• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't really come up with any stimulating commentary right now, but that was a REALLY good chapter ... definitely worth the wait! :2thumbs:

The whole thing with Aaron was really fascinating, and I felt like in some ways, the reader was finally allowed inside of Aaron's head, albeit based mostly on Seth's explanations and Rory's own insights (since the story is told in first-person narrative and all). I even found myself feeling sorry for Aaron, since I've known quite a few guys just like him.

And ... Seth really is a nice guy ... a really, really sweet guy. But, this whole "Luke thing" could potentially (probably?) turn into a big issue ... I was a bit surprised that Seth told Rory that Luke likes him so matter-of-factly, as if it didn't bother Seth (if I was Seth, I'd be jealous as hell of Luke), but not surprised at all that Rory had no clue. However, despite still being quite dense, I think this chapter continued to show Rory's growth as a person, something that has been consistent throughout the whole story ... his gradual growth as a person, and Dom has written it all so well and in great detail. You really feel like you're inside Rory's head, seeing through his eyes, sort of like his unconscious conscience (if that makes any sense).

I've thought before that I'd like to read a story by Dom that is NOT in the first-person narrative, but I think DD is best told from that point of view. However, I would suggest that Dom try third-person narrative at another story in the future, because it's more difficult to write that way, but it would also be a good "test" of Dom's writing skills (and I'm sure he could do it well).

Anyway, that's a longer commentary than I planned on making, but this was a really good chapter, and like I said, well worth the wait ... I just hope we don't have to wait that long for Ch. 32, because the "Luke cliffhanger" is going to drive me INSANE!!!

nooo, u all beat me to it :P i was blindly hitting refresh all night and suddenly saw it but u all posted b4 me :thumbdown:

OMG FINALLY! could it be!? is Seth right? is it really Rory he likes? woooohoooo!! :2thumbs:

we LRITEs have some hope to cling to for a while more, until Dom so cruelly wrenches it from us, and he better not :P

btw, new to the forums...if u count lurking for the last few months new :P but been reading Dom stories for a while since i first found them on nifty and then found my way to his website. sometimes being able to read fast is not a blessing, cant make the stories last long enough :P always wanting more! :blink: do i count as a Domaholic if im refreshing the DD page over 50 times a day? :D

btw, i remember seeing somewhere someone had LRITE avatars, i cant be bothered going thru the hundreds of posts again, can someone link it? lol. pwetty pwease?

so who thinks Rory is gonna get his knickers in a twist now that he's been enlightened by Seth as to who Luke's crush is? i was really hoping Luke would do something interesting when he snuck into Rory's room, or that maybe they spent the night in bed together :P

DOM RULES! :worship: LRITE always! altho, Seth is a nice guy for Rory, just that i was on the LRITE bandwagon while i was reading b4 Seth was even around :D

Actually ... this could end up being worse drama than the Rory/Aaron thing ... at first, I thought Rory would probably go into denial about Luke liking him, and just brush it off ... but he didn't do that when Luke pointed out to Rory that Seth liked him. So now, the only questions are 1) will Rory confront Luke about it? (very unlikely), and 2) how is this going to affect Rory's relationship with Luke, his relationship with Seth, and his own emotional well-being? I can just smell the potential drama ...... Aaron's out of the picture for the rest of the summer, Dave's gotten Angela to go out with him, Rory's cruising along well with Eddie ... and now that the Luke/Rory/Seth thing has come to a head, I think this is gonna be the main dramatic plot line until Rory makes his decision about whether to stay in Arizona or go back to Nevada (although there will most likely be some other drama between Rory, Eddie, and Grandma Alice there too). Wooohoooo! :D

Yup. Another excellent chapter.

So... It looks like the Luke & Rory theorists might be right, though that begs the question how will Rory deal with the three way conflict.

He won't go back, he has to stay... Grandmother or not his life has changed, and I don't think he'll get back in the closet.

Oh why the cliff hanger? I hate cliff hangers! :)

wow..another great chapter!

From the way the story is progressing, it looks like things are going to be strong between rory and seth.Everything about them both appeared to be sweet and perfect so far <_< . To tell the truth, i am kinda sad. :( Right from the beginning, i have been hoping for rory and luke to be together. i guess it's kinda hard for this to happen now UNLESS dom really makes some major turn and twist to the story. :blink: And since i think that most probably dom isn't planning another 30 chaps or so for DD, i really think .....................

we do need a miracle

cheers

tarantio

Edited by tarantio

Ok, everyone, let's not feign surprise or disappointment when Dom ends a chapter with a cliffhanger. Dom has more cliffhangers than Planters has peanuts. It's what he does. He's the ultimate cliffhanger artist. The Master! :worship: Frankly, I get concerned when he doesn't end with a cliffhanger. I'm thinking, "Maybe Dom's not feeling well?"

