That was a nice chapter Dom. Milo went all psyco. I can't even tell what the hell is going through Milo's head. One minute he hates Nelson the next minute he's asking him were he lives. Ahhh Confusion :wacko:

Anyway I wonder what is going to happen when Milo shows up at Nelson's house. Or if he even shows up at all. The goat in Nelson's back yard is just plain weird, I just thought i'd mention that.

And who is Nelson going to take to homecoming? Will it be Milo? Hailey? or will he sit home alone?

duh duh duh!!!

Well Great Job again Dom!! Can't wait till the next chapter!!

That was a nice chapter Dom. Milo went all psyco. I can't even tell what the hell is going through Milo's head. One minute he hates Nelson the next minute he's asking him were he lives. Ahhh Confusion :wacko:

This is like seeing Quinn from Jude's point of view, he was the same way.

I don't think Milo's going to come, but I hope he does.

Is there a reason this news isn't in the story announcements forum? Just curious, as I'd assumed that was standard practice.

Spoilers below. Don't read if you haven't read the chapter.

Interesting chapter! I liked it! OK, I did post a while back that Milo's words would be "Get out", but I also predicted they would be the first words of the chapter, and I was wrong there. They weren't even Milo's first words. They were however his second and third, so I think I can claim a "close".

Not that this was much of a prediction on my part: It was way too early in the story for a coming together, and Milo's reaction was therefor not hard to predict.

And, a question: All the other multi-chapter stories on Dom's story page have graphic logos, but "With Trust" does not. Has Dom stated a reason for this? Does he need one making?

The beginning was exactly like some of us thought... Milo would blow up and pretend to hate him. More. Which he did.

I'm amazingly happy at what happened later on though... Milo obviously can't bring himself to openly show that he likes Nels, that won

Very good chapter.

My guess is that Milo thought Nelson was just baiting him, afraid that he was just trying to admit he was gay so that he could use it against him or something. Perhaps he had that experience before? Perhaps that was a reason he transferred schools?

I also agree with what hi_college_guy said about this being a lot like looking at Quinn from Jude's perspective, except that I think Milo knows he's gay more so than Quinn did at the time ... he'd have to be seriously weird to be drawing pictures of naked boys with extremely large reproductive organs and not realize that he was a poofter.

I can't wait to see what happens in the next chapter when/if Milo shows up at Nelson's house. Either something big will happen, or nothing at all ... just more subtle hints and more confusion (which is my guess ... Dom likes torturing his readers ... must be the goth side of him).

I think there's definitely something going on with that goat, though. I think it could end up playing as pivotal a roll in WT as Aaron did in DD. Watch out for the goat!!!

:music:

Nice chapter. Seeing Milo's slight transformation with Nels was fun to watch. You certainly can't tell exactly what's going on with Milo, but guessing on where it is going is always fun. If it progresses in the fashion that would seem to make sense (Milo/Nels), it would almost seem like a West Side Story love affair. That last line from Nels killed me. Definately no love between their friends.

And what the heck is it with peer pressure. Many a youth have been a victim. It was nice to see Nels sticking to his guns though about Haily and homecoming to his friends. It should be interesting to see what happens there. If he does go with her, he really should lay down the law. But with as much as she is digging on Nels, I don't think it would be in her best interest to go with him. No use making adding to the torture with pining over something you know you can't have. They are friends also though, so who knows.

Looking forward to what happens next chapter, if Milo shows up and all. It would be nice to get a good conversation out of the two of them without the added pressure of outside forces. But it would just figure - Milo shows up, they got a good convo going, and who should show up but Haily and/or Caleb.

And thanks Dom for breaking us into a new story, while finishing up an old one. Good plan that. :2thumbs:

Caleb is either really stupid or really scared. He obviously likes Ronnie and to ask another girl out in front of her was a /really/ stupid thing to do.

Also, I'm finding myself liking Joe less and less which is hard because I was never fond of him. Even with his brief appearances in this chapter he still managed to get on my nerves.

I'm glad that Nelson didn't mention that portait to Milo. If he had I think Milo would have freaked out more and they wouldn't be making the small bit of progress they are at the moment.

And there's something endearing about Milo's "your shoe is untied" line, not as good as Nelson's from WT4. But still cute, if not a little frustrating.

Edited by Briar
Very good chapter.

