It looks like no matter who Rory ends up with, about half of the readership is going to be incredibly disappointed, unless Dom is really, really creative and can somehow find a way to make *everyone* happy ... but, Dom is a fantastic writer, not necessarily a magician or god. :blink:

Personally, I would *love* for Rory and Luke to be together in the end, but even I am having very serious doubts. Despite the fact that Luke obviously likes Rory, and wants to spend long hours cuddling him in bed, gently kissing his soft lips, running his hands gently through his short, spiky hair, kneading Rory's soft butt cheeks with his strong hands, whispering sweet nothings into his ear about love, committment, etc. ... however, there are no signs that there are any problems in Rory and Seth's relationship ... even the Aaron/jealousy issue has been worked out, and Aaron is pretty much out of the picture for the time being. So, my hope is fading fast ... going, going, going ........ **sigh**

Give in to your insecirities, Buddha, and come to the other side....it's not too late. The cause of the LR**E's is as dead as the popularity of Blues Traveler. :music::music::music::music:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give in to your insecirities, Buddha, and come to the other side....it's not too late. The cause of the LR**E's is as dead as the popularity of Blues Traveler. :music::music::music::music:

I would respond, but I have no idea what that reference means.

Give in to your insecirities, Buddha, and come to the other side....it's not too late.

Why does this remind me of Darth Vador in star Wars?

Don't tell me your deviding yourselves in 2 groups again. Remember what happened last time there wer 2 groups in the forum.

A great lady had to put her foot down to stop the namecalling, before it got out of hand.

Hope you don't go that way again. :thumbdown:

Hughs

Peter

It looks like no matter who Rory ends up with, about half of the readership is going to be incredibly disappointed, unless Dom is really, really creative and can somehow find a way to make *everyone* happy ... but, Dom is a fantastic writer, not necessarily a magician or god. :blink:

:blink:

I don't think anyone is going to be disappointed which ever way Dom ends the story. Predicting who Rory will end up with (if anyone) is just a little side game we do as we patiently wait for the next chapter.

So, my hope is fading fast ... going, going, going ........ **sigh**

Too bad... you were good to have on the team Mr. Buddha. Oh well, even with loosing you, LRITE numbers have been trending upwards with the most recent chapter :2thumbs: (source: LRITE Membership Bar Chart - Feb 7 2006).

Take Care®,

Vic

Hmm.... Ive had this problem recently, its called Seth. See at first I thought he was just some punk with a hat fetish, now I realise he's just a sweet guy (with a hat fetish :P ). The problem is that I always saw the story conclusion being Rory deciding to stay and himself and Luke hooking up. With seth in the way, its becoming hard to see how Dom will pull that off.

The big factor I see playing a part is Aaron, whilst it has been said that he's going away for the summer, I really don't think weve seen the last of him. I get the feeling he's going to screw with the Rory/Seth relationship. I mean, even though seth has said that he's just concerned about Aaron, I really don't believe that. In the end, I see Seth doing something stupid with Aaron to f**k it up, and Luke picking up the pieces after him.

So basically the moral is..... LRITE forever! :P

It must be nice to live in an alternate universe, where reality and facts have no bearing on eachother :lol: ........the LR**E movement is soon to be a distant memory, like the music carreer of Will Smith :music::music::music::music:

…………………………………….__,,,,,,,---,,,,,,_………………………………

…………………………_,,,--~’’

Edited by Raiyne

Ok, here's a semi-new theory.

1) Rory confronts Luke about his feelings for him and luke admits that Rory is in fact his secret love :wub: .

2) Emotional chatter Leads to a HOT LOVEMAKING SCENE :2thumbs:

3) Rory, being the honest boy he is confesses to Seth who promptly reminds him what his cheating policy is and dumps him. :(

4) Rory gets depressed (because of his guilt) and decides he can't stay in Arizona. Luke of course, is heartbroken.

5) Soon after Rory returns to Arizona not because of Luke or Seth but because he misses Eddie and wants to be a part of a family.

If you don't like this theory that's fine but I would direct yor attention to point number two :P if nothing else that point would compensate for a lack of a Rory/Luke, Rory/Seth ending.

Wynter

The line I liked best in the chapter..."You know, if its because you don't know how, I could...." Now if that is not almost coming out and saying that Luke has the hots for Rory....I mean come on..... :wub:

:

The line I liked best in the chapter..."You know, if its because you don't know how, I could...." Now if that is not almost coming out and saying that Luke has the hots for Rory....I mean come on.....