Here's my tongue-in-cheek prediction on DD - Rory will decide to go back to his Grandma's place. Eddie will be so overcome with guilt for not being there for Rory that he will move back with him. Now Alice may be meanspirited, controlling and self-absorbed, but it turns out she's really hot - sort of like a Tina Turner. Eddie ends up marrying Alice after she begs him to let her have his baby. So in the end, Rory doesn't get a boyfriend, but he gets a brother-uncle. :lmao: Of course, there will be 3 cliffhanger-ending chapters before Dom actually lets us know what the baby's gender is.

Super job, Dom! So where's 32??? :wub:

Hugs,

Conner :boy:

Here's my tongue-in-cheek prediction on DD - Rory will decide to go back to his Grandma's place. Eddie will be so overcome with guilt for not being there for Rory that he will move back with him. Now Alice may be meanspirited, controlling and self-absorbed, but it turns out she's really hot - sort of like a Tina Turner. Eddie ends up marrying Alice after she begs him to let her have his baby. So in the end, Rory doesn't get a boyfriend, but he gets a brother-uncle. :lmao: Of course, there will be 3 cliffhanger-ending chapters before Dom actually lets us know what the baby's gender is.

Super job, Dom! So where's 32??? :wub:

Hugs,

Conner :boy:

OMG...i think i just wasn't expecting DD to be a horror story. :lmao:

Loves it!!! Great chapter Dom, I can't wait for the next one as always :D I think Rory's actually getting likeable now, hehe, he kinda makes me think of a male version of Rachel from Friends, like a little bit spoiled at first but slowly becoming more aware of other people, and also just a little blonde acting :D . I can just imagine him almost falling off the bench after seth's revelation, hehe.

Edited by BoyNeedsTherapy

This is an excellent chapter -- so full of emotion and understanding. There was a lot of growth in this chapter. I love Seth -- he is my favorite character, and I hope that Dom arranges it so that he and Rory end up together.

I honestly have been wondering if the person Luke is obsessing about is Aaron! I know that sounds completely daft, and the evidence against that proposition is so much greater than the evidence for it. But a couple of dropped lines in the last two chapters got me wondering. In Ch. 30 Luke says to Rory that if he told Rory who "it" is, the only person Rory would try talking sense into was Luke. Luke has every reason to hate Aaron, and has even confronted Aaron in anger, I know, but in every single case it has been to protect Rory. Then in this chapter Luke says "You know it

:,( OMG I am heart broken. OH the Pain. It was a wonderful chapter, but I am so sad now. The fact that Seth sees it obviously means that it is probably true. And I cant help but be sad now. I like Luke alot . And I think that Rory and him would be great together. But I like Seth to . It would have been so much easier if Lukes crush would have been Dave or even that other guy, but if it is actually Rory, then I am heart broken because one of the guys that I like so much is bound to get hurt, and that is just sad. Like I said before I wont mind rory being with Seth or Luke. But I don't want Seth or Luke to get hurt. :unsure:

I dont think that Grandma Alice is going to die for the simple reason that this story is alot about Rory and Learning about himself , making choices, and getting through the past to move forward. And I think if Grandma Alice were to die that it would be an easy way out for Rory. And as we all see Rory never has anything easy. but thats my opinion. I could be wrong.

Aaron what can I say about Aaron, I still think he is an A** but I can't help but beleive he was seriouse when he said that he had liked Rory. And like Rory and Seth I kinda do feel sorry for him. Ya he brought all of this on himself, and deserves what he gets. I just hope that he changes,l I don't want him with Luke Rory or Seth, but I do hope he changes, and gets to be happy. But he's still an A**. :)

And finaly like I said before I love Seth and Rory together, but I would also love Luke and Rory together. :unsure: (Drowning in missery) :D

Well dom other than the pain in my chest, that was a wonderful chapter. I can't wait to see what happens.Your great.

