Today at the Gym

Have you tried Craig's List "missed connections" in the UK? Would that be too obvious (assuming he even saw it)? If you are in the locker room at the same time (ending workouts), would asking if he wanted get a pint be too weird? I assume straight buds in the UK do fluid replacement after the gym.

Today at the gym I worked out and got all hot and sweaty.

I walked out into the cold and I was steaming.

Does that mean I'm smoking hot Matt?

Was the steam coming out of your ass? If so, I think thats a sign you may be a bottom. *smartass grin* :D

as typical i screwed up another set of good timings ... we both arrived nearly at the same time at the gym to get booked in ... towels & locker keys - me at one end .. him right at the other .... changing room was a bit busy but we said our hellos & got changed - sod the furtive glances ... I LOOK ! :)

anyway B gets done 1st ... and moves off the the gym proper , i quickly follow - where did he go ?.. why are there so many people on a Monday ?... grrr .. go grab a bike & start 20min hard ride (ooooh ! ) .. notice he's at the water fountain .. ok .. i'm all hot & sweaty .. i'll join him ...

earlier on in the day i was going through the company twitter account logging all the new follows - and i notice a name that looks familiar, and the picture attached looks like him (although its a very small thumbnail picture) - quick link and notice its from a graphics design company - well B is studying that - and the link does say its an uncle & nephew company (nephew studying graphics) ... hmm could it be ? .. i did tell him about my company ...

so - we're at the water tank, i asking him what his surname is .. just as the music starts to thump out ! .. didnt quite catch it but got enough to know its not twitter guy - 1st screw up .. should have lent in & got him to "whisper" in my ear **shudder** ...

he asks why i asked the question & i tell him about the twitter feed .. & point out that the picture looked a bit like him .. "what?, tall guy with dark hair ?" .. 2nd screw up .. i should have added "and handsome"... but the words just wouldnt come out .. turns out although he's one of the young generation he doesnt really do the social media thing ...

after work outs i'm in the changing room 1st & already showered when he comes in .. does the young & shy strip - with towel around waist .. then he starts chatting to me .. both of us with just towels on ... 3rd screw up .. i really should have asked if he needed me to wash his back .. the shower cubicles might be on the small size but i'm sure we could have worked something out  :lmao: ...

he finally comes out of the shower .. all clean & pink ... ahhhh... and we continue chatting ... but damn & blast these other people getting in the way !!... i was going to give him my email address but again a screw up ...

i really suck at this real life thing ... 

Honestly Marc it seems like you behaved in a perfectly normal and appropriate manner for a 48 year old man in company with a 17 year old boy of unknown sexual orientation. You've got absolutely nothing to blame yourself for.

I was watching the new kid out of the corner of my eye. I guess he was a typical 18-22 year old- absolutely invincible.

He was working out with too much weight and he was working out by himself.

As usual, I was working out with two of the pups. I've been very pleased with their progress. There's a lot to learn and they've all stepped up. They're all competitive with each other and they would all rather be shot than out done.

By now the kid was definitely having trouble and Aaron looked at me with his eyebrow cocked.

I took two big steps over to where he was bench pressing and grabbed the bar and stabilized it.

He managed to get the barbell up to the bench stand. He glared at me and said, "I was gonna get it."

I just held my hands up.

Aaron wasn't having it. "Never bench by yourself. You just don't know when you are going to get a cramp, tire out or just plain lose it."

Roderick said, "I know you Jerry. Don't let that hard head of yours get you hurt."

The new kid, Jerry looked down and turned an interesting shade of red. I couldn't tell if be was blushing, angry, embarrassed or some combination of those emotions.

He looked up and said, "I'm sorry. I'm sort of a hothead which kinda explains why I'm working out by myself. Do... you think I could work out with y'all?"

I gave him my hand to help him up. "Come on, we're wasting time."  

• Like 1

I was watching the new kid out of the corner of my eye. I guess he was a typical 18-22 year old- absolutely invincible.

As usual, I was working out with two of the pups. I've been very pleased with their progress. There's a lot to learn and they've all stepped up. They're all competitive with each other and they would all rather be shot than out done.

By now the kid was definitely having trouble and Aaron looked at me with his eyebrow cocked.

I took two big steps over to where he was bench pressing and grabbed the bar and stabilized it.

He managed to get the barbell up to the bench stand. He glared at me and said, "I was gonna get it."

I just held my hands up.

Aaron wasn't having it. "Never bench by yourself. You just don't know when you are going to get a cramp, tire out or just plain lose it."

Roderick said, "I know you Jerry. Don't let that hard head of yours get you hurt."

The new kid, Jerry looked down and turned an interesting shade of red. I couldn't tell if be was blushing, angry, embarrassed or some combination of those emotions.

He looked up and said, "I'm sorry. I'm sort of a hothead which kinda explains why I'm working out by myself. Do... you think I could work out with y'all?"

Wait, is this a fantasy or real life? :P

I just held my hands up.

You going to continue this and tell us what happens next???

I'm curious to know for those of us (gay men) who go to the gym, what is your true motivation to go to the gym on a regular basis? 

True motivation for going is to make 'me' healthier, but people watching is an added bonus. :)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

They built a new gym here. Haven;t been to it yet because i sleep so late.

When you start out, work on you core- chest, stomach, abs and stuff. You need to build a base to work up from.

A strong core is the key.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

i havent been to the gym much over the past couple of months .. illness & work .. i've just came back from Paris (going out again - if my pass is still valid - beginning on June)... and this time of year is mock exams so explains why i haven't seen B in a while ...

anywho ... whilst in Paris i came out to another one of my colleagues... we were getting slightly merry on dark rum (well ok .. totally shit faced drunk) .. and we went down to the hotels restaurant.. get shown our table - for two, nicely dressed ... candles ... secluded location .... so of course i say "Oh! how romantic !"   :)  .. then looked over to him (fluttering eye lashes) ... well clearly this needs a little explaining .. so i just do ... he says he suspected (he pointed out the rainbow flag badge i've always had pinned to my jacket) .. yeah .. he's straight & has a girlfriend who i've met & they are a happy couple .. so he & i knew it was one of those throw away comments .. and the booze :)      

• 5 weeks later...

well ..nothing has been happening on this front fr a while ... as I've said in some other statuses / comments my life has been a car wreak for the past couple of months ... but its slowly (very slowly) getting on an even keel .. oh great that a boating metaphor.. knowing my luck i'll either sink or end up in the Bermuda triangle ...