My guess is that Milo thought Nelson was just baiting him, afraid that he was just trying to admit he was gay so that he could use it against him or something. Perhaps he had that experience before? Perhaps that was a reason he transferred schools?

I was wondering that, too. Something along the lines of thinking Nelson is just trying to cause trouble.

I think there's definitely something going on with that goat, though. I think it could end up playing as pivotal a roll in WT as Aaron did in DD. Watch out for the goat!!!

Hmmmmm... Are you saying that the goat is a car thief, but framed somebody else for it, and will soon be dating Nelson? 0:)

:sheep:

Edited by C James
I also agree with what hi_college_guy said about this being a lot like looking at Quinn from Jude's perspective, except that I think Milo knows he's gay more so than Quinn did at the time ... he'd have to be seriously weird to be drawing pictures of naked boys with extremely large reproductive organs and not realize that he was a poofter.

While I agree, it is possible that he doesn't acknowledge it. Quinn doesn't acknowledge his "dark day" (dear diary, I think I'm gay) or wanting to see Jude naked and Milo sees the human body as a beautiful subject and his drawing erections has no bearing on his sexuality.

I liked this line though:

But, there was one good thing I

While I don't think that Nels and Milo (who I'm becoming almost as attracted to as Rory and Dom ... hehe) will end up running into each other's arms and admitting their undying love for each other in Ch.6, WT is not DD, and it may not take them until after chapter 20 to come together. The story may be more about them dealing with their relationship in regards to how it affects their very two different sets of friends, as well as dealing with Milo's family and whatever other strange things he has (or has had) going on in his life. I think the "West Side Story" analogy is a good one.

I think Nels is too stubborn and too sure of what he wants to let things drag on for so long (unlike Rory), and already it's clear that Milo's defenses are starting to break down. Hopefully, Milo will realize that Nelson is not a threat sooner rather than later.

And as for the goat ... no one predicted what Dom would do at the end of DD 35, so don't sell that damn goat short ... I'm tellin' y'all, that goat is gonna cause trouble. Goats have a tendency to do that ... you think they're being cute and all until WHOOMPF! they back kick you in the nuts ... or Milo and Nels could be making out in the backyard, and the goat comes over and tries to eat Milo's hair or something while they're rolling around on the ground ... goats are trouble!!!

I love this story. Have since the beginning. Above all it is the masterful style of the author that really holds me in. I suffered so much for Nelson, when he had made a gift of his vulnerability and then got told he was a "sick f**k".

I needed the interaction with the father that followed. That was so much what I wanted to do and I was so happy that Nelson had support at that moment.

But of course what is happening here is the dialectics of the closet. Milo didn't believe Nelson because Nelson is closeted and hanging around with a hetero mob. Milo too is in the closet. The difference between them would appear to be that Nelson has family support, while Milo does not. We do not know that of course.

Nevertheless offense has been given to Nelson. What Milo did was beyond cruel. He will have to do penance. That reminds me of the situation in Doctorow's Ragtime when the father says something like there has been suffering and now there must be penance to describe the constant visits of the black man to the maid who keeps ignoring him because he has hurt her.

BTW All day I kept tuning into the website hoping I would be the first again to get Ch 5. I can't believe I missed it. :(

Gearoid

Great chapter. It came out a little later than the others, but that was good because I was actually able to write my essay. :D

I get the impression that Milo is incredibly sensitive but guarded. Perhaps his distant/loveless relationship with his father and growing up in that environment has led to confusion about how to express his feelings or even admit that they exist. Maybe Milo is "out to himself," but is still have having serious problems facing it. Then along comes Nels, bringing up all of these feelings within him leading to turmoil. So, he lashes out at the person that caused all of this (sort of like Quinn).

But anyway, that's just a guess. For all I know, Milo could be a stripper at some club in the nearest major city.

Guest Enigma75

First off . . . Long time lurker, first time poster . . .

I really like this story so far, then again I

Is there a reason this news isn't in the story announcements forum? Just curious, as I'd assumed that was standard practice.

Well, Dom sends his chapters to be posted by Myr and then Myr leaves it up to the author to put the announcement up. Sometimes (depending on the hour), Dom doesn't always get to that right away, and then a GAC might do it if they see it. It eventually gets taken care of, but you know how some Domaholic's are :P .

And, a question: All the other multi-chapter stories on Dom's story page have graphic logos, but "With Trust" does not. Has Dom stated a reason for this? Does he need one making?

