Open Club  ·  280 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Flux Music Recomendations

Prologue

-When Matt realizes that he really did lose Wade for good at Christmas 2001.

"Crazy" by K-Ci & JoJo

Chapter 1

-When Brad listens to Will and Wade go on about their summer 2002 plans, with Will being excited to take Zach to Hawaii.

"A Thousand Miles" by Vanessa Carlton

-At the party, where Matt realizes that Wade's being fed shots by a shady guy.

"Pass The Courvoisier, Part II" by Busta Rhymes and P. Diddy

-When Matt ruminates on what he's really messed up after driving Wade home and seeing Will's eyes.

"Wasting My Time" by Default

Prologue

-When Matt realizes that he really did lose Wade for good at Christmas 2001.

"Crazy" by K-Ci & JoJo

Chapter 1

-When Brad listens to Will and Wade go on about their summer 2002 plans, with Will being excited to take Zach to Hawaii.

"A Thousand Miles" by Vanessa Carlton

-At the party, where Matt realizes that Wade's being fed shots by a shady guy.

"Pass The Courvoisier, Part II" by Busta Rhymes and P. Diddy

-When Matt ruminates on what he's really messed up after driving Wade home and seeing Will's eyes.

"Wasting My Time" by Default

I really liked the Vanessa Carlton song, but I think it works better when Matt is looking at Wade in the party.  "Wasting my Time" was another really good choice.  I'm not a big fan of Busta Rhymes and P. Diddy, but that's just me.

Chapter 2

-When Will and Matt clear out their feelings about what happened.

"Creep" by Radiohead

-When Matt and Wade decide that they're going to be friends with benefits.

"End of The Road" by Boyz II Men

This is a rather popular graduation song, so I thought it fit well. Private Tim, I hope you enjoyed that one, as it was a popular tune when you were Will's age.

• Like 1

Chapter 3

-When Wade and Matt argue in the morning after.

"Blurry" by Puddle of Mudd

-When Matt tries to lead down Wade on Memory Lane, and remind them of when they fell deeply in love in 1998-1999, and we montage over their happy moments.

"Because of You" by 98 Degrees

I actually went back to the Bloodlines Music thread and picked this tune from a Matt/Wade moment from when Wade decides to move into Escorial in chapter 50 of Bloodlines.

- When Wade and Matt have sex again, after reminding him of the night that they cuddled together after Cole knocked him out at the hockey game back in '98.

"2 Become 1" by The Spice Girls

Browising the Bloodlines Music thread, I realized that I did actually score that moment. This was the tune for it.

-When Matt announces that he's going to move back into Escorial, and discovers that he got into U. of Chicago.

"A New Day" by Celine Dion

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 2

Chapter 4

-When Matt leaves his college dorm, for good, and contemplates while leaving behind that life forever.

"Forever Young" by Alphaville

I danced to this song at my high school prom. It's still emblazoned in my mind- it was the tune from Napoleon Dynamite.

-When Wade and Matt have some hot, rough sex.

"Control" by Puddle of Mudd

-When Matt and Wade talk about his plans for graduate school, and Matt realizes that it really is ending, and soon.

"If You Leave" by OMD

• Like 1

Chapter 5

-When Brad has Ben fitted for a tux, who gets really uncomfortable.

"How the Other Half Lives" from Thoroughly Modern Millie

-When Brad muses about the Look of Insta-Chemistry.

"I Turned The Corner"/"I'm Falling In Love With Someone" from Thoroughly Modern Millie

-When Brad muses on the different forms of love, and remembers when he and Stefan became blood brothers.

"Lean On Me" by Bill Withers

Chapter 6

-When Matt sees Wade, and feels happy and hopeful for their future together.

"Wherever You Will Go" by The Calling

-When Wade makes it clear to Matt that he doesn't want to be with him and they are not getting back together.

"Foolish" by Ashanti

-When Matt mopes about Wade's firm and final "No", and makes a resolution to get over him and start over.