Much Love to you all. :hug:

Tiff - OTRFK

Edited by OTRFK
I honestly have been wondering if the person Luke is obsessing about is Aaron! I know that sounds completely daft, and the evidence against that proposition is so much greater than the evidence for it. But a couple of dropped lines in the last two chapters got me wondering. In Ch. 30 Luke says to Rory that if he told Rory who "it" is, the only person Rory would try talking sense into was Luke. Luke has every reason to hate Aaron, and has even confronted Aaron in anger, I know, but in every single case it has been to protect Rory. Then in this chapter Luke says "You know it

YES!!! its out there now, LUKE likes RORY!!!! WOOT!! i can just imagine the look of disbelief and complete disgust with himself as he realizes what an idiot he is :) but omg poor Seth :( but YAY Luke and Rory belong together, maybe they'll have an open relationship with Seth :devil: /pant /fantasy /drool. doubtful, because wether or not he denies it, Dom is a romantic at heart and is all for hooking up the soulmates :2thumbs: NOW i have to wait til 32 :sheep:

YES!!! its out there now, LUKE likes RORY!!!! WOOT!! i can just imagine the look of disbelief and complete disgust with himself as he realizes what an idiot he is :) but omg poor Seth :( but YAY Luke and Rory belong together, maybe they'll have an open relationship with Seth :devil: /pant /fantasy /drool. doubtful, because wether or not he denies it, Dom is a romantic at heart and is all for hooking up the soulmates :2thumbs: NOW i have to wait til 32 :sheep:

LMAO!!

Tim, I think you have come up with the only solution that might make the SRITE and the LRITE groups happy. SRLITE! Perhaps, all three are each others soulmates and the three will live happily/sexually (drool!!) together--otherwise LRITE!!!!!!! lol

Edited by matthewrmt

OK, I'll admit that any reservations I had about Rory & Seth disappeared with this chapter, especially when we have so much evidence presented that Seth is a genuinely good person and there aren't any ulterior motives lurking in the background (at least I think... you just never know with Dom).

The mess of a life that Aaron has was put on display for all to see in this chapter. Dom is a master of the written word when he can have ME feeling sympathy for Aaron's plight (even if it's of his own making). It was refreshing to see Rory trying something new during the Aaron rescue... Rory being the voice of reason at times... who would have thought this would have come about when we were reading the first few chapters. The growth and maturation of Rory into someone who is comfortable in their own skin is perhaps the greatest theme of this story (and it seems to be a common thread in Dom's stories so far).

And Luke, sweet (and hot) Luke... I love the fact that he is mature, responsible and contemplative one moment and a kid the next. The scene in Rory's bed when Luke was begging for the details of any action Rory got with Seth was cute and something guys do when their 13...

The one thing that has me wondering (besides what Rory will do with Seth's little bombshell at the end of the chapter... WooHoo... an LRITE ending may be possible) is what Aaron was babbling about when he asked Rory if he was still a virgin and what Seth was really good at...??? :angry: Dammit Dom... couldn't you let Aaron finish that sentence!!! Now I have visions of Seth "hung like a bear" Fisher turning Aaron in a big-old happy bottom... And when Luke told Rory that Aaron quickly became very proficient at giving blowjobs, what was the deal with the way he acted with Rory, especially with not kissing Rory after getting blown? I have the feeling these are questions that won't be getting answered before DD ends.

The way Dom is going he could easily make this the half-way point of the story if he was so inclined... anyone have any idea how many more chapters we have to look forward to before I can start reading the new story?

Steve

Great chapter Dom, and well worth the wait. Really enjoyed seeing how sad Aaron is. I mean he really isn't even worth discussing, he's that sad. The discussion between Rory and Seth was great too. I'm glad that Rory was honest to Seth about why he was feeling how he was feeling, and that Aaron had spoken to him.

I've decided that I can no longer wonder about Rory/Seth and Rory/Luke situations. Though, I am with Tim with the whole threesome idea. You know Seth and Luke can keep the home fires burning until Rory returns and they all do have at least one thing in common. I figure that Luke is an enigma. Aside from the fact that he used to date Aaron and the bit about his dad and mom, we don't know much about him and his life.

It will be interesting to see how Rory reacts if he does indeed react to whatever Seth says about Luke liking him.

And oh how I hate the mighty cliffhanger. Of course if it was Doms wish to finish ch 32 before releasing ch 31, maybe it won't be too much of a wait.

Two thumbs up Dom. :2thumbs:

Could us LRITEs possibly be vindicated? Great chapter anyway. Aarons part in the drama is over, and now we have drama between Luke/Rory/Seth.

