[dkstories] Publishing Do Over & Redux?

I was wondering if when you finish Redux will you be planning on publishing it? I would like VERY much to buy a copy of it. It is an AWESOME story and i really would like to have a book version of it.

Thanks -- Brax

This would be a possibility (ie it is something I've considered). there would be some name changes since it would be in print (mostly last names, not first names). The biggest consideration for me would be if I could at least recover the cost involved with printing. Right now, after being on sale for a month, Shapers Chronicles has only recovered 1/10 of the cost of putting it out there. It's the beginning of the year, a time when sales are traditionally slow so I'm not going to draw any conclusion yet, but if we haven't recovered cost on that book after six months of sales (end of June) I doubt I'll be putting any other works up for sale.

(especially since for future published works I want to have original cover art of much better quality and to do that it's going to add at least another $300 to the cost of the books making it necessary to have sales of about two hundred units at full royalty to break even, or four units at Amazon/B&N royalty).

Of all my writings, Mists of Fate has proven to be the most popular and without decent sales for that, I'm somewhat hesitant to put anything else out there. Like I said though, it's still early and I still have yet to get the covers uploaded to Amazon and some other things to help advertise so I'm not making any final decisions yet. If things DO work out, I'd eventually want to publish Dawn of Tears as well as the Do Over series (Dawn of Tears is the second most popular work)

I would definitely like to have copies of DO & DOR to give to friends. The concept is one that peaks the interest of most people. After all, who doesn't know a person that has thought, "If I only knew then what I know now..." and that, for me, is the gist of the story.

• 1 month later...
I would do my best to be first in line for DO & DOR,

You'd have to compete with me then.

I really want the book, the object in my bookshelf. I love sci-fi and fantasy but oddly I like very few authors (I don't like Lovecraft and Bradburry, sue me). But the DO serie ? Geez, I'd even like to translate it !