth. :P

Actually, somebody reminded me today that Mr. Williams would now have somebody to compare notes with - Judy Murray - as they are now the only people to have two children to have each won a grand slam.

I was SO pleased that Andy Murray won the U.S. Open. Just before the Olympics, I watched the episode of "Mock the Week" that he attended and was gratified that the comedians didn't rip the piss out of him! (I believe that's how you Brits would say it!) Thank God Frankie Boyle wasn't on there, eh? Oh, and Kudos to Private Tim for posting the Monty Python clip...blancmange!! :)

Andy is the first Brit to win a Grand Slam since 1066 ...

Just checked my sports pics archive and here's a picture of that historic match [sadly the loser lost his head] Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Zombie
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...