I agree lennyo... And it was almost worse than the cliffhanger at the end of the chapter. Because although we will eventually find out how Rory reacts to the news that Luke likes him, we will never know how Luke was going to finish that sentence. Darn. I could think of a few ways though... :P

Edited by sparrow

I could see Rory possibly cheating on Seth, driven by hormones and curiosity (who in their right mind wouldn't give their left nut to have Luke on top of them, sweating and moaning?) ... however, I don't know if I could imagine Luke letting Rory cheat on Seth with him, despite his liking him. If he did that, it would really ruin my image of Luke (I could probably understand better with Rory, because I think we all realize he can be pretty dumb sometimes).

As for Wynter's theory, I don't see 1) as being very plausible (Rory confronting Luke about his feelings) ... I think Rory would feel way too awkward about that. I'm just amazed that Seth doesn't seem to be upset or jealous ... I mean, he knows Luke likes Rory, they live together, and Luke is totally hot ... if I was Seth, I'd be totally insecure, despite Rory saying that Seth is the only one he wants.

I guess we'll just have to wait for Ch. 32 to find out what happens ... and hopefully won't have to wait as long as we did for Ch. 31 ... **sigh**

I could see Rory possibly cheating on Seth, driven by hormones and curiosity (who in their right mind wouldn't give their left nut to have Luke on top of them, sweating and moaning?) ... however, I don't know if I could imagine Luke letting Rory cheat on Seth with him, despite his liking him. If he did that, it would really ruin my image of Luke (I could probably understand better with Rory, because I think we all realize he can be pretty dumb sometimes).

Oh, I beg to differ. Hormones are just as good as alcohol at lowering inhibitions. As for Lukes image... I think he can retain a good image so long as he feels really guilty after 'the act' and tries to make amends (don't ask me how).

As for Wynter's theory, I don't see 1) as being very plausible (Rory confronting Luke about his feelings) ... I think Rory would feel way too awkward about that. I'm just amazed that Seth doesn't seem to be upset or jealous ... I mean, he knows Luke likes Rory, they live together, and Luke is totally hot ... if I was Seth, I'd be totally insecure, despite Rory saying that Seth is the only one he wants.

He might not necessarily confront him but living in the same house with him and knowing how he feels...somethings got to give. Either he'll confront him or Luke will pick up on his discomfort and probe until Rory just blurts it out (in his typically inelegant way).

Wynter

Well, if Rory does believe Seth and doesn't just brush it off (as he is prone to do), I can certainly see how it could make things very awkward between him and Luke ... and if Rory decides that he doesn't care about Luke in that way, it could get even more awkward. I can see that awkwardness being enough to send him back to Nevada.

I think Dom has really thrown a doozy at us ... this is a really difficult situation. Rory is in a relationship with a really nice guy, someone who treats Rory well, respects him, listens to him, etc. At the same time, he lives with someone who he is very close to emotionally, is hot as hell, who also treats him well and respects him, as well as liking him as more than a friend ... quite the debacle, and I don't see any way to resolve it without someone good getting hurt.

Now if that is not almost coming out and saying that Luke has the hots for Rory....I mean come on..... :wub:

:

It's not. I would love to f**k Rory sideways myself, but would I be crazy enough to get into any form of a relationship with the emotional rollercoaster that is Rory? No, and somehow I think Luke is better than that. Seth has proven that he can handle Rory (mostly because he has had Rory wrapped around his finger since Ricks party), so we're already on our way to a happy ending. Now all we need is for this Jole guy to find his way into Lukes bed and wait for Luke to come back with Seth and Rory in tow... :devil:

<--- Skipped over the entire thread so he could get back to his schoolwork BEFORE going back to bed (woke up at noon, went to class, came back, went back to bed, woke up at dinner time, watched Waiting with another guy on the floor, then discovered DD31 was up... grrr I go no work done because of that!)

Anyway, it is very clear that the LRITE's have absolutely no hope. Luke likes Rory (since Seth doesn't lie), but Luke isn't the one Rory is falling for. Likewise Seth is clearly falling for Rory, as all of Rory's insecurities are clearly mutual. I also love Seth to death, and if he was a real person and Rory left him for Luke, I would punch Rory in the throat and then ask Seth if he wants to "dance". :devil:0:)

I'm not sure that's really all that true. Rory gets sexually assaulted by Aaron. 48 hours later he's making out with Seth without knowing anything about Seth's personality. 48 hours later he's obsessing about Seth while still knowing nothing about Seth's personality. He's telling himself he's deep in a relationship while planning to hurry back to the tender mercies of Alice the Incomprehensible in a matter of weeks. It would be a tad challenging to find a more classic case of a rebound relationship. I guess Seth and Rory could be the first rebound relationship in the history of the universe to actually work out. There is, after all, a first time for everything.

Fortunately for Seth's rep I'm not the kind of person who would call Luke a convicted car thief or Seth an experienced guy taking advantage of someone with recent sexual trauma and no experience of relationships.

