The Sound of Music Live

methodwriter85

Did anyone else catch it? It was pretty cool to see a live musical broadcasted on network T.V.

My favorite song from Sound of Music has always been 16 going on 17...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GJXEr6FAq4&feature=share

Man, where were 17-year old guys with faces and voices like that when I was 16? This Rolf was suuuucccchhhh an upgrade over the movie one. He looks like a skinny, live-action version of Gaston from Beauty and the Beast.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1

The production values were first rate.  The two actors in the scene portrayed did fine.  The singing was fine.  Unfortunately, the acting by Carrie and that done by the actor who portrayed the captain seemed a little wooden.  

However, it remains a wonderful story with wonderful songs.  

MikeL is right, we used to see topnotch live performances on television specials that were really mesmerizing even through the low definition picture.  

Edited by Daddydavek
  • Like 1

I think it's highly unfair to compare a live action show to the movie, where they could redo anything they didn't like.  For being live, I thought they did a remarkable job, with no major flubs, and it was nice to see a revival of the live action plays/musicals, such as they stage on 50s television.  It was like going to the theater without having to leave the comfort of your favorite chair. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I thought it was really unfair to compare it to the movie. It's a live performance which means you have exactly one shot to get it right. The only flub I ever noticed was Liesel saying, "May I have my first taste of champagne? No?" Which should have been, "Yes?" Everyone in that product clearly put 200 percent into it, and I hope the fact that 18.5 million people watched it means that NBC will try this again.

I didn't like it. The acting was flat and emotionless. And I thought most of the singing was bad. Especially the choral music.

You gotta admit though, Adam...Rolf was hot. And a good singer. And really hot.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1

then it doesn't hurt when he chooses sides n not the girl when looked thru g-pov

lol, in a gay sound of music ... would the oldest boy be too young for rolf?

You gotta admit though, Adam...Rolf was hot. And a good singer. And really hot.