As the chapters have progressed, though I have always wanted Luke and Rory together, it seems like Rory's relationship with Luke has become more and more friendly/brotherly. At this juncture, I just can't see Rory dropping Seth to be with Luke, but I am glad that we finally found out what others and myself have known all along: that Luke likes Rory. Sorry for the gloating, but it feels good to be right :P .

Now that we've gotten all worked up about Seth telling Rory that Luke likes him, it would be such a travesty if the first line of Ch. 32 was "Just kidding!" That would be soooo evil ... but if it is true, I just don't see how this could possibly work out without someone nice getting hurt, be it Seth, Luke, OR Rory. I bet Rory in his wildest dreams would never have thought two HOT guys would both want him (make that three if Aaron was honest when he said that he really did like Rory) ... I mean, how lucky can one kid get?!

:lol::lol: (irritating laughter) :lol::lol:

I knew it......Seth and Rory aren't breaking up at all........hahhahahahahah....SRITE's Unite!!!!

All of the "conspricy" theorys about Seth and Aaron have been proven wrong, like I knew they would be. I know it's a sad day to be an LR**E, but just so you know, the SRITE's and the LGAITE's are still taking members :ranger: :pickaxe: :music:

Seth is the sweetest, kindest, most caring person in the whole story, and that includes Luke. I think that the fact that he feels confident enough to tell Rory that Luke might have a crush on him (as if it matters) shows how strong his feelings for Rory are.

Of course, Luke might like someone else. Just because Seth thinks Luke likes Rory doesn't make it so......Luke could still have a thing for Aaron, or he could have a thing for Eddie, or even Jase. I bet neither one of those two notices him, and if Rory found out, he's definitely try to talk some sense into Luke.

Oh why the cliff hanger? I hate cliff hangers!

No you don't - thats why you are a Dom fan !!

you got me there :)

I don't think there is going to be a Rory and Luke. I think Rory will stay with Seth and not move from Phoenix, AZ but who knows Dom may throw a curve ball at us and change the whole thing. Keep up the good work Dom :worship: You are the best :worship:

rekop1

Edited by rekop1

I think another major plot twist, or "curve ball," is pretty inevitable, as this seems to be a recurring theme in this partcular story ... whether this will involve Rory-Seth-Luke, I couldn't really say, but other than something dramatic happening between those three, I can't see what else there could be, especially since Aaron is going to be out of the picture for the next couple weeks.

One thing I noticed is that Corey (Aaron's younger brother) sort of popped up again ... perhaps he'll have more of a role to play in future chapters ... maybe if Luke can't have Rory, he'll go for Corey (a much better choice than Aaron, IMO, and that would certainly piss off Aaron!)

Thank you, Dom, for another awesome chapter. I'd like to add my appreciation to those who have commented on Rory's growth as a person. It's been fascinating to watch him develop chapter by chapter.

Dom continually amazes because I feel like he can take me exactly where he wants to, with no say on my part whatsoever. For a long time I was a staunch LRITE, but when we started to get to know Seth I couldn't help but like him. I tried to fight it, but there it was. So then I figured I could like Seth but still not want him for Rory. I tried to refuse to think of Rory and Seth being together as a good thing. No luck there, either. Now I like Rory and Seth together. The only thing that keeps me from taking down my LRITE flag is the fact that, while I like Rory and Seth together, I'd love Rory and Luke together.

I think I'm going to stop trying to predict where I want the story to go. I'll just sit back and trust Dom to take me where I want to go - even though I don't know where that is yet.

I think Rory's actually getting likeable now, hehe, he kinda makes me think of a male version of Rachel from Friends, like a little bit spoiled at first but slowly becoming more aware of other people, and also just a little blonde acting :D . I can just imagine him almost falling off the bench after seth's revelation, hehe.

I thought this was hilarious, because Luke's situation reminds me of a conversation Ross and Joey had in Season 1 ("The One With The Blackout" for any Friends buffs out there). Ross was telling Joey that he was interested in Rachel, but Joey said he'd waited too long and now he was in the "Friend Zone." Ross tried to deny it, but Joey told him, "you're the mayor of the Zone."

Luke didn't make his move, so Rory is with Seth and thinks of Luke as a friend. Luke's the mayor of the Zone!

Anyway...can't wait this Chapter 32!

Edited by Chris Muldoon