Gays dissing other gays

The_Round_One

Mike is so right on in his post. I am a 52 year old bisexual female, and I have a blast in chat. when i am not included, it is because the youngsters are already wrapped up in their music, new gadgets, whatever, but they always speak, and make me feel welcome. You just have to adhere to the atmosphere at the time.

• Like 2

Being one of the members in chat during the spell you were referring to, I can assure you that there was no hate behind the teasing we were doing to each other. That's what it was... teasing. Some people may not like that flavor of "locker room" banter, but many do.

Usually, people are picked on for 'self described issues'. For example, if someone one week says they think they're fat and going on a diet, and the next week talk about getting a 2nd donut. They're going to hear about that 2nd donut.

Some of us have gotten to that level of familiarity and comfort BECAUSE we've been there for each other in more serious times. We've dealt with cheating boyfriends, terrible parents, school troubles, financial problems, lost jobs, etc. When it's a serious topic (like even about writing/stories), GA Chat can be a nurturing environment.

Take Care®,

Vic - 44yo (the old, fat, pom,pom Posted Image carrying guy being discussed during that spell)

• Like 2

Vic - 44yo (the old, fat, pom,pom Posted Image carrying guy being discussed during that spell)

If your avatar is accurate, you don't get to use "fat," Vic. Well, maybe by gay club-rat standards, but not in reality. As I recall, someone was rather indulgently bemoaning a 36-inch waist. What I wouldn't give for that! So, yeah...anyway...

Hey Round One. Several posters have defended chat. I won't. It's not for everyone. Most of the time, I really can't get into it, but I'm a semi-reformed hermit. To me, it's like watching puppies playing, nipping at each other, most of the time. Sometimes, I like playing in the pile, and sometimes, I want to bite their muzzles. I used to wrestle with my nephews, too, but I'd let them win. My sister wouldn't have forgiven me for bloodying up the carpet with the little buggers.

If chat doesn't appeal, take a look at the forums. Read some of the stories. PM somebody who made you think. Fact is, there's a lot of diversity here, with plenty of things to spend some time doing, and some excellent folks.

I don't know what you witnessed in chat. It might have been anything. But it might have been taken out of context, and intended as humor.

For those immersed in social media, they sometimes don't consider that inflection and a smile don't always come across through the written word. I'd urge you to question, via PM, anyone who makes a degrading comment, to find out their intent. The person might not even realize...

Take care,

rustle

• Like 1

If your avatar is accurate, you don't get to use "fat," Vic. Well, maybe by gay club-rat standards, but not in reality. As I recall, someone was rather indulgently bemoaning a 36-inch waist. What I wouldn't give for that! So, yeah...anyway...

For the record, Vic used to be into running. Now he runs to the bakery for cupcakes and other treats...

Posted Image

• Like 1

• Site Administrator

I'm going to take the last word and close the topic. I think what needs to be said, has been. I do want to remind all members that the report feature is available if anyone feels threatened or abused on the site if they cannot resolve the issue with the other member(s). GA is meant to be inclusive to everyone and I hope we can continue to welcome anyone and everyone who wants to be a part of the site.

• Like 1