Today at the Gym

slightly off topic .. but goes well with the oatmeal cartoon ..and might explain somethings

More than half of secondary school boys and two-thirds of girls never shower after PE, a study suggests.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-30796304

Still related. The showering thing, there has to be time to shower and get dressed. Women take longer (even at that age) than men do, so it makes sense. Men (at that age) they're not really into hygiene unless they want to get some from the ladies, even then they might not shower.

I didn't shower in secondary school because they didn't give us enough time. Plus, I didn't break enough sweat. They only required us for PE for only the first two of four years in "high school" as that's what we call it here in the States.

i have a problem of over heating when doing any physical activities ... which is why i like to do that sort of thing outside (and yes I've done that out doors as well) .. so sweat evaporates quicker .. so i always showered after PE at school ... being naked with other boys wasn't a problem .. i wear glasses ... so i always told them i really couldn't see anything without them (didn't wear them in the showers) ... but in those days my eyesight really wasn't that bad :)   ... might be the reason why i enjoyed t so much ... and most of the PE games had some sort of contact ....

• Like 1

another day ... another visit to the gym ... and another long chat ... starts off with me asking how he is (lets call him B - makes it a bit more personal ) ... and that i notice he only does about 2 mins of cardio workout before moving onto the weights ... he's not really bulking - still as skinny as ever - i wish i was still that shape :)  pointed out that he should do a more rounded workout - and come join me in the twice weekly spinners classes i do - that'll give him a full workout (all hot & sweaty - we i get to that stage about 5 minutes in ) the whole thing is 45 mins long ... rest of the chat was about his work & schooling - will have to ask what courses he is doing - i've checked what the college he goes to does as top level courses ... hmm.. might have some ideas about getting him some on job training ...

next we moved onto recent events (charlie hebdo etc), he wasn't quite sure how & why that happened - so gave him a brief over view of the free speech, religious backgrounds, state & "church" etc   - something that i've looked at in the past - parents were an enlighten lot told us to go check everything & then choose what religion - if any - we wanted ... i've said in other posts about what my brothers & sister picked - me .. i say everyone should join us in the 21st century and drop their fairy stories .. but thats their choices ... 

ends up we spent most of the time chatting away rather than actually doing any work outs ... still chatting when back in the changing room - although just light stuff as there was lots of other people in there ...still have fantasies rattling around in my head and one of these days i might share with him some of the lighter ones  :boy:

• 2 weeks later...

another update - this time round B makes first contact this time :)

i know where studies - so this time i managed to get out of him WHAT he is studying - turns out its graphical design - and at the moment magazine design .. umm.. something we do at my company - publish electronic magazines for airlines, shipping & rail.

the company also has this thing where we help out the local community with work experience (or slave labour in some cases) so.... i've asked HR about how this works .... so next time i might have some news for him re: work experience / project work to up his grade... but no promises given ..

• Like 1

I had an adventure at the gym last night.

I blundered into a four twink orgy in the sauna.

Being the gentleman that I am, I excused myself, told them it was cool and that I would stay out in the whirlpool bath and greet anyone else who entered loud enough to warn them.

Am I a sweet old fart or whut?

Wow, there's a rating system and everything! The things you learn...

lol .. 4 twink alert !!

B was at the gym today as well... pity i was coming in & he was on his way out -- but had time to have a little chat .. turns out my company did do a student placement ... but due to the added security they put in place.They need a CRC , 5 year "work" history - (that one screwed them up for me as i was off with medical for 7 years before i started at this job) - then there's the GSAT (working practices for places like airport security) exams you have to pass .. can take 2 months to get all the paperwork in - and all that for a 2 week placement is a bit over the top - never mind there might be a way in via the parent company that uses the warehouse / office next door - they dont have the bonded state & we're all on 1 network ... so lets see what HR comes up with ... 

I had an adventure at the gym last night.

I blundered into a four twink orgy in the sauna.

Being the gentleman that I am, I excused myself, told them it was cool and that I would stay out in the whirlpool bath and greet anyone else who entered loud enough to warn them.

Am I a sweet old fart or whut?

Such a gentleman. :P

On a similar note, I was showering after my workout last night and a guy went into the shower directly across from mine. He left the curtain about 1/4 of the way open just enough so you could see his "maleness" dangling there. He kept soaping himself "down there" and looking at me with the "you interested?" look. No thanks pops, your old enough to be my father. Needless to say, I dried off behind the privacy of the curtain and got out of there as quickly as I could.

Ahhh the joys of going to the gym in The Gayborhood. 

• Like 1

Shoot....I'm missing all the fun! 

I have a personal trainer that tortures me so I don't go to a gym persay. He's 24 and cute, but I think he's straight as an arrow. Also, I'm usually in such extremus during the workout that I don't have a chance to enjoy all 6'3" of his musclie self. Planking is so wilting in the crotchital region... :(

Anyway, its been fun reading your steady seduction of B, Marc.

4 Twinks In A Steam Room...well...now I've got ANOTHER story to start. :P

Edited by MrM

been trying to gt B to join the spinners classes i do (Tuesday & Thursday evenings) .. pointed out that its a good cardio exercise - he then said he needs to do some of those type of exercises ,,,, then i blurted out that i'll get his heart rate pumping ... the look on his face was priceless :)   .... so i might be getting all hot & sweaty with him soon ... on the bikes !

• Like 1

I've got some new pals to work out with.

When I first started seeing them around, a couple of them blushed so hard I thought they had hurt themselves. :*)

It's not that hard to figure out who is cool and who acts like a tool. :lmao:

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

well i suppose its half term again .. didn't spot B all of last week .. and bugger ! I've done my back in today - really stupid thing, all i did was put a shopping basket on the floor whist i was out getting lunch ... twang it went .. couldn't stand up straight - not there's much straight about me :) .. luckily i was with a work colleague (A from Xmas) so he was on hand to help me hobble back to the office .. very strong shoulders... stop it .. leave that for tonight's fantasy  ,.. he-he .. so no gym tonight .. if i spotted B & he's working due to half time i'll give him my phone number so i can work out when to take him to lunch .. my office is low on managers & we've both got to eat .. so good enough excuse, if he accepts, to have a long chat about life & stuff ...       

Personal best on the rowing machine today: 300 pounds (136kg). That's my weight + about 1/3rd.

That's not a weight that I'll be working out with routinely but- I'm working up to it.

My Pecs and Lats are getting respectable.

I can't seem to get more power in my arms without straining my wrist or elbow ( both work injuries)

So I make myself feel better and do the leg press and punch it at 350# and call it even. I don't think my work out plan is working hahahàhha

I can't seem to get more power in my arms without straining my wrist or elbow ( both work injuries)

So I make myself feel better and do the leg press and punch it at 350# and call it even. I don't think my work out plan is working hahahàhha

Blaming wrist injuries on work? That old chestnut! ;-)