Active College Football Player Comes Out as Bisexual

methodwriter85

• Site Administrator

I saw that on the news tonight. My hubby's high school used to play Kennewick's. I have to say, growing up in that area? Yeah, poor kid cause it is NOT exactly alternative individual friendly. More power to him! Though, at least he's part of the kicking team and less likely to face a lot of violent reaction on the field. There are a LOT of rules about roughing a kicker.

That is too cool! Would be even better if he made it pro, and the fact he was dating a dude was simply a footnote or an afterthought...

Be even nicer if who he dated wasn't something to be thought about at all. Does dating a gal make him any better a kicker than dating a guy? Don't think so!

• Like 1

Be even nicer if who he dated wasn't something to be thought about at all. Does dating a gal make him any better a kicker than dating a guy? Don't think so!

Cudos to Mertens :) In the UK this would be equivalent to a minor league footballer (oops, "soccer" player :P) - don't think it would get a mention unless as part of a bigger story about prejudice generally. Even gay politicians aren't news anymore.

But coming out is probably always going to be news if someone is A list and eligible because we're in a celebrity culture where even plucked eyebrows will get attention :lol: For those guys it's about "taking them off the market" for their fans who fantasize about snagging a celebrity and having their babies... :P So the Tom Daley "news" will always be a story :(