Edited by Alan
Oh, I beg to differ. Hormones are just as good as alcohol at lowering inhibitions. As for Lukes image... I think he can retain a good image so long as he feels really guilty after 'the act' and tries to make amends (don't ask me how).

Wynter

He couldn't retain his image as far as I'm concerned :thumbdown:

and I don't see any way to resolve it without someone good getting hurt.

Well if Luke and Rory follow the guideline expressed above, Seth will be the only "good" one left, and better off w/o any of them.

It's no small coincedence that I was an Aaron supporter as long as we ONLY knew about the car theft, but decided he really was bad news after I found out he cheated on Luke (and later Seth). Perhaps it's irrational to make a bigger deal about that, but I suppose it's just more "relatable".

Oh and I really can't see Luke cheating (or facilitating cheating) after what happened to him. That and while Rory isn't perfect, I don't think he'd do that.

Cheaters suck; take care all

Kevin

Jeezus!

What a chapter! and i read somewhere here about the possibility of Rory cheating on Seth.. it's not unlikely.. knowing that rory is easily persuaded with charms and all that.. and obviously.. though he doesnt wanna admit it.. he still has a soft spot for Aaron.

about Luke's mystery crush.. haha i loved when Seth said.. "You mean besides you?"

Even he thinks it's Rory.. and I think so too.. there had been so much sexual tension between them from the very beggining.. and who knows.. if Rory does cheat on Seth.. it might be with Luke?

Though i am kind of a Luke and Rory person... i dont think that would be good.. cause I like Seth.. He's a nice guy. Sweet and passionate.. and.. ok I'll stop.

Edited by Narcidius

I also really liked the way Rory found out about Luke. I found myself reading that part over and over, "acting" it out in my head.

Dom's created a situation with the potential for a lot of drama. It seems like either Luke or Seth is going to get hurt. I know I don't want either of them to get hurt, but Rory's conflict over this is going to be great reading (I like internal struggle). I'm officially hooked...

Wow. Dom is wonderful and really, really sadistic.

I love we get a new perspective on Aaron. He's still a little dick, but he's little dick we can feel for. Seth is also just too perfect for words. I'm sorry that I ever doubted him.

As far the Luke thing, call me crazy, butg I don't think it's going to be a bad dramatic thing. The way Seth said it was as if he was joking. And I think we all agree that Rory won't have the nerve to ask Luke straight up.

Also, it's pretty clear that Rory is staying, or eventually will live, in Arizone. My proof:

I didn't look back at him as I headed towards my friends, wondering if I was ever actually going to see Aaron Keslin again. Somehow, I didn't doubt it.

Rory has the feeling that he'll see Aaron again. And how would he ever see Aaron again? By staying in Arizona!

This is also my reasoning for the Luke/Rory/Seth triangle not going anywhere. If Rory stays in Arizona, I highly doubt there will be romantic feelings between Rory and Luke (especially if Rory chooses to stay with Seth). That would be waaay too awkward.

I don't think Rory is going to cheat. I don't think he can stand all the guilt. The only way it'll be possible if he was just trying to make sure no one got hurt. Plus, I hate cheaters.

But anyways, yayness! Dom rocks my socks. And I'm sort of hoping for a Luke/Rory/Seth threesome. :P

Edited by c.a.

As far the Luke thing, call me crazy, butg I don't think it's going to be a bad dramatic thing. The way Seth said it was as if he was joking. And I think we all agree that Rory won't have the nerve to ask Luke straight up.

I disagree. With Rory it's never a question of having the nerve. Whenever Rory has hard questions for someone be it Luke or Grandma or even Jase they just pop out of his mouth, almost always as a non sequitur. He dosen't plan it, it just happens. I figure it will happen on their little camping trip.

As far the Luke thing, call me crazy, butg I don't think it's going to be a bad dramatic thing.

:blink::blink:

don't think it's going to be a bad dramatic thing????? Please, this is Dom remember??? :P

Thanks for the laugh C.A.! :lol:

Vic

I can see Rory cheating on Seth with Luke, because I have a feeling that Luke will seduce Rory into having sex with him and take his virginity because he's manipulative that way. Rory, not being that smart, will get caught up in the moment and lose himself. Of course, a week or so later when he realizes that Luke gave him a VD, he'll regret it. But the good news is that Seth is so caring and so giving of himself, that he'll take Rory back and invest in some condoms :)

• Site Moderator

Here's another possibility. Rory gets mad at Seth for saying what he did. He confronts Luke again about who this mystery person is he likes. Luke tells him the truth, that it is indeed him that he likes. Rory becomes so confused about his feelings, he doesn't know what to do.

Seth and Rory talk about things and decide to put their relationship on hold while Rory gets his head together and decides who he wants to be with, Luke or Seth.