Marvel vs. DC Whose your favorite?

Prince Duchess

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Marvel
    • DC

all superheroes are silly, so it really doesn't matter

I agree. Many "super"-heroes are written with abilities so powerful that it's pretty ridiculous. Superman and the X-men characters can get pretty... out there.

Batman and the Punisher are exceptions here. Both are completely human.

Batman has his toys and the Punisher has his training as a soldier.

That's one of the main reasons I like Batman--his superpowers aren't... supernatural. He's just a really smart fellow fortunate enough to be born to ridiculously-rich parents who were kind enough to get shot while he was still young, allowing him to focus his overwhelming angst at ebil baddies. His "superpowers" are just ability, genius, money, and technology--totally things I can get behind.

• 2 weeks later...

I honestly don't think I could pick between the two, both Marvel & DC have their special little something to drag me in.

Marvel has the X-Men, Bobby Drake/Ice Man, Jean Grey/Phoenix, Rouge, Wolverine... While DC has the Teen Titans (I prefer the Titans to Justice League idk why *cough cough* Robin *cough cough*) Raven, Dick Grayson/Robin, Kon-El/Superboy and it doesn't hurt that Young Justice's Robin is voiced by Jesse McCartney :D hehe 

If I HAD to choose however, I'd have to go with DC, just cause I'm a Robin fanatic, hehe thus the profile pic XD But I really enjoy them both.

• 2 weeks later...

"If you had a fight between Superman and the Hulk...."

Been down the road of arguing better or worse, each has their own interesting mystique. (In comparison, I prefer the hulk over Superman in terms of comic book storylines, especially after the last arc as Bruce Banner and Betsy Ross get back together :P )

Marvel has in most parts better general characters, but the bad guy of the week gets in the way of telling good character stories.

I like Batman, because of the DC animated series (90's version), not just the comic books. You actually get to learn how depressed and dark Batman can be in the cartoon, plus his rogues are multi dimensional and you can feel for their angst like Mr. Freeze was just out to save his wife, but he was thwarted and went on a path of revenge. A good villain, other than a Heath Ledger Joker sociopath, needs to be well rounded and motivated. If you the viewer or reader starts rooting for the villain, then the writer has succeeded in drawing out a good character.

I like Batman because he's just a guy. A guy with more money than most small countries, apparently, but still... I think it's too easy if you're born with your superpowers!

But I have to go for Marvel because of Spider-Man. A guy that can creep in through your tenth floor window in the middle of the night - uh, we all know where I'm going here so let's not go there. I also like Santa Claus for the same reason.

Although I have to say, my (off-topic) one true love is and always will be - Dredd. He is the Lore.

• 4 weeks later...

DC!! I've walked away from Marvel many times...right now I read a few books from the (Young Avengers & Hickman's Avengers), but I hate Brian Michael Bendis...he is the most over-rated writer in all of comics...so long as Marvel gives him so much power, I'll stick with DC...Been a Batman, Robin, Nightwing freak since birth...I'll take the Justice League over the Avengers any day...