Great chapter. I think theres no denying that Luke likes Rory now, the way Seth said it made it seem like the most obvious conclusion in the world, which I suppose it was if your not an SRITE...guilty. BUT, maybe Rory is just a crush and there is someone else he really really likes. Maybe the one dude is right when he said Aaron. Its possible this is SRITE denial, but I can still hope. Also, maybe I'm just a morbid person, but the goodbye Aaron gave Rory seem so final. I hope he really is going on vacation, and isn't planning on trying to kill himself or something like that. But I'm sure I'm simply reading too much into things.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YES!!! its out there now, LUKE likes RORY!!!! WOOT!! i can just imagine the look of disbelief and complete disgust with himself as he realizes what an idiot he is :) but omg poor Seth :( but YAY Luke and Rory belong together, maybe they'll have an open relationship with Seth :devil: /pant /fantasy /drool. doubtful, because wether or not he denies it, Dom is a romantic at heart and is all for hooking up the soulmates :2thumbs: NOW i have to wait til 32 :sheep:

hey, thats some demented plot twisting. i like!!! :2thumbs:

I used to be LRITE but no longer care who Rory ends up with. Seth or Luke it just doesn't matter. The way Dom writes these characters no matter how it turns out I know I will smile and say "yep, it ended just the way it should have".

One thing that I can see breaking up Rory and Seth is Rory leaving. Rory has no reason to leave but I think that he is just too sutbborn not to. He has had it in his head since he got there that he was going home and has so far refused to consider any other option. Seth knows that he is leaving but we do not know if he realizes that it is by choice.

Oh, and just for the record I HATE cliffhangers. The only reason I can see to use them is to get folks to come back and Dom is the last author that needs to worry about that.

I knew it!! I knew it as soon as Rory said that he was going to ask Seth who Luke might like!!! I knew it!!!

It's clear that Luke's crush on Rory, like most things in the world, was blindingly obvious to everyone but Rory.

LRITEs rejoice. Rory has seen the light. Now, as much a I like Seth, and I do, he needs to get out of the way. SOON! He's a nice guy, but he and Rory aren't soulmates. Luke and Rory will be together in the end.

Rory's going to go home. Seth's going to get another BF. Rory will come back and get with Luke. It's been written in the stars since the dawn of time.

Edited by hi_college_guy
I thought this was hilarious, because Luke's situation reminds me of a conversation Ross and Joey had in Season 1 ("The One With The Blackout" for any Friends buffs out there). Ross was telling Joey that he was interested in Rachel, but Joey said he'd waited too long and now he was in the "Friend Zone." Ross tried to deny it, but Joey told him, "you're the mayor of the Zone."

Luke didn't make his move, so Rory is with Seth and thinks of Luke as a friend. Luke's the mayor of the Zone!

Words of wisdom for all of you L**TE's who are still in denial. Luke has new duties as the mayor, and he doesn't have time to try to use his underhanded tactics to try to break up Seth and Rory...besides, Rory deserves more than Luke, a convicted car thief. Seth= Luke x 13465323.

Words of wisdom for all of you L**TE's who are still in denial. Luke has new duties as the mayor, and he doesn't have time to try to use his underhanded tactics to try to break up Seth and Rory...besides, Rory deserves more than Luke, a convicted car thief. Seth= Luke x 13465323.

I can't believe that in multiple threads you're acting like Aaron's confessed actions have anything to do with Luke. If anybody's responsible for Aaron's actions, let's not forget who pointed out Rory as a target.

Seth's the rebound guy, Luke's the soulmate.

Words of wisdom for all of you L**TE's who are still in denial. Luke has new duties as the mayor, and he doesn't have time to try to use his underhanded tactics to try to break up Seth and Rory.
Nah, Luke's not in denial. He's perfectly aware of the fact that Dave's straight....
I can't believe that in multiple threads you're acting like Aaron's confessed actions have anything to do with Luke. If anybody's responsible for Aaron's actions, let's not forget who pointed out Rory as a target.

Seth's the rebound guy, Luke's the soulmate.

