Daylight Savings Time

I believe the theory was that on Sunday it had the least impact. Many people work Saturdays, and in the farming communities while every day is a work day, Sunday is less intense than the other six.

• Like 1

Kitt's right and there's the least travel going on in the early hours of Sunday morning so it minimizes transport confusion:)

By the end of World War One, almost every country involved had implemented it, though most repealed it after the war eased rationing needs.  It was then reimplemented almost worldwide during World War Two rationing, and re-repealed again afterwards...(Fun fact:  after World War One, the U.K. kept DST

In fact the UK adopted double DST during WW2 and again as an experiment from 1968-71 - clocks were put 1 hour forward in winter and 2 hours forward in summer. It boosted economic activity and was generally popular giving much lighter evenings, but it was hated in Scotland because it lies further west and in winter it might be dark until 10.00am - probably why they'll vote to split, having such long memories an' all... :P

... it was hated in Scotland because it lies further west and in winter it might be dark until 10.00am - probably why they'll vote to split, having such long memories an' all... :P

I remember being in Dundee in late June and seeing people water skiing on the Firth of Forth at 11 pm.  They were wearing wet suits, of course, since the firth is an arm of the North Sea.

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

I personally hate the switch.

Even though I know it will mess up my biological clock, i still was late Wednesday, Thursday and Friday last week. Since half the people in my department suffered the same, luckily my employer know it is something that happens.

I go to bed at the same time but lay in bed staring at the ceiling for at least an hour while my body argues with me about why I'm in bed so early. I get up at the same time, yet I finally wake up an hour into my 3 (yes 3) alarms going off.

Usually takes about 2 weeks for my body to adjust.

Heck, I have even been trying a mood lamp and definitely not taking naps, yet still I don't want to get up until an hour later.

• Like 1

I go to bed at the same time but lay in bed staring at the ceiling for at least an hour while my body argues with me about why I'm in bed so early. I get up at the same time, yet I finally wake up an hour into my 3 (yes 3) alarms going off.

:lol: I also have 3 alarms :gikkle: One Clock on the other side of the room so I have to get out of bed :funny:

I am not a morning person - there is a reason why I have grumpy bear as an avatar !