"New Slang" by The Shins

• Like 1

I now adore that song Methodwriter (New Slang; speaks simultaneously on so many levels). I just feel though that with his new found resolution my mind imagined a song a bit more two fingers up to the situation and less relaxed so Pink :P . He's still pissed off about it all, resolute he isn't going to let it bother him outwardly though it will. Resentment too with Wade not giving them another chance. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNpym8_pUUs   

• Like 1

Chapter 9

-When Matt, overcome by his emotions, leaves the hospital.

"Just Like A Pill" by Pink

-When Matt kicks the shit out of Brad.

"Boom" by P.O.D.

-When Will and Matt bond, and Matt realizes the shoe is on the other foot.

"Screaming Infidelities" by Dashboard Confessional

This video makes me want to run out to Hot Topic and get a leather cuff and a vintage ringer t-shirt. Maybe a chain wallet.

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 11

-When Matt recounts his graduation day weekend, 2002.

"The Graduation Song" by Vitamin C

I still can't believe that I'm actually 1 year away from my 10th year reunion. Damn. Time sure flies, huh? *Raises fist* Class of 2005 still rocks!

-When JP takes Matt out for a ride and they talk.

"Ventura Highway" by America

-When Brad tells Will about what he's uncovered about himself in therapy.

"In My Place" by Coldplay

I really liked Coldplay in the early/mid-2000's. I can't think of a single song after "Fix You" that I liked though, though.

-When Will and Zach end up at pretty much the place you expected them to end up at.

"What I Did For Love" from A Chorus Line

"A Chorus Line" is such an awesome musical. It's a shame that the musical film adaption basically gutted the whole thing and made Michael Douglas the star even though he shouldn't have been.

• Like 1

And now I can't get that dammed Vitamin C song out of my head. Thanks a lot Meth:p

Try being someone who went to high school in the first half of the 2000's. That song was ALWAYS trotted out.

• Like 1

Chapter 12

-When Will tries to contain his rage feelings.

"The Red" by Chevelle

-When Will angsts over Zach.

"Alone Again" (Naturally) by Gilbert O'Sullivan

-When Will and Zach try to work things out.

"Complicated" by Avril Lavigne

Yes. Avril Lavigne officially exists in Cap World now. She blew up over the summer of 2002. My god the hate comments on her were hilarious to read back in the day. She had to be the most annoying teen star of the decade, mainly because she had attitude like she was better than the Hilary Duff's of the world because she was "real", but she was just as manufactured as anybody else. I remember a rant session from college kids who were pissed that she mispronounced David Bowie's name at an award's show.

-When Will and Zach cement their new resolve with a tumble in the sack.

"Escape" by Enrique Iglesias

-When Will and JP talk about the situation with Zach.

"Hide Your Love Away" by The Beatles

• Like 1

Chapter 12

-When Will tries to contain his rage feelings.

"The Red" by Chevelle

-When Will angsts over Zach.

"Alone Again" (Naturally) by Gilbert O'Sullivan

-When Will and Zach try to work things out.

"Complicated" by Avril Lavigne

Yes. Avril Lavigne officially exists in Cap World now. She blew up over the summer of 2002. My god the hate comments on her were hilarious to read back in the day. She had to be the most annoying teen star of the decade, mainly because she had attitude like she was better than the Hilary Duff's of the world because she was "real", but she was just as manufactured as anybody else. I remember a rant session from college kids who were pissed that she mispronounced David Bowie's name at an award's show.

-When Will and Zach cement their new resolve with a tumble in the sack.

"Escape" by Enrique Iglesias

-When Will and JP talk about the situation with Zach.

"Hide Your Love Away" by The Beatles

Jeremy,

I meant to comment on these.  Really nice picks.  The Chevelle song is just agonizing; so perfect for Will's mood.   I hadn't heard that Gilbert O'Sullivan song in forever.  My mother loved that song.  Not a big Avril Lavigne fan, but the song works great.  But of all the songs, my favorite, was the Enrique Iglesias one.  "Red" sets the tone for the hell Will is going through, and "Escape" brings us back to the love these two share. 