Was Luke driving the stolen car??? Yes.

Did Luke break into houses with Aaron??? Yes.

Was Luke convicted in a court of law??? Yes.

Is Rory sbeing swept off his feet by Seth's giving nature and selflessness??? Yes.

Luke's the friend, Seth's the boyfriend.

I don't know. I think Rory will spend the first half of the next chapter being in denial of Seth's statement. Than the rest of the chapter deciding if there is any truth to it and will be avidly watching Luke to see if there are any clues.

I'm not sure if anything would ever come of it though. As of now Rory is leaving, and there isn't much time left for him to suddenly drop Seth and get with Luke. At least not with how good Rory and Seth's relationship is going now. It would take something major for there to be a change in relationship status.

Was Luke driving the stolen car??? Yes.

Did Luke break into houses with Aaron??? Yes.

Was Luke convicted in a court of law??? Yes.

Is Rory sbeing swept off his feet by Seth's giving nature and selflessness??? Yes.

Luke's the friend, Seth's the boyfriend.

See response in Aaron thread.

I don't know. I think Rory will spend the first half of the next chapter being in denial of Seth's statement. Than the rest of the chapter deciding if there is any truth to it and will be avidly watching Luke to see if there are any clues.

I'm not sure if anything would ever come of it though. As of now Rory is leaving, and there isn't much time left for him to suddenly drop Seth and get with Luke. At least not with how good Rory and Seth's relationship is going now. It would take something major for there to be a change in relationship status.

Like I've been saying all along, Rory and Seth will go their seperate ways when Rory leaves. Rory will come back, Seth will have a BF, and Rory and Luke will get together and live happily ever after.

Though, I must admit I'm anxious to see the alone time experienced during the vacation.

OMG, I absolutely love that story. Now it more and more like my friends, were always at eachother throats. Whats sad is that I'm slowly starting to relate to Aaron and its pissing me off. But its the best, I've known how it feels to lose everything the way he did. Friends turning against eachother and chosing side like Aaron's been through. But at the same time, I think he's going to make up for it soon. He's trying obviously to change his ways and I find myself happy that he had at least said 'goodbye' to rory. I know thats the only way he could possibly say his 'sorry'. I liked that.

As for Luke...YAY, i knew it was going to come out sooner or later. It was obvious, but I don't think Rory is that f**ked up and that he would leave his boyfriend, for Luke. Luke may have a crush on him, but he's very good at hiding it. Hopefully this Jole guy can jump in and take his infatuation. If he doesn't, we haven't had a fight in this story yet, have we?

btw, i remember seeing somewhere someone had LRITE avatars, i cant be bothered going thru the hundreds of posts again, can someone link it? lol. pwetty pwease?

Hey Lashrac! Welcome to the forum, glad you decided to post :) ....here's the info you were looking for:

hello again, everyone.

since there was such a high demand for my avatar, i decided to make a couple more so you all can choose which one you'd like to use! (yeah, i'm a geek).

here's mine:

IPB Image

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/boyx...lover/lrite.gif

and here are a few more:

IPB Image

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/boyx...ver/thidiot.gif

IPB Image

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/boyx...ver/inlove2.gif

IPB Image

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/boyx...over/lrite2.gif

feel free to use whichever one you want. be sure to click on the URL underneath the avatar so you'll get the full URL...otherwise it won't work.

chris

I think Rory's actually getting likeable now, hehe, he kinda makes me think of a male version of Rachel from Friends, like a little bit spoiled at first but slowly becoming more aware of other people, and also just a little blonde acting :D .

I think I'm going to stop trying to predict where I want the story to go. I'll just sit back and trust Dom to take me where I want to go - even though I don't know where that is yet.

I thought this was hilarious, because Luke's situation reminds me of a conversation Ross and Joey had in Season 1 ("The One With The Blackout" for any Friends buffs out there). Ross was telling Joey that he was interested in Rachel, but Joey said he'd waited too long and now he was in the "Friend Zone." Ross tried to deny it, but Joey told him, "you're the mayor of the Zone."

