The Beatles

Zombie

Tomorrow it will be 50 years [5 Oct 1962] since "Love Me Do" launched The Beatles' recording career. The band was only together for another 8 years but their music had huge impact across the world, it has endured and seems likely to be around in another 50 years. Largely this is due to George Martin [the "fifth Beatle"] who signed them to Parlophone, even though he didn't really like their music at the time.

You might think you know all The Beatles songs, but do you? Here are three of my favourites Posted Image

Norwegian Wood [1965]

You've Got To Hide Your Love Away [1965]

Edited by Zombie

*Aaarrrrggh it won't let me post 3 media links so here's the third*

While My Guitar Gently Weeps [1968]

2002 live performance by Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, and George Harrison's son with Eric Clapton at the Concert for George

And finally, folks, if you play none of the above please please please click on this version of While My Guitar Gently Weeps played by the cutest Japanese guy on the tenor ukulele. It's incredible ....

So what are your favourites?

Edited by Zombie

Not a big Beatles fan but I like Penny Lane Posted Image (don't know how to post from youtube here Posted Image )

I tried..

PS: not a big Beatles fan but I have a John Lennon quote as a signature ;)

I must change it Posted Image

Edited by CM_

Not a big Beatles fan but I like Penny Lane Posted Image (don't know how to post from youtube here Posted Image )

Awww :hug: s

You right click on the video and select "copy video url"

and then just paste the link into the post, and it will display the video

• Like 1

I have a shirt of the Beatles. Not exactly sure why since they're cool and all but I've never really cared too much about them. But the shirt is cool...:D

Beatles bah!

[beach Boys - Surfin' Safari link]

The reality is both bands were big fans and admirers of each other Posted Image

Edited by Zombie

anyone seen the movie "Nowhere Boy"

A chronicle of John Lennon's first years, focused mainly in his adolescence and his relationship with his stern aunt Mimi, who raised him, and his absentee mother Julia, who re-entered his life at a crucial moment in his young life.

The Beatles defined my gneration and if you look at the diversity of the music they created, the helped to revolutionize the genre. The songs posted above were terrific, but I think their Sgt. Pepper album was the most amazing of all.

The Beatles defined my gneration and if you look at the diversity of the music they created, the helped to revolutionize the genre. The songs posted above were terrific, but I think their Sgt. Pepper album was the most amazing of all.

for honorable kung-fu Panda:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PgRznuRseA

The Beatles were right in my generation and Sheron is right, Come Together is great. But I really like about 2 dozen more including:

The following which starts out in B&W and goes to color:

And the answer to all your questions.....