Well done!

• Like 1

Thanks. It's 2002 now, which means we're in the year of Avril Lavigne. It was kind of hard to ignore her, because she was hyped so much as the anti-Britney Spears, and we were at the start of the anti-pop years. Teen bubblegum pop didn't really make a return in the United States until the Jonas Brothers hit circa 2006-2008.

Anyway...

Chapter 13

-When Matt watches Wade, Tiffany, and JJ find their perfect house, and realizes that he no longer belongs with Wade, and Boston is not going to be home to him.

"I'm Moving On" by Rascal Flatts

-When Will drives J.P.'s 1963 convertible.

"I Get Around" by the Beach Boys

Every time I hear this song, I like to picture myself driving around early 1960's Southern California, hitting up the still relatively undeveloped beaches and getting a burger and shake at the hamburger stand for 50 cents. You know, the world of all those 60's beach movies and all that.

-When Will realizes that being antagonistic towards Zach's parents actually helps him out.

"Without Me" by Eminem

Every time Eminem makes the diss at Moby, I just think, "Well, you're now 41, so there!" I don't mind his current music but I don't know...he can't really pull off the "angry young man exposing society's ills" role anymore. Still, in 2002 he was at top form, and his videos were pretty brilliant back then. It sucks that YouTube often censors the shit out of them.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1

Chapter 15

-When Will reads Tony's apology email.

"Don't Let Me Get Me" by Pink

-When Zach and Will have some fun with each other and get a little kinky, while Will assures Zach that the kink is okay.

"Underneath Your Clothes" by Shakira

This song massively reminds me of the 1989 hit, Eternal Flame by the Bangles for some reason.

-When Zach and Will discuss their deeper feelings for each other.

"Amber" by 311

Hands down, one of my favorite romantic songs from that decade. God. I cannot tell you how much I LOVE that song. I'd always play it on the jukebox while I was out with my friends in college and sobering up. I've been wanting to use it since we hit 2001, but it didn't really fit in 9.11.

Thanks.

Mark, you're not going to comment on the beautiful 311 love song? I thought you'd enjoy the very beach, toes-in-the-hot-summer-sand feel of it.*pouts*

You're being just a little bit high maintenance. :P

Seriously, the Amber 311 song was my favorite of that bunch, all of which were good.  That song doesn't remind me of the beach, it makes me want to get high.  I can't see any connection between the Shakira song and the Bangles' number, but that's just me. 

Edited by Mark Arbour

Chapter 16

-When Matt and Brad have their confrontation on the beach.

"Head-On Collision" by NewFound Glory

I got "Sticks and Stones" from Hot Topic back in 2002, and I fucking LOVED that album when I was 16.

-When Brad has his flashback to his fight with Robbie in 1985.

"In-Between Days" by The Cure

Thank you, Archives. I used this tune for that scene when I did the Man in Motion music recs. The mid-1980's was a really fun music time period to explore.

-When Brad comes to terms with Robbie and his son, deciding to finally forgive Robbie.

"Why" by Annie Lennox

-When Barry lays out the plan for how Will and Zach will have their closeted relationship.

"Somebody's Eyes" from Footloose The Musical

Footloose was one of those musical adaptions that I thought, for the most part, stayed on par or even improved on the source material. I also appreciated that they actually used songs from the movies, as opposed to Fame the Musical (seriously, how the hell can you have Fame the Musical without Fame being sung?) or The Wedding Singer Musical. (No ""Do You Really Wanna Hurt Me" by the Culture Club? No "True" by Spandeau Ballet? No "White Wedding" by Billy Idol? Seriously?)

When they did the Footloose remake, they should have just done the musical. It worked out for Hairspray, that's for sure.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..