Luke didn't make his move, so Rory is with Seth and thinks of Luke as a friend. Luke's the mayor of the Zone!

Anyway...can't wait this Chapter 32!

I love the Friends analogy, and I agree with you two. And Luke is SO mayor of the zone!

LMAO!!

Tim, I think you have come up with the only solution that might make the SRITE and the LRITE groups happy. SRLITE! Perhaps, all three are each others soulmates and the three will live happily/sexually (drool!!) together--otherwise LRITE!!!!!!! lol

:thumbdown: I don't like that idea at all :angry:

I bet Rory in his wildest dreams would never have thought two HOT guys would both want him (make that three if Aaron was honest when he said that he really did like Rory) ... I mean, how lucky can one kid get?!

Well if you think about he'd be much luckier if it was just one really teriffic guy, Seth OR Luke, who was interested in him. It would make things alot easier and he wouldn't have to worry about hurting anyone, or sorting out his feelings. And Aaron was just obviously bad for him anyway, so I that's not really lucky either.

I think Rory will stay with Seth and not move from Phoenix, AZ but who knows Dom may throw a curve ball at us and change the whole thing.

As long as it's Dom who throws the curve ball and not Eddie :unsure:

One thing I noticed is that Corey (Aaron's younger brother) sort of popped up again ... perhaps he'll have more of a role to play in future chapters ... maybe if Luke can't have Rory, he'll go for Corey (a much better choice than Aaron, IMO, and that would certainly piss off Aaron!)

Interesting theory, but if Cody does play a greater role in the story, I can't see it being as Luke's love interest. I mean isn't he considerably younger than Luke?

On the ethical level Aaron appears to be a great candidate for hard love, but I don
Edited by AFriendlyFace

Thanx Afriendlyface! :) thats just what i was looking for. although, when u quoted the links, you only quoted the ...'s on the URLs, lol, but i managed to work around that by looking at the link of one of the other avatars ppl have up already :P

OMG, if Dom starts the next chapter with "Just kidding!" im gonna have a heart attack or maybe throw my monitor out the window :P but then i guess i'd just have to get a new one (not too bad, i can finally go for an LCD then :P ) so that i can finish reading the rest of the chapter :blink:

<--- Skipped over the entire thread so he could get back to his schoolwork BEFORE going back to bed (woke up at noon, went to class, came back, went back to bed, woke up at dinner time, watched Waiting with another guy on the floor, then discovered DD31 was up... grrr I go no work done because of that!)

Anyway, it is very clear that the LRITE's have absolutely no hope. Luke likes Rory (since Seth doesn't lie), but Luke isn't the one Rory is falling for. Likewise Seth is clearly falling for Rory, as all of Rory's insecurities are clearly mutual. I also love Seth to death, and if he was a real person and Rory left him for Luke, I would punch Rory in the throat and then ask Seth if he wants to "dance". :devil:0:)

Anyway, it is very clear that the LRITE's have absolutely no hope. Luke likes Rory (since Seth doesn't lie), but Luke isn't the one Rory is falling for. Likewise Seth is clearly falling for Rory, as all of Rory's insecurities are clearly mutual. I also love Seth to death, and if he was a real person and Rory left him for Luke, I would punch Rory in the throat and then ask Seth if he wants to "dance". :devil:0:)

I don't see this chapter as dashing our hopes at all. If anything it has some hope.

It could have gone better. Seth wasn't jeajous at all, unfortunately an aspect of a functional relationship. It would have been better better if instead of going like this:

"Luke said something before, like... he likes someone, you know? I'm just trying to figure out who it is. Do you have any ideas?"

Seth laughed from behind me. "You mean other than you?"

it went like this:

"Luke said something before, like... he likes someone, you know? I'm just trying to figure out who it is. Do you have any ideas?" Seth tensed and hissed out. "You mean other than you?" Seth grabbed my arm and dragged me behind a tree and began to beat me. Luckily, Luke showed up and got rid of Seth and kissed me.

The End

That would have been much better...you know, assuming it was written by a talented author and not me..

