Wow. I can't believe how deeply I was moved to pity Killer in this chapter. I am so impressed, Cole. That moment with the old woman in the park was like a little echo of the old man at the station in Anna Karenina...  :/  And now we know, it probably WAS he who gave Kevin HIV, and who knows how many other people... and he'd have done it again that afternoon if any of the girls had stayed in the Starbucks! and yet, I just feel terrible for him.

Awesome writing, Cole!

• Like 3

Thanks Irri. I wanted to show Kyle's humanity and how he isn't a caricature of a villian. He's not a good person, but he is a guy who went astray. I specifically asked my beta reader and editor if it played realistically. I'm glad it worked. Kyle did much more as you will see. He's undone but not gone from this story. His ghost will continue to haunt us, not literally.  This isn't supernatural, to be clear. :)

• Like 3

Brent and Brody...oh yeah....and sorry Irri, but God love Lloyd...His love for Brent and respect for Brody have let him see the light...what matters is whether a person's happy...not WHO they are happy with...Lloyd proves there is hope for everyone....even a cantankerous old coot...Cheers...Gary

• Like 3

Brent and Brody...oh yeah....and sorry Irri, but God love Lloyd...His love for Brent and respect for Brody have let him see the light...what matters is whether a person's happy...not WHO they are happy with...Lloyd proves there is hope for everyone....even a cantankerous old coot...Cheers...Gary

Amen! I love cantankerous, if you can't tell from my characters! Haha!

• Like 2

I knew it couldn't have been from his two in a row tricks because they were from the night before he was killed. The murderer had to have saved someone's semen. I hope you are not setting up Earl because Kevin told him it was Kyle that infected him and he could have known who that name belonged to...Kyle could even be the dealer that infected Earl...Earl did say he wanted to kill Kyle too when Kevin expressed that feeling...and Earl was in a rage when Kevin told him. The murderer had to be big and strong. I just hope it wasn't Earl but....

I would say the murderer wants to pin it on someone he hates...to kill two birds with one stone...

Edited by Headstall
  • Like 2

I knew it couldn't have been from his two in a row tricks because they were from the night before he was killed. The murderer had to have saved someone's semen. I hope you are not setting up Earl because Kevin told him it was Kyle that infected him and he could have known who that name belonged to...Kyle could even be the dealer that infected Earl...Earl did say he wanted to kill Kyle too when Kevin expressed that feeling...and Earl was in a rage when Kevin told him. The murderer had to be big and strong. I just hope it wasn't Earl but....

I would say the murderer wants to pin it on someone he hates...to kill two birds with one stone...

OMG, Gary. :o  I didn't think of any of that. But presumably Earl wouldn't use his OWN semen, and he wouldn't be very likely to have someone else's on hand... would he? He'd definitely use condoms, though, so there is that...

Edit: Waiiiit. Wait wait wait. Could it be a woman? Kyle was not a very big guy, right? A woman is just as likely to require a condom for receptive sex as a man. IN WHICH CASE IT'S HIS OWN SEMEN!

Edited by Irritable1
  • Like 2

Another thing I wonder about is why Brody had to run back to his apartment that morning...the kettle thing was obviously a lie...and Brent spent the night with him, or at least part of it...and may have seen something at Killer's building....and there still is the fact that Brody recognized Kyle from somewhere else but couldn't remember where...was that at the restaurant or somewhere else? Is Cole laying false trails?

• Like 2

Another thing I wonder about is why Brody had to run back to his apartment that morning...the kettle thing was obviously a lie...and Brent spent the night with him, or at least part of it...and may have seen something at Killer's building....and there still is the fact that Brody recognized Kyle from somewhere else but couldn't remember where...was that at the restaurant or somewhere else? Is Cole laying false trails?

I assumed that Brody was smuggling Brent out of the building without having him noticed by the police. 

As for laying false trails, I think we can be pretty sure of that one. Resounding yes...

Ok, I'm convinced the killer of Killer if you see what I mean, is a woman.

• Like 1

Ok,, now I'm starting to babble. But you see what I mean? In either case, male or female perpetrator, it could be Killer's own semen too.

It wouldn't be Killer's because the evidence showed that he was not aroused prior or during the killing....someone could have saved it but there would be no point. It has to be someone else's so that the blame would be directed away from the real murderer

• Like 2

I assumed that Brody was smuggling Brent out of the building without having him noticed by the police. 

As for laying false trails, I think we can be pretty sure of that one. Resounding yes...

Ok, I'm convinced the killer of Killer if you see what I mean, is a woman.

Great point about smuggling Brent out but whoever did the actual murder couldn't have been a woman...It was a strong man who smelled of beer and onions...But a woman could have been behind it, although I think the guy said something about not screwing with HIM...

• Like 1

It was a strong man who smelled of beer and onions...But a woman could have been behind it, although I think the guy said something about not screwing with HIM...

Aw, really? I need to go back and reread. I get a little crazy with the theories...

Edit: Ok, no, still crazy maybe, but I see no evidence that the murderer of Kyle is a man! Someone powerful with onion breath, sure, but that could describe a woman. Nowhere in Ch9 does it specify that the voice was a male voice, only that speaker said not to screw them over.

There are a few people in circulation around Killer.

The mysterious Dray who came over to party in Ch4, without his "little bitch" whose gender is never specified. Dray insists on using condoms.

Russell the dealer

Sheila the modeling placement person. She's not rigorous about condoms.

I think it's something to do with Dray. I've never fully understood what his role was in Killer's life.

Edited by Irritable1
  • Like 1

Hey there! The new chapter of BWH is posted called News You Can Use! Here's another tidbit, not really a hint. More of a guide. I call this story a suspense novel because we will find out who the murderer is before the case is solved. It's not a whodunit at the end. Right now we don't know, but I will be revealing the person more and more in a few more chapters. Thanks for reading and discussing! 

I think I am having some kind of mental breakdown....too many whos ,whats,wheres,whys.........and yeah that poor guy with the plants...he sounded hot...oops brain sidetracked...and Irri, it could be Brent's semen if they flip flopped...omg, I can't stop....

• Like 2