Today at the Gym

well.. i plucked up enough courage to walk over to the drinking fountain whilst he was there ... said that i had something for him & asked him to wait a bit, rushed into the changing rooms and grabbed the extra water bottle that I've been carrying for a while, went back and handed it to him, reminding him of the first conversation we had where i said he should bring one - exchanged a few more words & then introduced myself properly and offered a hand shake .... i know his name now :) ... i wont put that here.

a few more words & i think that's a good start, ice broken (no one fell in & drowned  :rolleyes: )... so best leave it at that ... both go back to our work outs ... he finished before me ... but we both ended up in the changing room together - along with a number of other people -so conversation was a bit slow.. but they left & we're alone so chatting away ... what i do, what he does , ooops ... i knew my guesses where bad but turns out he's younger that i thought ... at only 17 !! ... errrk !! back track ... :facepalm: 

oh well .. its good to finally talk to him ...   

ok i know this isnt gonna sound good but i think its fun to to be flirty at the gym ...lifting your shirt to wipe sweat from your face and show off your chest, well usually seperates the straight from gay guys usually...and if interested in someone well i'm on the shy side so think just asking about something about the gym or if they could watch my form gets a conversation going

There's a guy at my gym that does this very same thing. I never gave it much thought -- just thought he was friendly -- and it never occurred to me that he might be flirting until I read this post. Now I feel a little self-conscience!

• Like 1

well... looks do tend to lie about age...

no matter what age... you could be 27 and look like you're in your mid 40s...

or be in your 40's and look like a baby face...

heck i was watching... by proxy of what my mom's boyfriend was watching... in this cop show where this 14 year old boy was calmly explaining to the cop... while his mom was being balistic... the 14 year old looked like he could have been 18...

*shrugs* so remember when you see someone they could be younger than you think...

-_- after all i got mistaken for my mother's younger brother, and she was in her early 50s and i was only freshly 30...

-_- after all i got mistaken for my mother's younger brother, and she was in her early 50s and i was only freshly 30...

i used to get asked if i was my mothers husband .... she either looked really young ... or i looked old ... (i was / is half her age anyway)..

side track .. he's been awol again ,,,, but i guess college is a bit busy this time of year ,,,

i used to get asked if i was my mothers husband .... she either looked really young ... or i looked old ... (i was / is half her age anyway)..

side track .. he's been awol again ,,,, but i guess college is a bit busy this time of year ,,,

I remember going to the registrar office to register my marriage and the receptionist thought my dad was my fiancé. I was 19 and he was fifty!!!!

And I'm sure he will be back again soon. 

• 2 weeks later...

cutie has been long time gone - looks like he aint coming back :(

oh well .. life goes on - today i took a co-worker with me .. i normally do cardio & then some resistance weights - today he's showing me the free weights & giving some pointers ... also gives me a chance to prod his muscles .. just testing :)  .. its all just good fun ...

thought that story looked familiar   :)

if anyone else wants to wrap a story around this thread ... please do ... i enjoyed it .. now give me more wicked ideas  :devil:  

You definitely have something promising here Marc -- it's like a runaway thread! How wicked do you want the ideas to be anyway? Haha!

It hasn't been 24 hours since I posted Christmas at the Gym and it has 25 likes and 500 hits.

Might just be my biggest hit ever. *Blushes furiously*

Something that stuck me hard some time ago is the heat and anger in the generation gap of the gay community. I won't blame anybody for it. I think we should do better.

I have tried to be that guy whenever I can.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

onto the next chapter of this saga ...

the past couple of weeks at the gym have been very quiet .. it was after all the xmas / new year period - so people had some better things to do then get all hot & sweaty - like eating, drinking & being merry...

today i get in and - where did all these people come from ??!! looks like so many make their resolutions and with luck they'll forget soon and leave room for the regulars ... anyway ... i'm doing my cycle work and LO ! who do i spot .. yes it's HIM ! .. he's back ! .. joy upon joy.. oh dear must try and keep anatomy in check ! :blushing:   .. anyway i keep smiling at him ...- come on you idiot go talk to him ... he's using the free weights and bending / lifing right in front of me .. nice view !  aaarrrggg ... cycle use finished ... i go upstairs to use the resistance weights and calm down a tad .... a few minutes later he comes up and uses the machine at the other end of the floor ... thats it ! i walk over to him and start a conversation off by saying "nice to see you again - you were missed!", this leads to one of the longest chats we've had .. what we each were doing over xmas, the reason why he was awol - seems he was very ill, with the cold/flu that a number of people here have also been suffering - he couldnt get his flu jab this yea (i got mine - so hopefully i'm immune) - lots of laughs & giggles .. ahhh .. seems life is good again ... we leave on good terms - him off to the shower - me back to work to sort out some security issue .. next time i might totally screw things up by telling him how i really feel .. i suspect he's now got some inkling .. but, again i know how things are in reality & will be happy as a friend... 

• Like 1

this thread now has 67 replies, and 1554 lurkers views :lol:

well nice to know people are interested in my stumbles through life  :boy:

your all welcome to join me

Edited by MarcW

this thread now has 67 replies, and 1554 lurkers views :lol:

Don't forget the five voyeurs in mean followers.   :P

well nice to know people are interested in my stumbles through life  :boy:

your all welcome to join me

We've all been there is some form or another for stumbles and a lot of falls.

Just remember we are all here for you when you need us :cowboy:  but we are also all here to hear about what happens next. :D

had another long chat with him today ... just general things ... we're chatting more & more freely now - he uses the free weights a lot, something that i don't normally use (but have experience with in the past) so i gave him some pointers - difference stances & holds on the bar - its always a nice view of him bending over & lifting right in front of me whilst i try to remember to keep peddling the bike i'm on & not drooling so much :)

We even end up in the changing room together (although he's still a little shy - hiding under the towel to put underwear on etc) - I've been bought up with 3 brothers & we all bathed together at one time or another - my school as also mostly boys so showering after PE was a norm - ditto when friends visit or i went round their house (which did "shock" a few - but heck they didn't have anything different from me (well different in shape & size maybe but biologically the same) - so i still just walk about in the changing room naked to & from the showers (and when changing in & out of my street / exercise wear - let it all hang out)  ....

i haven't brought up the subject of me being smitten by him yet - for now lets just get to know each other a bit better before i throw that spanner in the works - i like him as a friend for now & hope to keep it that way for longer..

• Like 3