I don't see this chapter as dashing our hopes at all. If anything it has some hope.

It must be nice to live in an alternate universe, where reality and facts have no bearing on eachother :lol: ........the LR**E movement is soon to be a distant memory, like the music carreer of Will Smith :music::music::music::music:

It must be nice to live in an alternate universe, where reality and facts have no bearing on eachother :lol: ........the LR**E movement is soon to be a distant memory, like the music carreer of Will Smith :music::music::music::music:

OK, I know a lot of the LRITES are going to be upset after this chapter, but Luke said it best.....Rory would try to talk some sense into him for crushing on Dave....or could it be that he got into some of Rory's childhood pictures and saw a certain someone in them who grabbed his eye and tickled his fancy???

Luke has evil born into him, from the moment his mother gave birth to him when she was buying a pack of corn nuts out of the vending machine in the trailer park laundry mat.....his dad's in prison, and that's where he'll go someday.

Yes, it's nice for US, to ignore facts, and while we're looking up old quotes of Nick's:

OMG, I think Aaron is SUCH a punk. I hope Luke punches him in the nose and wins Rory from him :2hands:

I hope no one dies in the story, but if anyone dies, I bet it's grandma Alice, and now Rory has to stay in Arizona.

And

Aaron is a master manipulator at getting what he wants. Luckily, Loyal Luke will be there to pick up the pieces when Aaron really screws over Rory. Luke has show his unconditional love/like of Rory.

/

I agree with you 51324243573546854357615765468 zillion %

I just thought those were fun to read.

........the LR**E movement is soon to be a distant memory, like the music carreer of Will Smith :music::music::music::music:

I have to admit, despite it's complete lack of truth, it did make me chuckle.

LRITEs rejoice. Rory has seen the light. Now, as much a I like Seth, and I do, he needs to get out of the way. SOON! He's a nice guy, but he and Rory aren't soulmates. Luke and Rory will be together in the end.

Ditto. My faith in the LRITE cause has been restored. I really hope Dom isn't setting us all up coz it's gonna hurt if my hopes get crushed again.

Wynter

Yes, it's nice for US, to ignore facts, and while we're looking up old quotes of Nick's:

And

/

I agree with you 51324243573546854357615765468 zillion %

I just thought those were fun to read.

I have to admit, despite it's complete lack of truth, it did make me chuckle.

The problem with your references to my old posts is that those were before Seth was considered to be someone we liked.....when he first appeared, he was a shadowy figure who we thought was trying to keep Rory away from Aaron, and I admit I didn't like him very much back then.

But we all know the truth about Seth now, and whether the LR**E's can face it or not, he's been the hero so far in Dessert Dropping....who else can you say has lived up to his standards??? Certainly not Luke the convicted car thief :sheep::sheep::sheep:

After reading DD for a while :read: , I've finally got around to registering on the forums :) .

In the early chapters I was hoping for a Luke/Rory ending, but as the story has progressed their relationship has lent more towards family/close friends than anything else and somehow it would be weird if they started seeing each other.

Seth :boy: and Rory are good together and apart from Rory's departure at the end of the summer, they haven't had any serious problems that they haven't talked to each other about, so their relationship can't really be called 'immature'.

There's always the possibility Seth is Wrong/Joking.

It looks like no matter who Rory ends up with, about half of the readership is going to be incredibly disappointed, unless Dom is really, really creative and can somehow find a way to make *everyone* happy ... but, Dom is a fantastic writer, not necessarily a magician or god. :blink:

Personally, I would *love* for Rory and Luke to be together in the end, but even I am having very serious doubts. Despite the fact that Luke obviously likes Rory, and wants to spend long hours cuddling him in bed, gently kissing his soft lips, running his hands gently through his short, spiky hair, kneading Rory's soft butt cheeks with his strong hands, whispering sweet nothings into his ear about love, committment, etc. ... however, there are no signs that there are any problems in Rory and Seth's relationship ... even the Aaron/jealousy issue has been worked out, and Aaron is pretty much out of the picture for the time being. So, my hope is fading fast ... going, going, going ........ **sigh**