Dom's website is currently being re-designed by the fabulous NateB. So since it's getting a makeover, there was no sense in putting up a new WT logo.

So be patient, the grand reveal of the new and improved Domluka official website will be coming soon*.

Take Care

Edited by naper_vic

I've been lurking around gayauthors reading the stories more than the boards (I've got catching up to do) and I always intended to join, but after reading a new chapter I was usually in a hurry to get somewhere else lol.

But now I could not get my conscious calm without doing this *thwacks Caleb in the head with big frying pan* how can he do that to the poor girl!

Also, great developments ^_^ I love this story, and most of the characters, I even liked Assface from the moment he entered. Joe has been blemished a bit in my opinion and I foresee trouble with him in the future. It's a DomLuka story, there'll be trouble anyway :)

Innoce

I've been lurking around gayauthors reading the stories more than the boards (I've got catching up to do) and I always intended to join, but after reading a new chapter I was usually in a hurry to get somewhere else lol.

But now I could not get my conscious calm without doing this *thwacks Caleb in the head with big frying pan* how can he do that to the poor girl!

Also, great developments ^_^ I love this story, and most of the characters, I even liked Assface from the moment he entered. Joe has been blemished a bit in my opinion and I foresee trouble with him in the future. It's a DomLuka story, there'll be trouble anyway :)

Innoce

Welcome, Innoce!!!

I agree with you about Caleb. How could he not figure out that if you are seeing one girl, asking another to the dance right in front of her might not be overly well received?

Just a guess, but I suspect he's completely non-monogamous, the the extent that he can't understand why some people are monogamous. But, that's fine IMHO, as long as he's honest about it. So far, he hasn't tried to hide it, which is good.

As for Joe: I agree there too. Being the designated and then drinking REALLY soured me on him, and his attitude since has re-enforced that opinion. I also have a hunch he will be the one of Nelson's friends to most object to Nels being gay.

First off . . . Long time lurker, first time poster . . .

I really like this story so far, then again I

Thanks Mr. Luka. Another wonderful chapter.

My take is that Milo, being a 'Trust' fund baby has been given an ultimatum by his father. Straight: OK, Gay: cut off without a bean.

One of them will marry the goat. Assface might be an Alien.

Roll on chapter 6!

PS: If I've plagiarised anyones theories I'm innocent! It's obviously morphic resonance.

---

I hate typos

Edited by Camy

I have a theory on the goat....now, before you read this, remember to keep an open mind............

In the last 3 Dom Luka Blockbusters, someone has always died.....

TLW= Dead Dan the angry, rejected lover of Owen

TOU= Officer Moore, an angry father and spouse killed in the line of duty

DD, Gina Nordick, the angry feminist, rejected lover of Eddie

Could it be possible that the goat is an incarnation of all three angry spirits, and they've come to Heywell to bring down the mighty Trust empire and spread gay poltergiests across the town??

If and when Milo shows up at Nelson's, I can't wait to see what happens. I love this story and so glad Dom intorduced it when he did.

Caleb needs to be smacked in the head for doing that to Ronnie.

Joe is Joe, still not sure if I like him or not.

Nelson needs to do something about Hailey. Tell her it can't happen or something. The longer he waits, the more she is going to hurt when it happens.

Great chapter Dom, can't wait for more as always.

Meleth

Edited by Meleth of Legolas

(Completely off topic: Whoo, I'm a newbie! I've been reading Dom's stories for months now, but didn't decide to join the forum 'til now. Hm, it's fun sharing my two cents...)

Oh, lovely chapter! I love it like a fat boy loves cake (no offense meant to anybody.)

Although many people might not like Joe, I don't have so much of a problem with him as I do with Haily. I don't know what it is, but something about her rubs me the wrong way. I guess I'm just not too fond of... clingy (for lack of better word) people. I find it annoying how she's dropping hints, whining about not having a date, and turning down four (or some) guys.

I don't hate her, and I hope she'll grow on me later in the story. But right now, she's not at the top of my list. (I have a tiny, wriggling feeling in my gut saying that she'll be either a huge problem concerning Nelson's homosexuality, or be great supporter. Let's hope it's the latter.)

Dear, dear, Milo. He's so... adorable! I love the shoelace line. It just seemed sweet to me. And especially how he took notes for Nelson. As soon as I read that, I knew it was going to be fine.

And for something random... I love Chad! I want to give him a hug.

Edited by Anzu