Peter O'Toole has died

Tomas

Peter O'Toole Dead: 'Lawrence of Arabia' Actor died Saturday in London after a long illness At 81.

"O'Toole was nominated for eight Academy Awards for his roles in "Lawrence of Arabia," "Becket" (1964), "The Lion In Winter" (1968), "Goodbye, Mr. Chips" (1969), "The Ruling Class" (1972), "The Stunt Man" (1980), "My Favorite Year" (1982) and "Venus" (2006). He allegedly holds the record...

yaaa but maybe too young (or not even born) to attend the parties at hearst castle

I've never heard of this guy until today, but apparently he was a total badass playboy in his day, or so my dad tells me.

I've never heard of this guy until today, but apparently he was a total badass playboy in his day, or so my dad tells me.

ARE YOU SERIOUS?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DUDE, educate yourself right now! Please! Rent Becket, and settle in. I recommend you cultivate an appreciation of great acting. (I would recommend Laurence of Arabia, but it's a very long film, and most young folks don't have the patience for it.)

Edited by rustle

I agree with Rustle.   Peter O'Toole was a charismatic actor and his performances in both 'Lawrence of Arabia' and 'Becket' were great.   Richard Burton also stars in 'Becket' and both gave stellar performances.  He did star in the 'Lion in Winter' but that movies' greatest actor was Kate Hepburn.  

well i've only seen two movies Peter O'Toole played in...

Larence of Arabia, and What's new Pussy Cats...

he really wasn't that famious except for Laurence of Arabia.

Which made him almost a house hold name...

O'Toole appeared in 34 stage plays, 64 films and 26 TV shows.

He was the only actor to have been nominated for 8 Academy Awards and never won one, although he won many other awards during his career. He was one of very few who was nominated for playing the same character in two different films. Henry II in "Becket" and "Lion in Winter".

His role as T.E. Lawrence in "Lawrence of Arabia" was surely the role that brought him to the public's attention and "What's New Pussycat" was not, by a long shot, one of his best films, but I guess if you discount everything else that made up his career he wasn't famous.

• Like 1

O'Toole appeared in 34 stage plays, 64 films and 26 TV shows.

He was the only actor to have been nominated for 8 Academy Awards and never won one, although he won many other awards during his career. He was one of very few who was nominated for playing the same character in two different films. Henry II in "Becket" and "Lion in Winter".

His role as T.E. Lawrence in "Lawrence of Arabia" was surely the role that brought him to the public's attention and "What's New Pussycat" was not, by a long shot, one of his best films, but I guess if you discount everything else that made up his career he wasn't famous.

I don't think he should have won an oscar; it would have lessen the prestige he had for his numerous nominations. I'm not saying this a fact, but more of my personal opinion. He was already a winner by his nominations alone. And I think he wasn't famous because I think his life changing movie career peaked when was Laurence of Arabia, which is by far the most famous of the movies he had done. If they had social media sites flaunting like hawks in his time, or the fascination with celebrities to have graced in his decade marketed and spread by the internet, he would 'I think' be a Johnny Depp of his time. With a beautiful face like his, I doubt it that no one would dare recognise him.

(He is simply too beautiful.)

mw08745.jpg

(And his eyes are like the bluest of blues I've seen of any actor to date. Such fierceness in his eyes marked by the gentleness of his chosen expression. Too splendid not for anyone not to be spellbound by his beauty.)

peter_otoole.jpg

Edited by Henry_Henry2012