Does love at first sight happen?

Yuki Winchestor

39 members have voted

1. 1. Does love at first sight happen?

• Definetly
    • Nope
    • Still wondering

Hopeless romantic? According to my other half, he's never known anyone be more cynical, bitter and twisted! Posted Image

Are you talking about my post above this? I need to make an urgent correct - I meant to say "which is why the hopeless romantic in me wants to believe in it." If you read my second paragraph, I did mention the thought does make sense from a...erm...romantic perspective, lol. I do believe in it though I don't know if it's actually real.

Hope that clears it out! Posted Image ...and your other half sounds...interesting. Posted Image

Edited by Warrior1

We'd all like to be romantics.. right? But it doesn't happen... Posted Image There could be an extreme attraction.. something there. Something you wish to grow on. But Love at first sight, just doesn't happen. Love takes time and it isn't spontaneous. Attraction may not even be the starting point. People can fall in love with people they aren't initially attracted to as well. Love though just happens with time and love needs to be a mutual feeling for it to be real. So it takes two people for love... otherwise it's just a crush/infatuation.

Edited by Krista

I believe it happens.

Did I think it was love at that moment? No. On the other hand, I can't name the moment I KNEW it was love. So maybe the seed was there, that very first night, that very first look. I like to think so anyway.

• Like 2

Are you talking about my post above this? <snip!>

Hope that clears it out! Posted Image ...and your other half sounds...interesting. Posted Image

Sometimes he's worse than a box of kittens - very cute, but ya got to keep putting them back in the box otherwise they're all over the place in no time! That's why I love him dearly. :)

Given there are billions of people alive today and billions more who have passed on, I bet that romantic love at first sight has actually happened more often than skeptics would believe.

The love parent's have for their children is usually at first sight and it's a good thing.

I only personally know of one person who "fell in love" at first sight of her husband and she worked five years to land him. They are now married for more than forty years. To this day he claims he didn't care for his wife the first several times they met and he certainly never expected to marry her, but as he got to know her, he came to appreciate her many talents, witty personality and her being really good with money. She is a fabulous cook, expert homemaker and wonderful mother and grandmother as well as being a very devoted wife.

• Like 1

my upstairs neighbor is proof ... they married instantly ... and have been married for over 60 years ... until death due them part

personally ... the magic ... doesn't seem to work as long as they do

• 1 month later...
Love at first sight does not exist because love doesn't exist.

:mellow: Sometimes I wonder about it myself. I mean I believe in non-romantic love of course. But...you my friend sound like you (as do many of us) have had your heart broken. As to this post...

I cannot fathom how LOVE vs LUST can happen at first sight. How can you love someone when

1) You don't know their name

2) Their favorite color

3) Their birthday

4) If they're a neo-Nazi or a child molestor

5) Furthermore, their moral/ethical character

6) Mutual likes? Dislikes? Things in common?

7) Political affiliations (I would NEVER date a man who's a Log Cabin Republican and if I find out after we started - dumped).

8) Whether they are part of some weird religious cult

9) Their family, because when you 'marry' him/her you marry their family too and god...pi$$y mother in laws can put a real strain on your relationship.

10) You only SEE their physical makeup. Even if you are going on pure shallowness...how do you know he/she doesn't just look like a Ferrari but drives like a Ford?

Edited by Zachary McGinness